• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Epi

I’m not a little kid
I don’t have any of these, but I’ll maybe check my library

Last edited:

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Currently reading 12 rules for life, Jordan Peterson. It’s not for everybody though

Idk about reading a self help book by a man who got himself tricked by his daughter into eating only meat (wtf) who then got addicted to benzos lol but alright

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Yeah I don’t like him, but the book is good

Haven’t read any of his books myself but I hear he draws you in by combining sound psychological advice like ‘clean your room’ (which has shown to have tangible positive effects) with some weird utilitarian Jungian pseudo-religion. His fans were basically a cult a few years back but that’s died down a bit since his coma due to addiction.

Haven’t read any of his books myself but I hear he draws you in by combining sound psychological advice like ‘clean your room’ (which has shown to have tangible positive effects) with some weird utilitarian Jungian pseudo-religion. His fans were basically a cult a few years back but that’s died down a bit since his coma due to addiction.
I’ve noticed he has a pessimistic view of life, he is too serious and exaggerating. Probably because he’s met messed up individuals as a clinical psychologist so he thinks people are constantly oppressed and need to fight back.

Some stuff are good and practical, like having a good routine, a big breakfast with lots of protein, not hanging around with losers because they will drag you down, not helping losers who are not ready for helping because they will also drag you down, etc.

But he doesn’t make exceptions to his doctrines, he doesn’t believe in collective cooperation until you’ve fixed your life. That’s why he doesn’t take climate change seriously because it requires collective cooperation and responsibility.

He should stay out of politics.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
I’m interested in reading The Prince. I’ve never been one for Islamic philosophy though I won’t mind reading Ghazali based on reputation.

Thugnificent

Father, lover, scholar, landheer

Thugnificent

Father, lover, scholar, landheer
Here is a book recommendation for the next poll.
'Memoirs of babur'
It's an autobiography of the muslim founder of the Mughal Empire.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Here's a video explaining the book

1614128094543.jpeg

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
How did i never see this and What happened to the idea I love Islamic philosophy (and anti-philosophy) can’t believe it flopped :mjkkk:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I have read Imam Nawawi's 40 hadith.

Very good insight, would recommend to Somalis seeing as though we apparently follow the Shafi'i madhab.

Well, here’s the poll for the first book selection of the Somalispot book club! Once we’ve decided what book we want to read we will come back here in 14 days to discuss our thoughts on it.

I think if everyone gets two choices of what book they want to read we can all arrive at the most acceptable choice for all.
@Revolutionary
@Halimo Supremist
@Duchess
@Omar del Sur
@Hodan from HR
@486th President
@AishaBarri
@Raaxeeye
Noone understand the prince, it is too complex and written in a different language, it will be too difficult for anyone to understand what its trying to say.

Trending

Latest posts