Somalis worshipped Almaqah not Waaq [THEORY]

This is evident at the Dhaymoole site in Somaliland
9B59HY4.jpg

You're probably thinking, what;s that? looks like two /w/ and a drawing of two people. Well if you look closely you can see this:
almaqah.png

That is the symbol for Almaqah or አለመቀሀ

Almaqah was the main God for Yemen and Axum before abrahamic religions came about. Almaqah was the moon God, in relation to Shams the sun God.

This shows that at some point, Somalilanders worshipped Almaqah, but other Somalis and cushites worshipped Waaq, they may have turned back to waaqism after the collapse of these kingdoms and before Islam.

@ሕጊ።።

This is evident at the Dhaymoole site in Somaliland
View attachment 21880
You're probably thinking, what;s that? looks like two /w/ and a drawing of two people. Well if you look closely you can see this:
View attachment 21881
That is the symbol for Almaqah or አለመቀሀ

Almaqah was the main God for Yemen and Axum before abrahamic religions came about. Almaqah was the moon God, in relation to Shams the sun God.

This shows that at some point, Somalilanders worshipped Almaqah, but other Somalis and cushites worshipped Waaq, they may have turned back to waaqism after the collapse of these kingdoms and before Islam.

@ሕጊ።።
It does look similar to
wsimg.pl

ethiopia-yeha-8.jpg

I get you really want to differentiate b/w Somalis but all Somalis started in the north and moved south, lol @ Somalilanders and Somalis cmon sis.

Awkward

I get you really want to differentiate b/w Somalis but all Somalis started in the north and moved south, lol @ Somalilanders and Somalis cmon sis.

Awkward
She speaks the truth. Your booty-clapping is getting too much. kulaha Almaraq. What is that, the god of soups?:draketf::draketf::draketf:
If you can, use your eyes to read the title and the first post, it says theory, if you have a criticism then by all means respond, but if you're just going to bring up bootyclapping then:camby:

TooMacaan

VIP
So is that Almaqah/moon god symbol the origin of the same crescent symbol...that modern day Muslims continue to use on their Moseques and flags???
And if so, why are the Abrahamic religions (in general) still so heavily influenced by paganism?

So is that Almaqah/moon god symbol the origin of the same crescent symbol...that modern day Muslims continue to use on their Moseques and flags???
And if so, why are the Abrahamic religions (in general) still so heavily influenced by paganism?

Every culture in the world is influenced by "paganism"

Because they grew surrounded by pagan religions. The crescent is an unofficial symbol for Islam, it was used by the Turks
So you're telling me reer waaqoyi didn't believe in waaq :hmm:
Coastal Somalilanders and Djiboutians

TooMacaan

VIP
Every culture in the world is influenced by "paganism"
Yh, I expanded to include the two other main faiths (thus, Abrahamic) with the most influence but I'm wondering why it hasn't been filtered out yet...?
Especially by those who claim their sect (of whatever the religion) is most accurate, >to the extent of exiling other sects [who follow the same religion] as 'illegitimate', due to some minor differences in interpretation??

Yh, I expanded to include the two other main faiths (thus, Abrahamic) with the most influence but I'm wondering why it hasn't been filtered out yet...?
Especially by those who claim their sect (of whatever the religion) is most accurate, >to the extent of exiling other sects [who follow the same religion] as 'illegitimate', due to some minor differences in interpretation??

Because all things associated with paganism aren't bad. Islam isn't against "pagan" practices just immoral practices and shirk. People are allowed to keep their cultures, it's impossible
to get rid of "pagan practices" like the crescent moon isn't Islamic but it's not bad either it's just the moon lol.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Why couldn't they have worshipped them both throughout history. Waaq is also way more prevalent throughout Somali history and culture than this foreign god.

TooMacaan

VIP
Because all things associated with paganism aren't bad. Islam isn't against "pagan" practices just immoral practices and shirk. People are allowed to keep their cultures, it's impossible
to get rid of "pagan practices" like the crescent moon isn't Islamic but it's not bad either it's just the moon lol.
There are some stricter Christian sects which abstain from celebrating Easter, Christmas, don't wear the cross, etc due to the fact that its sourced in paganism. They consider any inclusion of pagan practices as a form of devil worship so I assumed there might be something similar in Islam I guess. Especially with not adopting the ways of the 'kafir'.
And yh, there's nothing wrong with a moon in and of itself but if it was on top of a Mosque and the origin clearly comes from a symbol used to worship a moon god, couldn't that be seen as a form of idol worship?? Since the moon symbol doesn't represent Allah?

There are some stricter Christian sects which abstain from celebrating Easter, Christmas, don't wear the cross, etc due to the fact that its sourced in paganism. They consider any inclusion of pagan practices as a form of devil worship so I assumed there might be something similar in Islam I guess. Especially with not adopting the ways of the 'kafir'.
And yh, there's nothing wrong with a moon in and of itself but if it was on top of a Mosque and the origin clearly comes from a symbol used to worship a moon god, couldn't that be seen as a form of idol worship?? Since the moon symbol doesn't represent Allah?

That's nonsensical though that's like saying people prayed inside buildings before the Quran was revealed so that makes masjids pagan. 'Pagans' used to pray at the kaba and keep their idols there, it doesn't mean anything.

and yeah a lot of Muslims are like that too I'm just answering for myself and the way I see it.

Trending

Latest posts