Somalis with Christian names

Was his name Daniel or Danyal/دانيال? The later is an Arabic name. Growing up there was a kid at my dugsi who had that name

Knew a kid named Mohamed John in elementary school 😂
The Islamic name is Yahya. John is a shortened version of what the Hebrews used to refer to as, Yohanan (originally the h here was ح). Through Latinization it became Ioannes. Then it became Iohannes, then the i turned into a j, thus Johannes with the Anglo-Saxons. Later they dropped pronouncing the h saying Johnnes (probably pronounced as Jones), and the rest is history when they cut out the rest and only left with John and h as silent. You still have Jones around in the Anglophone countries. For example, the UFC GOAT Jon Jones has two versions of the same name.

Johannes (articulated as Iohannes) exist in other Germanic-speaking countries. I know a Habash chick called Yohanna too. Hannah is another other feminine version of this.

I've meet to elder Somali men named Jackson because his parents were MJ fans and Salvatora because the dr that delivered him was Italian

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Yesterday I met a Somali man with the name Daniel before that I’ve met a Sabrina is this something new happening?
Christian? You do know that Daniel (pbuh) was a prophet of ours too? And Sabrina is also an Arabic name.

The one weird name I’ve seen was a xalimo named Esmeralda.