Somalis treating maids very poorly.

From Reddit

This is a video of a woman accusing a 16 year old maid of poisoning and robbing her. It's been making the rounds in social media and sadly is quite disturbing.

Now, we don't know the full details and maybe the accusations are true. The way she was talking to that poor kid was quite depressing though. Let alone the fact that the she was recording her whilst attacking her.

It is something I noticed living in Somaliland, the maids here are treated like proper slaves, they get a measly monthly salary as low as 50usd, they are yelled at, called names and treated quite badly. To the extent that now there is a shortage of maids since they are getting treated so badly they rather be jobless than get humiliated for 70usd.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
My cousins in kenya have a maid she does maid stuff then goes to her room

From Reddit

This is a video of a woman accusing a 16 year old maid of poisoning and robbing her. It's been making the rounds in social media and sadly is quite disturbing.

Now, we don't know the full details and maybe the accusations are true. The way she was talking to that poor kid was quite depressing though. Let alone the fact that the she was recording her whilst attacking her.

It is something I noticed living in Somaliland, the maids here are treated like proper slaves, they get a measly monthly salary as low as 50usd, they are yelled at, called names and treated quite badly. To the extent that now there is a shortage of maids since they are getting treated so badly they rather be jobless than get humiliated for 70usd.

I have a maid from kenya we treat her with respect. However having a maid in your house is complex. common issues with maids in the gulf stories of maids hurting kids or putting shit in food they're not always innocent.

GemState

36/21
VIP
Somalis sometimes get a power trip when dealing with maids, it's better to just see them as someone there to help out.

I never thought it was a Somali thing to mistreat maids. Sadly, i am wrong.

neither did I , when I went to Syria we had a Somali “maid” but we treated her like a family member . These people shouldn’t be treated like slaves but workers with rights

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
20210127_071102.jpg

She said I had sympathy with her but then I got to know she was midgaan, so do not defend her.

Recon Expert

cranking 90s 🥶
What's wrong with midgaans?
Nothing is wrong with them, we have Somalis with low intelligence who discriminate against them because of a fake origin stories they believe in and historically the nomads use to looked down on them because they use engage in skillful trades like shoe making.

:bell:

also the word midgaan is offensive

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
breaks my heart,

reminds me of my friend and her mom, when they went to visit their relative home in Somalia, while they were there, the maid brought everyone food and tea while everybody sat in the living room chatting. When the maid was done, she came in and sat on the ground. The relative took off her shoe and threw it at the maid yelling at her to go away degrading her in the process. My friend burst in to tears and ran out the house, she was shock and appalled at how her aunt treated that poor maid. Our people back home can sometimes be really cruel, I hope a union is formed that looks out and protects the rights of the less fortunate. We need solutions to this issue.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Somalis from Diaspora going back home will never do that tho. They have experience what Human rights is. In Somalia. people are lost in anaa Arabiia, following the example of their favorite role models., the arabs

Growing up, i was very close to our maid, in fact, an old somali woman visitor said something about our maid and i told on her. Our maid was more touched by my loyalty to her than getting mad at the old Somali woman. i remember she bought me fanta because of that. I was merely 8

Trending

Latest posts