Somalis that grew up during late 90's/early 2000s

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
How was your experience ??

I feel nostalgia wallahi, good old days, I've been considering that myself lately and it's wild to think we were so new to the country. We were far more tight knit.

I've also noticed a difference in the generation of Somalis that grew up in a stable Somalia and left right at the beginning or before the Civil War vs those who stayed and grew up with instability and left later

I have 1990s nostalgia mainly the music, fashion and tv. It was a rough unstable time, but fun and everything was fresh.

Where did you grow up?

I think those born in the late 1990s and early 2000s have done better academically and have better employment prospects. My generation haven’t faired too well.

How was your experience ??

I feel nostalgia wallahi, good old days, I've been considering that myself lately and it's wild to think we were so new to the country. We were far more tight knit.

I've also noticed a difference in the generation of Somalis that grew up in a stable Somalia and left right at the beginning or before the Civil War vs those who stayed and grew up with instability and left later
Great times growing up in the west in the 90s and early 2000s, things were a lot simpler but more fun. The music, the movies, and no weird Social media, You could dream and try to achieve it, nowadays that enthusiasm is gone.

I went back to Somalia in 2004 to look after my father, I had one of the best times ever. Mogadishu although it had its mooryaans, but it was so much fun. Walking to the beach, calling random landlines in the hope you would talk to a girl, great vibes. :russ:

The Al shabab destroyed that vibe in Mogadishu.

Trending