Somalis tend to be addicted to.....

Are we as a people addicted to fear and who spreads it the most based off your own experience

• Parents & Friends

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Social Media & Environment

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Friends & Environment

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Elders

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Fear and negativity. I've noticed that the diaspora tend to be very pessimistic. The pessimism can affect people in various ways. It could be about pursuing anything worth a damn like career, education, business, sports, arts, opposite genders and so on and so forth.
It could be about how we view ourselves as individuals and as a people.
Even I'm guilty of that. We all have come across fear dealers and most of have been fear dealers for reasons we don't understand.

Very interesting video by The Joe Rogan of Business Patrick Bet-David.
I wanna hear your experiences about this phenomena and your opinions about this thing

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
its more of a fear of how we are seen by our parents and or elders due to xisshood as u are supposed to behave in a modest and respectable manner in accordance with our islamic and cultural values and norms anybody found not following set rules and norms is fucked and its dishonoring the family and even heretical depending on how bad ur action was.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
You spent clothes money on crack huh
Lmao, nah. Just weed fam.

its more of a fear of how we are seen by our parents and or elders due to xisshood as u are supposed to behave in a modest and respectable manner in accordance with our islamic and cultural values and norms anybody found not following set rules and norms is fucked and its dishonoring the family and even heretical depending on how bad ur action was.
Fair enough, but what about things that takes you on a positive path that's not really popular or well-known to us?

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP

Fair enough, but what about things that takes you on a positive path that's not really popular or well-known to us?
Personally I see pessimism among the younger generations and not the older ones who are beyond deluded. I think that's due to being more self-aware and cultured than our older generation.

We are not like other societies, we are unique in our failure. This is the reality Somalis have yet to come to terms with. We failed as a people and our country. As long as we keep deluding ourselves instead of facing the consequences, there won't be any growth.

Personally I see pessimism among the younger generations and not the older ones who are beyond deluded. I think that's due to being more self-aware and cultured than our older generation.

We are not like other societies, we are unique in our failure. This is the reality Somalis have yet to come to terms with. We failed as a people and our country. As long as we keep deluding ourselves instead of facing the consequences, there won't be any growth.
speak for yourself sxb

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
speak for yourself sxb

tenor.gif

Octavian

Hmm
VIP

depends on what kind if path ur taking thoo but ur family and people who are close to u will support u but the larger community might have something to say again that depends on what kind of path ur taking

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
depends on what kind if path ur taking thoo but ur family and people who are close to u will support u but the larger community might have something to say again that depends on what kind of path ur taking
Something halal like cleaning windows as a side hustle or selling goods and whatnot.

But I agree with the point about the family. The family will support you when you stop bullshittin yourself and actually apply to the hustle.

However the community will hate on you until your shit gets poppin undeniably and then they start pocketwatching like some hoes. It's for that reason why it's hard to clock somalis who got dough from the broke niggas.
There's a british maah-maah for this "when you're in Rome, do as Romans do" or the hood somali quote "ya lagaa dareemin"

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Something halal like cleaning windows as a side hustle or selling goods and whatnot.

But I agree with the point about the family. The family will support you when you stop bullshittin yourself and actually apply to the hustle.

However the community will hate on you until your shit gets poppin undeniably and then they start pocketwatching like some ***s. It's for that reason why it's hard to clock somalis who got dough from the broke niggas.
There's a british maah-maah for this "when you're in Rome, do as Romans do" or the hood somali quote "ya lagaa dareemin"
than i would not worried about it niggas want ur money but as long as u hustle they will respect u eventually

Sol

?
Social media is the largest platform for fear mongering if your fine with the status quo you don't go outside shouting about why it's fine because you're already content. On the other hand if you hate how things are you will constantly be screaming about it which leads us to our current social media situation where the vast majority of content is negative. It also gives you access to like-minded individuals who will further reinforce your "facts". I honestly think social media has been such a huge negative to society and without regulation it will always be especially in the spread of misinformation :farmajoyaab:Mark my words twitter will be the downfall of the American experiment

Yeah I’ve noticed this too. It’s crabs in the bucket. I find those Somalis who don’t associate with other Somalis end up successful, but I don’t like them. They’re very white washed. When you’re goal oriented and ambitious, it’s definitely lonely. You don’t want to waste the precious time you have.

Friends and social media are huge distractions.

Some Somali's like to put down Somali people who have the potential to be successful youtubers, etc. This is why our country isn't a 1st world country because of people that are Somali and choose to work with the Al-Shabab.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Social media is the largest platform for fear mongering if your fine with the status quo you don't go outside shouting about why it's fine because you're already content. On the other hand if you hate how things are you will constantly be screaming about it which leads us to our current social media situation where the vast majority of content is negative. It also gives you access to like-minded individuals who will further reinforce your "facts". I honestly think social media has been such a huge negative to society and without regulation it will always be especially in the spread of misinformation :farmajoyaab:Mark my words twitter will be the downfall of the American experiment
I agree especially on the downfall part.
A person has to be conscious of what type of information he/she wants to consume. But then again it depends on if the person is woke enough to even want to better themselves.
Individuality in mainstream culture is a myth. Everyone wanna be unique but do the same shit. The programming runs deep in people.
Hot girl summer-mentality and the street nigga-mentality are good examples. Same thing goes with "murica-patriots" and lgbt-supporters and whatnot

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Yeah I’ve noticed this too. It’s crabs in the bucket. I find those Somalis who don’t associate with other Somalis end up successful, but I don’t like them. They’re very white washed. When you’re goal oriented and ambitious, it’s definitely lonely. You don’t want to waste the precious time you have.

Friends and social media are huge distractions.

I agree with you. I dont really f*ck with kinder bueno niggas either. However I can understand why they end up so. They dont have the charisma nor the intelligence to spot the potential talents in their communities and try to put them on game.
In other ethnicities people put eachother on game. Somalis dont, they think if they give some knowledge or insight, their business or position will be taken. The scarcity mindset is rife with our people. A symptom of being intelligent with no wisdom.
Wisdom is if your idea can be easily jacked, then its not really a good idea to begin with. Most egos can't handle being exposed to their flaws.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Some Somali's like to put down Somali people who have the potential to be successful youtubers, etc. This is why our country isn't a 1st world country because of people that are Somali and choose to work with the Al-Shabab.
That is true except for al-shabaab. We got plenty haters as expected.
We just need to have a thick skin and to accept there will always be haters out here.

Al-shabaab exists due to national poverty and petrodollars. There is nothing religious about these f-aggots

That is true except for al-shabaab. We got plenty haters as expected.
We just need to have a thick skin and to accept there will always be haters out here.

Al-shabaab exists due to national poverty and petrodollars. There is nothing religious about these f-aggots

I agree with some of the things you've mentioned, if Mohamed Siad Barre was alive today, which I doubt he would since he'd be 101, Somalia would've been the first country in Africa to be fully developed. We wouldn't have to literally beg European people who don't give two shits about us.

People would be coming to OUR country as tourists.

I agree with some of the things you've mentioned, if Mohamed Siad Barre was alive today, which I doubt he would since he'd be 101, Somalia would've been the first country in Africa to be fully developed. We wouldn't have to literally beg European people who don't give two shits about us.

People would be coming to OUR country as tourists.
MSB had his issues, but we had sharaf under his presidency. A functioning country. Free education, healthcare etc. People used to vacation in Somalia. Could you imagine? Somalia needs a dictator, not democracy. Cabsi ayee wax ku maqlaan.

Trending