Somalis should be traveling more

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not into Kpop so I didn’t go crazy, I was more awe struck by their skin care street and ended up getting bunch of sheet masks lol

@Factz thats a good list, and I did Bali honeymoon you won’t regret. Just don’t stay in ubud, go a little further to Amed it’s much nicer.

@TheShinning

People choose to stay different areas places they visit for different reasons and if you would’ve said don’t stay and avoid the city and the inner city areas like Kuta, Semanyak, Aruban and even Canggu, it’s understandable for love birds on a honeymoon or a family with young kids, but why avoid the cultural centre of Bali in a place like Ubud and prefer East Bali’s fishing villages like Amed? There is nothing to see there except a bunch of tourists in hotels. It is just like hiring a villa with a pool near the beach where you live. Sex, swim, sun and eat. Nothing to experience and see there.

I’m off to Bali next week and staying in Semanyak. Did you visit Kuta at night? How about Semanyak?

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
i recently travelled it was lovely. you get to experience the beauty of life. and different cultures/way of life.
Where did you go?

Are you into touristy things? Last time I was there, I went to the museum, library, Central Park, etc but this time I’m going to different boroughs and eat my way through all 5 :banderas:the only touristy thing I will be doing next month when I’m there is go see a play and go to the 9/11 memorial, since I didn’t get a chance to see it last time.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Im done with travelling for the past four years Ive been to Muqdisho, cabudwaaq, garowe,bosaso, kismayu, iceland, london, addis ababa, nairobi and germany

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
@TheShinning

People choose to stay different areas they visit for different reasons and if you would’ve said don’t stay and avoid the city and the inner city areas like Kuta, Semanyak, Aruban and even Canggu, it’s understandable for love birds on a honeymoon or a family with young kids, but why avoid the cultural centre of Bali in a place like Ubud and prefer East Bali’s fishing villages like Amed? There is nothing to see there except a bunch of tourists in hotels. It is just like hiring a villa with a pool near the beach where you live. Sex, swim, sun and eat. Nothing to experience and see there.

I’m off to Bali next week and staying in Semanyak. Did you visit Kuta at night? How about Semanyak?

I spent 3 nights in ubud, we didn’t enjoy it, it was too loud at night and by the third day we saw everything. I loved Amed, it’s not just a fishing village lol it was exactly what we needed. We had villa by the sea and swimming pool in our villa. We did snorkeling, jet-skiing, in house massages, etc without the chaos of ubud. Also another reason we didn’t like ubud was how the villas were built, I don’t care if you have swimming pool and everything else, if I can’t just relax on my balcony looking at nature, it’s a pass.

Semanyak is a party city, I didn’t enjoy ubud so I didn’t even try semanyak lol are you going with friends? I suppose if you going with friends and want to party at night on the beach it’s the place to be but if you want to relax and are on your honeymoon I wouldn’t advice it.

Btw we met a lot of Australians Bali is to you guys what Mexico/Puerto Rico is to us lol

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Where did you go?

Are you into touristy things? Last time I was there, I went to the museum, library, Central Park, etc but this time I’m going to different boroughs and eat my way through all 5 :banderas:the only touristy thing I will be doing next month when I’m there is go see a play and go to the 9/11 memorial, since I didn’t get a chance to see it last time.

Not really into touristy stuff, but I will probably hit up central park

Ugaaso

Deni
I've traveled to a lot of places with my mom. Inshallah, this summer we're headed to Malaysia, Nairobi, Garowe and Bardhere.

I spent 3 nights in ubud, we didn’t enjoy it, it was too loud at night and by the third day we saw everything. I loved Amed, it’s not just a fishing village lol it was exactly what we needed. We had villa by the sea and swimming pool in our villa. We did snorkeling, jet-skiing, in house massages, etc without the chaos of ubud. Also another reason we didn’t like ubud was how the villas were built, I don’t care if you have swimming pool and everything else, if I can’t just relax on my balcony looking at nature, it’s a pass.

Semanyak is a party city, I didn’t enjoy ubud so I didn’t even try semanyak lol are you going with friends? I suppose if you going with friends and want to party at night on the beach it’s the place to be but if you want to relax and are on your honeymoon I wouldn’t advice it.

Btw we met a lot of Australians Bali is to you guys what Mexico/Puerto Rico is to us lol

@TheShinning

Besides Papua New Guinea, Indonesia is the closest country to Australia, it is much closer than New Zealand and that is why the majority of the Western tourists in Bali are from Australia. It is very cheap to travel there and it would cost less to travel to Bali than some parts of Australia and spend 10 days renting a hotel room plus other expenses. I'm going with a couple of friends and staying in a apartment owned by the uncle (a retiree there) of one of my travelling group. The uncle and his wife come here for medical check ups every year. From Bali, we are going to The Gili Islands chasing some surf, sand and sun. What I like about Bali is that every day of the week, 365 days a year, it is like the Spring Break as the Americans call it. Xaaaaax

I noticed Somali people don’t travel much, and when they do travel they don’t go out of their comfort zone, they will go where they have families. @R.Kelly going to London and staying at uncles spare room is not traveling :childplease:

When I was in Bali last year, I even saw Ethiopian couple lol get your travel up guys.
Wallahi if you paying I’m packing my suitcase :chrisfreshhah:

And why should someone let a whole group of people travel more? Like as if that’s in anyway shape or form helpful. I do see a difference between traveling and do vacations, the latter being to rejuvenate and relax but traveling for sake of traveling, nah bruh! I don’t wast money on that. :camby:

Many reasons why people don’t travel. Finances, taboo if you travel alone as a unmarried woman, don’t have luxury of time if you’re still studying or working. Some people may not even like travelling! Point is, I feel like people who travel often have a holier than you vibe, and look down on others who aren’t jumping from country to country. It’s your life at the end of the day, live it however you wish. Travelling is a luxury for many ppl, even when you take into account Airbnb and cheap flights.

She was cadaan. Imagine being a Muslim women of colour travelling alone in a society that’s becoming islamophobic?
In know and I pray for the diaspora. Sadly this world is not a safe place for women to travel alone. Just stuck to public places even if you are a man.

This is pretty tragic, these cadaan women need to learn you can’t travel a lone. The amount of white chicks I see backpacking by themselves is ridiculous.
Exactly. No woman should travel alone in a foreign country. Especially going to secluded areas with no one else around can result in you being killed.

Reborn
I solo traveled across South East Asia for 7 weeks earlier this year.I had great time so much so that it made me consider my future career choices :diddyass:.

Countries I've visited

UK
Holland
France
Canada
Somaliland
China
Vietnam
Cambodia
Malaysia
Singapore

Countries I will visit within the next 6 months Inshallah