Somalis should be traveling more

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Currently I just go to uni. I work during summers and save up as much as I can; I only buy necessities and don’t indulge in luxuries. You have to be economically savvy sxb :mjohreally:

Besides my parents are not comfortable with me working whilst I study. I always get high grades and they are afraid that working might affect my grades.
I guess that’s a good thing, maybe you can work part time and prove your parents it won’t affect your grades. I just don’t think it’s good idea not to be working while you’re in college, heck I worked at Macy’s when I was in high school. You kids nowadays are too spoiled lol

NotMyL

VIP
I’m going to Alanya, Turkey in July with the fam. I’m really excited because i love Turkey and ofcourse mom is going to pay for it all :russ:
She even got me a seperate room :salute:
That’s good, but why Alanya over Istanbul? Or you’re visiting both?

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
:mjhaps:Speak for yourself, I was in LA in December and I will be in
New York next week:diddyass:

This was my perception too, I really think most of them don’t travel because they think it’s expensive. Unless @SilverL is talking about girls traveling alone then I can see that being taboo.

Lol waarya my husband is not a truck driver, not that there is anything wrong with being one, I heard they make really good money.

We take two big trips every year!
I meant taboo to travel to luxury places like the Caribbean’s or Bali. Somalis will only travel where other Somalis travel and where they can stay with a relative like you said . I guess a better way to describe it is they don’t like leaving the comfort zone

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
That’s good, but why Alanya over Istanbul? Or you’re visiting both?
We have already visited instanbul 2014 and we wanted to visit somewhere else this time. Instanbul was nice but i wanted that beach and cozy feeling, instanbul is just too fast paced and also packed with alot of tourists.

NotMyL

VIP
:mjhaps:Speak for yourself, I was in LA in December and I will be in
New York next week:diddyass:

Lol that’s nice but try overseas sometime, where they speak different language and eat different food. Btw I will be in NYC next month. I’m dying to try this snickerdoodle from Citycake, last time I was there the line was so long I had to leave.

NotMyL

VIP
We have already visited instanbul 2014 and we wanted to visit somewhere else this time. Instanbul was nice but i wanted that beach and cozy feeling, instanbul is just too fast paced and also packed with alot of tourists.
Yeah I know what you mean, if you already seen it I guess it’s better to visit other parts of the country. We are doing that when we go back to France, we going to stay away from Paris as hard as that will be lol

Do you guys take family trips every year? Take advantage of those free trips. I remember I missed out on couple when I started working and thought I was too cool to go on to family trip and just wanted to hang with friends and work at the mall lol

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Is it really a taboo to travel in the Somali community? I have been fortunate enough where my family took us on family vacation every summer and when I grew up I started traveling with my sisters/girl friends and I now travel with my husband.

I really thought they don’t travel because they think it’s too expensive. I found my uncle 120 dollar flight the other day to Houston and he was shocked lol he told me he just drove there couple of times and never thought to fly because he assumed it was too expensive plus he didn’t want to deal with airports lol
I use to go on vacation with my family every summer as well. I think it has more to do with means than it being taboo.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Yeah I know what you mean, if you already seen it I guess it’s better to visit other parts of the country. We are doing that when we go back to France, we going to stay away from Paris as hard as that will be lol

Do you guys take family trips every year? Take advantage of those free trips. I remember I missed out on couple when I started working and thought I was too cool to go on to family trip and just wanted to hang with friends and work at the mall lol
We travel like every other year if possible, I really love going with my fam not only that’s it’s free but also i love spending time with my family. I have travelled to dubai two times alone in 2018 and honestly i would have enjoyed more if i had my family with me.

If we can’t travel far we go on cruises to nearby countries like germany, norway or denmark.

Lol that’s nice but try overseas sometime, where they speak different language and eat different food. Btw I will be in NYC next month. I’m dying to try this snickerdoodle from Citycake, last time I was there the line was so long I had to leave.
haye basra ye waxaas ka maqlin otherwise she’ll come in here like “cough cough...shinning.. you will be dying soon from the excessive food intake...the line safed your life...cough cough” :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

NotMyL

VIP
We travel like every other year if possible, I really love going with my fam not only that’s it’s free but also i love spending time with my family. I have travelled to dubai two times alone in 2018 and honestly i would have enjoyed more if i had my family with me.

If we can’t travel far we go on cruises to nearby countries like germany, norway or denmark.

Aww that’s sweet, I know being a teenager and spending quality time with your family is a big thing lol that’s when we usually rather be with friends but you’re smart one.
haye basra ye waxaas ka maqlin otherwise she’ll come in here like “cough cough...shinning.. you will be dying soon from the excessive food intake...the line safed your life...cough cough” :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:
Lool I think @Basra is off my back after I showed her my hands and proved to her I’m not fat lol I love to eat and I count on my metabolism to do the job for me, it’s hasnt let me down yet lol

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Aww that’s sweet, I know being a teenager and spending quality time with your family is a big thing lol that’s when we usually rather be with friends but you’re smart one.
I’m thinking about visiting seoul in 2020 :banderas:i need to find some kpop xalimos to exploit under my travel

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
I want to travel but not alone. All my friends too poor to come with me...

Trust I've traveled alone stayed in hostels all over it's an adventure that's scary at first but then the most fun. You meet a whole bunch of people from everywhere...

Its all about experiencing as much as possible don't restrict yourself

NotMyL

VIP
I’m thinking about visiting seoul in 2020 :banderas:i need to find some kpop xalimos to exploit under my travel
I was in Seoul last year, it was pretty awesome. If you go, stay around university hongik area that’s their Time Square lol

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NotMyL

VIP
Trust I've traveled alone stayed in hostels all over it's an adventure that's scary at first but then the most fun. You meet a whole bunch of people from everywhere...

Its all about experiencing as much as possible don't restrict yourself
I guess if you’re dude, you have that luxury as a woman I can’t even think about traveling on my own or advice any woman to do that

NotMyL

VIP
btw is it expensive? i should start saving money now
It’s not really expensive, whenever I travel I just have MN prices in my head so in that sense it’s not expensive. So I guess it would depend on where you are coming from, I think it’s less expensive than the states and more expensive than South Asia. Like Bali was so cheap it was ridiculous lol

And I’m a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.