Somalis residing in Egypt, how is the country overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst thing about Egypt are the people. You'll never meet a sane Egyptian they are always on the extreme end of the spectrum. Liberal,religious, nationalist etc... Crime is rampant in poor and low-middle class areas (95% of the country) murder, assault, rape, theft are on daily occurrence and somewhat tolerated by police. Local hijabi Muslim woman has grown accustomed to sexual harassment waaba local tradition in metropolitan areas to flirt and hit-on walking women, with or without Hijab is a fair game.

Never knew Egypt was this trashy, I really wanted to see the Sphinx up close
19f.4604

They treat tourists with respect as they contribute to their livelihood, now even more than ever as they face economic slowdown. Average Egyptian is taught from young age to respect and overcharge foreigners. You will be fine as long as you haggle. :axvmm9o:

I've lived in Egypt for 9 years and occasionally go back to see family, let's just say the men are the biggest pervs I've ever come across . They will catcall every women on the street. Egyptian women are even creating their own taxi just for women because of sexual harassment.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I've lived in Egypt for 9 years and occasionally go back to see family, let's just say the men are the biggest pervs I've ever come across . They will catcall every women on the street. Egyptian women are even creating their own taxi just for women because of sexual harassment.

Thats terrible..:farole:

I have never lived in Egypt, but I lived in Damascus, Syria for a year in my teens and people were very respectful there of women.

Not to mention the country was extremely clean and beautiful.:banderas:

And if they found out you were American, you became a celebrity:siilaanyolaugh:

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Thats terrible..:farole:

I have never lived in Egypt, but I lived in Damascus, Syria for a year in my teens and people were very respectful there of women.

Not to mention the country was extremely clean and beautiful.:banderas:

And if they found out you were American, you became a celebrity:siilaanyolaugh:
I heard Syria was very secular. Were people oppressed by the gov ? It's sad to see how an ancient country is destroyed by the civil war

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I heard Syria was very secular. Were people oppressed by the gov ? It's sad to see how an ancient country is destroyed by the civil war

People there were very afraid of the government, and treated mentioning the presidents name in public like Harry Potter characters treat saying Voldemort in public:gucciwhat:

Definitely not secular as you had Quran taught in public schools, I should know as I attended 7th grade there.:diddyass:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending