Somalis on Twitter aren't playing.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
smirk drinking GIF

I hate the fact the government can penalise you for online comments but a win is a win

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
I feel conflicted.

As a Somali this is a win, but as a person with common sense how can anyone justify a person being arrested over comments they made on the internet?

@AbdiFreedom I'd be interested in hearing your perspective on this.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ #DefundUN
Staff Member
I feel conflicted.

As a Somali this is a win, but as a person with common sense how can anyone justify a person being arrested over comments they made on the internet?

They target people you don't agree with today and then target you tomorrow for saying something similiar about Israel or Hinduism for example. This is why free speech must be absolutely protected. Besides, saying Somalia is a shithole is not hate speech. It is a shithole. So now we can be charged for hate speech in Germany and likely other countries in the future for saying something that is truthful but also only a mildly hurtful comment. What else can be labelled as hate speech then?

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
They target people you don't agree with today and then target you tomorrow for saying something similiar about Israel or Hinduism for example. This is why free speech must be absolutely protected. Besides, saying Somalia is a shithole is not hate speech. It is a shithole. So now we can be charged for hate speech in Germany and likely other countries in the future for saying something that is truthful but also only a mildly hurtful comment. What else can be labelled as hate speech then?
I agree we shouldn't be so short sighted that we agree with things that will just bite us back in the future.

We shouldn't by any stretch normalise or justify hate speech towards us because it always leads to dehumanisation (and eventually attacks). Take notes from the yahuuud, they nearly ended Ilhan Omar's career because of her comments towards them

I feel conflicted.

Shhhh a racist white boy just got hold account A WIN IS A WIN ๐Ÿฅณ (poc privillege at its finest)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Somalia is not a shithole. Millions of people live there. There are people who work there, do business, and send children to school. While the rest of the stable African nations borrow billions of USD from China to build a port, Somalis in Puntland built a port in Garacad town without a single US dollar in debt. There are roads, small lakes, and dams being built. Hormuud is one of the leading telecommunication companies in Africa. There is an endless conflict, but Somalia is slowly rising.