Somalis need an image renewal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somalis have lost their ways in many ways. One things Somalis have lost over the years is their looks. Somalis looked better in the past than today. The nomadic Somali who lives on a diet free from processed foods especially grains looks better than Somali urban dwellers. War, famine and poor nutritional choices of those who have access to food over the years has destroyed the Somali aesthetic appeal. It will take a generation or two to recapture the noble healthy Somali look.

Somalis also culturally lost there ways. The culture is slowly being Arabized under the cloak of Wahhabi Islam and we are losing our tradition.

Compare modern day Somalis to Afars. Afars are generally better looking, more robust, look healthier and happier. For some odd reasons, Somali males no longer in the West and home, no longer grow their hair whether afro or wavy hair long. Instead these guys in the West with a naturally high hairline(Surprisingly Somalis have good hairline but tad high) are getting hairline lined up, thus pushing their hairline back and making their head/forehead bigger. No Somali should get their hairline lined unless they have a low hairline.
Women, where do I start? Stop the bleaching firstly. Black/Brown is a godsend. Black/Brown skin age the best and looks amazing under the sun. Black skin was meant to shine under the radiant skin, stop abusing your skin. Hair, enough with the self-hate and the relaxing of hair, instead braid your hair or let the natural afro grow. The modern day Somali women whether in Africa or the West is so light and has her hair straighten, most people would mistake them for northern Indian.

People are judged on their celebrities’ not average people. Asian people are compared to K/J pop stars, Black people compared to rappers/athlete and whites to movie stars and musicians. So Somali media need to choose those who represent wisely. And people react to the average Somali by using their celebrities as a benchmark, even if they don’t fit the following critrea it doesn’t matter as the brainwashing has been already done lol

For males,
5’11 or above
Lean/Muscular not hulky
Prefect Hairline/NW1
Hair texture doesn’t matter
No buck teeth
And healthy development

For females
5’7 and above
Curvy
Thick natural hair(Texture is doesn’t matter)
No skin lighting
And healthy development

Healthy Somali Males that should represent us
image.php

Untitled.png

Sk2.png

SK3.png

onlf.jpg

2mr7gpw.jpg

Huh? Do you have any valid criticism or points to raise?

Do you understand the power of media and perception? White people average on aren’t good looking (No one is really) yet they are most desired and treated well due to their media and people’s perception of them. Majority of your life experiences outside your native country is going to be based on images people receive from your home land. The better images and media perception, the better you will be treated aboard.
We are visual creatures, and people make 90% of their judgements about you in the first second they met you.

Soft power is a real thing

29e17yu.jpg

attachment.php

More Somalis need to enter the lifting game. They shouldn't look to gain mass but LEAN QUALITY MUSCLE. Too many cats "fat" bulk and if anything end up worse lol

This is like the golden standard

Getting images from google won't make you feel any better about yourself. I admit they all have unique looks, but that's the whole point, they ain't trying to be someone else.

Thatsomaligirl

Loves milk is lactose intolerant, kill me
Women, where do I start? Stop the bleaching firstly. Black/Brown is a godsend. Black/Brown skin age the best and looks amazing under the sun. Black skin was meant to shine under the radiant skin, stop abusing your skin. Hair, enough with the self-hate and the relaxing of hair,
I'm on you with this, shits getting ridiculous here in Europe, like some habaryars I have seen have really light face with really dark hands like she's wearing gloves :faysalwtf::deadosama:

Thatsomaligirl

Loves milk is lactose intolerant, kill me
29e17yu.jpg

attachment.php

More Somalis need to enter the lifting game. They shouldn't look to gain mass but LEAN QUALITY MUSCLE. Too many cats "fat" bulk and if anything end up worse lol

This is like the golden standard
That's just going too far :damsel:

Somalia does need a better international reputation and image. But that would require Somalis to produce quality films, music videos, and songs that could appeal to non-Somalis and to be aware enough to choose the right men and women to represent us as a people. But Somalis tend to favour a look that lack international appeal (overweight, unhealthy bodies, too pale/bleached skin, horrendous makeup and clothing styles, etc). So I don't think this is possible just yet.

Sheeko was a Somali British fashion magazine that seemed to do a good job but, sadly, it didn't last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts