Somalis moving to turkey ?

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
I actually have an uncle moving his kids from London to Turkey because “they teach kids gay stuff at school“

he is is an Uber driver I’ve been wondering how he can afford this, besides people all over the world want to live in Europe and he’s taking his kids to a place that will ruin their education
Ain't only that family. Many Somalis are leaving the UK, Norway and other places to move to Asia/Africa. There is a sizeable Somali community in Malaysia now, something that wasn't here a year ago. Even Singapore, more Somali students are becoming like me, live in Malaysia, study in Singapore. I remember many other Somalis who are on Universal Credit or Taxi drivers moving their whole family to Kenya/Somalia. One Hagbad and bang, they move.

Mostly like a combo of Savings, a hagbad and a side hustle/Benefits + a job like UBER

But honestly, UK is going backwards with this teaching at this time. PSHE and LGBT are two different things. Long gone the days you can opt out, now they force you.

I’ve been there twice for the past 2 years. Can’t get enough of it. So many awesome activities to do and it costs next to nothing. Their money is on free fall against the dollar.

The cost of living is super cheap. Their infrastructure is to bars with Canada’s. People have no racist bone in them. They don’t look at you. They are polite and helpful. They just want to do business with you. The Adhan goes off in a civilized way. They don’t all call the Adhan at the same time. They that organized. At the same time many of them are so westernized. A hijabi would be walking next to a chick with skirt.

They have the most awesome parks for families or otherwise. It is next to the ocean.
you can take a boat ride every evening just to have a moment with nature. The city is buzzing with 15m people.

if you are taking your kids with you over there their schools only teach in Turkish. That’s the negative side
Asc @Grigori Rasputin how have you been sxb

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
Ain't only that family. Many Somalis are leaving the UK, Norway and other places to move to Asia/Africa. There is a sizeable Somali community in Malaysia now, something that wasn't here a year ago. Even Singapore, more Somali students are becoming like me, live in Malaysia, study in Singapore. I remember many other Somalis who are on Universal Credit or Taxi drivers moving their whole family to Kenya/Somalia. One Hagbad and bang, they move.

Mostly like a combo of Savings, a hagbad and a side hustle/Benefits + a job like UBER

But honestly, UK is going backwards with this teaching at this time. PSHE and LGBT are two different things. Long gone the days you can opt out, now they force you.
what kinda small business oppurtunities exist there in Malaysia that can generate livable income for a family of four akhi

Apollo

VIP
Turks are seen as the Mexicans of Europe, somewhat similar to Poles.

It is a downgrade to move from the West to Anatolia.

Unless of course you are extremely religious, but even then, a huge number of Turks are only nominal Muslims (in name only) and are Westernized. You also won't escape racism, because obviously Turks and Somalis look nothing a like and they will never accept you as one of their own. They are even being racist to the huge number of Syrian Arabs who recently moved in.

If you want to live outside of the West and avoid Islamophobia, racism, and live in a conservative religious environment, then Arab countries are slightly better.

well I respect but still think the west is best, the best education institutions and stability, there won’t ever be poverty in Western Europe

Apollo

VIP
People have no racist bone in them. They don’t look at you. They are polite and helpful. They just want to do business with you.

There is a huge difference between experiencing a country as a tourist (people will be nice to you) then as a long term resident local.

There is racism everywhere and the longer you are in a place, you will notice it more.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
Turkey is a great place to enjoy your holiday but living there would be too much for me I rather live in UAE where I can easily blend in I’d feel more comfortable knowing I don’t need to learn a new language especially if I have kids studying there.

GemState

36/21
VIP
It's really really cheap, and you can have a good quality of life compared to what Somalis can have in the West. It's a secular Muslim country, so the best of both worlds basically in that regard.

The downside is you need to learn Turkish

Jungle

VIP
Maryooley think the small percentage of turks that care about the somali relationship is their whole population. They honestly couldnt give 2 fucks about all of you and theyve got their flag up at our airport. Id rather go somewhere somalis have established themselves for a couple decades.

None of you come into contact with turks in the west lol

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Maryooley think the small percentage of turks that care about the somali relationship is their whole population. They honestly couldnt give 2 fucks about all of you and theyve got their flag up at our airport. Id rather go somewhere somalis have established themselves for a couple decades.

None of you come into contact with turks in the west lol

They nasty aren’t they .

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
There is a huge difference between experiencing a country as a tourist (people will be nice to you) then as a long term resident local.

There is racism everywhere and the longer you are in a place, you will notice it more.

I failed in my assessment :jcoleno:

go ahead finish me off

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Turkey is a blessed country, with a booming economy but with less degeneracy.

Cheap real estate, beautiful women, great food and hospitality of the people.

Istanbul is a true pearl!

I might move there myself. Aproximately 2 million people in Turkey today have Bosniak descent.

My cousin in his late 30's bought a house and moved there back in 2015. Stayed there for a while and came back for work.

I think a lot of people are moving there, but it's more of a fad that will blow over. Might be the new spot for Somalis with weak passports. They grant you residency upon purchasing property.

True its also makes it easier to bring in family members from Somalia.

Last edited:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Nope, I'm all good , I don't have any plans to leave where I am, few friends of mine are calling me from Ankara informing me of their newly adjusted homes, I'm happy for them although they complain about the language barrier and snow lol .