Somalis in the diaspora: nation of low self-esteem!

Madd

Maddd!!!!!
The quran is very explicit, if your a mumin you will consider other believers as "blood brothers"

Surely all believers are brothers. So make peace between brothers, and fear Allah that mercy may be shown to you (49:10)

The verse is talking about Mumin not Muslim, Muslim is just the first stage of belief were faith hasn't yet penetrated your heart.

It's actually a litmus test for you to know if you have reached the stage of being a Mumin or if your still just a Muslim, the 3 stages are Muslim, Mumin, Muhsin.

There is no doubt that we have no unity today, but this noble quranic term should never be used in such a careless way were it can be perceived by others as 'mocking'.

I see this all the time on her with comments like "meh ummah" in a derogatory way by many, this is really an attack against Islam disguised as criticism towards Arab's or Asian's, and I see this mainly with Somali's and to some extent AA's

How ironic that we happen to be the only homogeneous group of all the Muslims today who continue to slaughter each other over qabiil which even the infidels don't do.

We should be the last people to get offended by the hypocrisy of others using the term "ummah" to mean there own racial groups.

I don't even blame those confused salafists Arab wannabe's unless they are off the qabiilist hypocrite types.

Because who would want to be part of a group of abject losers who are the lowest of the low in every conceivable metric for several decades as a nation? and now also the lowest of the low in the diaspora too?

You have to be a very strong person to still maintain a high collective self-esteem in such dire circumstances when even the educated and wadaad class among you is rotten to the core.

The majority of people want to be part of the winning team, and if they happen to be on the losing side you will see the manifestations of self-hate and low-self esteem that @Finesse outlined.

"And verily this Ummah of yours is one Ummah and I am your Lord and Cherisher, therefore fear Me and no other." (Quran 23:52)"
a top notch post. :salute:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
I
GROUP 1: BLACK POWER GANG

Affiliating with people because of skin-tone instead of facts: cultural/ethnic similaries:

As if "Black" means anything beyond a vague physical description!

They have nothing to say about how "BLACK" people abused and isolated Somalis in the diaspora. They like to listen to hip hop, sag their pants and pretend that they are from the "Ghetto" and are struggling.
Chosen Career: Mixtape artist/ groupies/criminals?

GROUP 2: We are from the UMMAH: Salafis who call themselves Umu/Abu and name their children obscure Arabic names. They think being Somali is a crime and that we should all act like lost Arabs.
Chosen Career: "Interest money is haram, I cannot go to university, so I will claim benefits or live off my mother's wages".

GROUP 3: "Somalis are the most beautiful, you other Africans are SOOO UGLY" , they troll and bully other people online and make Somalis look like terrible racists among Africans.
Chosen Career: Internet troll

GROUP 4: "HOOYO MA TAALO aka Reer: I DON'T SPEAK AF-SOMALI"
... EURO wannabes who are ashamed of speaking their mother tongue and think anything to do with Somalinimo is embarrassing.
Chosen Career: Usually educated but only superficially, culturally/spiritually confused.

GROUP 5: SOMALI MEN ARE SOOO UGLY, SOMALI WOMEN ARE BEAUTIFUL, FOREIGN MEN, PLEASE LOOK AT ME AND MARRY ME WITHOUT MEHER".

Chosen Career: Educated but full-time Social Media attention seeker: will put a Somali flag on her social media handles and tweet all sorts of provocative and self-hating messages.

First of all on behalf of all qurbajoogta (anywhere outside Somalia) ,
there are some individuals in this forum that fit these criterias , the analysis you provided and these descriptions you've aforementioned are accurate but lack several consistency despite not fully explaining in depth.

But I salute you for it :salute:

This thread alone should be pinned like the other platinum threads

Can you elaborate even further as there are also several things and points
I've noticed about Diasporans but maybe I'm just speculating things and aren't what they seem to be .

I'd also conclude this , from experience thay I've personally encountered with fellow Somalis

Somalis are also becoming whitewashed , brainwashed and spiritually low , perhaps this is no different from what you have stated , it's self explanatory that we also suffer from a form of colourism , being born as a dark skin is a curse among Somalis regardless of genders , they are often ridiculed and bullied to lighten their skin textures , peer pressures from their friends and families
They are often encouraged to apply lotions with cancerous elements that are capable of permanently causing life threatening situations in the future

It's feasible enough why the current term "madoobe" "dhuxulow" "aw mugdi" even Madowow used as slurs to psychically and mentally demean you

If this isn't self hatred , then I'm lost for words

I could list trillions of traits and their impact of undermining among our people , but I don't want skeptics to label me as a Somalophobe since I've discovered some people do take my words and probably see it as offensive despite highlighting what's really going on

:stressed:

If you are a muslim then obey everything in the quran if the quran says all believers are brothers then you obey you do not question my brother.
i will question and i can question u cant tell me not to question thinks
and some 1.8billion that i dont know and are stranger i dont trust strangers nor do i trust someone tht i share religion with

i will question and i can question u cant tell me not to question thinks
and some 1.8billion that i dont know and are stranger i dont trust strangers nor do i trust someone tht i share religion with
I never said trust a person I said if you are muslim then should believe in everything that is written there.

I never said trust a person I said if you are muslim then should believe in everything that is written there.
I know that
I agree with every single point you made except the first one. What's wrong with identifying as black? You're description is way off, I rarely listen to hiphop, sag my pants or pretend I'm from the ghetto. We go through the same struggles as all darksin ppl of subsaharan descent wether you accept it or not.

"They have nothing to say about how "BLACK" people abused and isolated Somalis"

This has never happened where I'm from. Somalis are firmly embedded into the greater black community and things have always been guuci.

UK Somalis really think their experiences of getting bullied is universal kkk foh
Black is skin Color doesnt make same people and btw Somalis Come in diferent color same goes to african americas
Just cuz Brown sekin doesnt make me african american or aboriginaali Australia or latino or india
Human body is made of diferent colors
Like you bonus are white and your tongue is Red and in side you mouth Red and your teeths are white

VIP
I know that

Black is skin Color doesnt make same people and btw Somalis Come in diferent color same goes to african americas
Just cuz Brown sekin doesnt make me african american or aboriginaali Australia or latino or india
Human body is made of diferent colors
Like you bonus are white and your tongue is Red and in side you mouth Red and your teeths are white

Nigga wut

Who said it makes us the same ppl? I dont know about the rest of you demented niggas but im closer to someone who shares my skin colour than ones who dont

Nigga wut

Who said it makes us the same ppl? I dont know about the rest of you demented fucks but im closer to someone who shares my skin colour than ones who dont
Then by your logic you are closer to Indians and asians that have dark skin like Indonesi people and All other people that have dark skin that are not from africa
If you say no then You are pure hypocrite

VIP
Then by your logic you are closer to Indians and asians that have dark skin like Indonesi people and All other people that have dark skin that are not from africa
If you say no then You are pure hypocrite

Put skin colour to the side for a sec, have you ever seen an indian or Indonesian with an afro? I can name you tons of features we share with other black ppl but little to none with these other folks you named. Our dark skin isn't even the same type as the ones from the Indian subcontinent. Not my fault you don't notice it.

Put skin colour to the side for a sec, have you ever seen an indian or Indonesian with an afro? I can name you tons of features we share with other black ppl but little to none with these other folks you named. Our dark skin isn't even the same type as the ones from the Indian subcontinent. Not my fault you don't notice it.
There's melenesians that have afro and they dont share dna with west africa or East africa hair texture doesnt make the same people example the khoisans have napy hair and they dont share dna with Bantu that have napy hair
Same goes softa hair people
Just like Indians and mongoloids and native american Australia aboriginals
Europeans they All have soft yet they dont dna
Hair texture doesnt make you and afro american the same

I think you are hypocrite
Just Admit it
:farmajoyaab:

VIP
There's melenesians that have afro and they dont share dna with west africa or East africa hair texture doesnt make the same people example the khoisans have napy hair and they dont share dna with Bantu that have napy hair
Same goes softa hair people
Just like Indians and mongoloids and native american Australia aboriginals
Europeans they All have soft yet they dont dna
Hair texture doesnt make you and afro american the same

I think you are hypocrite
Just Admit it
:farmajoyaab:

Stay in denial, my G.

Trending