Somalis in the diaspora: nation of low self-esteem!

GROUP 1: BLACK POWER GANG

Affiliating with people because of skin-tone instead of facts: cultural/ethnic similaries:

As if "Black" means anything beyond a vague physical description!

They have nothing to say about how "BLACK" people abused and isolated Somalis in the diaspora. They like to listen to hip hop, sag their pants and pretend that they are from the "Ghetto" and are struggling.
Chosen Career: Mixtape artist/ groupies/criminals?

GROUP 2: We are from the UMMAH: Salafis who call themselves Umu/Abu and name their children obscure Arabic names. They think being Somali is a crime and that we should all act like lost Arabs.
Chosen Career: "Interest money is haram, I cannot go to university, so I will claim benefits or live off my mother's wages".

GROUP 3: "Somalis are the most beautiful, you other Africans are SOOO UGLY" , they troll and bully other people online and make Somalis look like terrible racists among Africans.
Chosen Career: Internet troll

GROUP 4: "HOOYO MA TAALO aka Reer: I DON'T SPEAK AF-SOMALI"
... EURO wannabes who are ashamed of speaking their mother tongue and think anything to do with Somalinimo is embarrassing.
Chosen Career: Usually educated but only superficially, culturally/spiritually confused.

GROUP 5: SOMALI MEN ARE SOOO UGLY, SOMALI WOMEN ARE BEAUTIFUL, FOREIGN MEN, PLEASE LOOK AT ME AND MARRY ME WITHOUT MEHER".

Chosen Career: Educated but full-time Social Media attention seeker: will put a Somali flag on her social media handles and tweet all sorts of provocative and self-hating messages.

Last edited:
No matter where you go or who you marry, you will always be a Somali.
Don't pride yourself on your features, pride yourself on your DEEN and your conduct.

Finally, nobody will EVER respect you, if you don't respect yourself!

Yourself: your religion, your ethnic identity.

I 100% agree, very good thread.

These groups are only prevalent in the diaspora, majority of Somalis I know back home don't have these issues.

Stop being mad, retard
Stay mad kid,
upload_2020-2-20_10-49-33.jpeg

psyche

To each their own
Nice generalisation there mate.

admittedly, I do agree with some parts of this thread but there is sooo much things you could of done to deliver the message better.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I've seen all but group 4. Never met a person who was afraid of speaking Somali because they're a wannabe.

Your mocking the religion with the use of "Ummah" in such a context.

Allah commands this in the quran explicitly several times, we don't abandon or mock it just because the overwhelming majority today are scum.

Your description on the salafis otherwise is spot on, they are by far the worst group out of all because the others have the excuse of ignorance.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Your mocking the religion with the use of "Ummah" in such a context.

Allah commands this in the quran explicitly several times, we don't abandon or mock it just because the overwhelming majority today are scum.

Your description on the salafis otherwise is spot on, they are by far the worst group out of all because the others have the excuse of ignorance.
The Ummah exists but under an Islamic Rule with a Wadad unifying the ppl. There is no Ummah without the Word of Allah swt being implemented

Trending