Somalis held prisoner in Seychelles returned to Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etacovda S'lived

תחיה מדינת ישראל
They should’ve been kept in jails in Seychelles and Ethiopia, even if the reasons are a bit questionable. Somalia lacks the infrastructure or government institutions to accept these folks and integrate them back into society. In addition, they just lost the opportunity to be released into another country with more opportunities.

They should’ve been kept in jails in Seychelles and Ethiopia, even if the reasons are a bit questionable. Somalia lacks the infrastructure or government institutions to accept these folks and integrate them back into society. In addition, they just lost the opportunity to be released into another country with more opportunities.

What makes you believe they were guilty of any crimes?

Etacovda S'lived

תחיה מדינת ישראל
What makes you believe they were guilty of any crimes?
They may not have been guilty of crimes. I already conceded that their imprisonment might be questionable. I just don’t see the wisdom of releasing them into a country with no rule of law and where terror and violence is rampant. Might be wise to release them to a different country so they can climb the ladder of opportunity.

They may not have been guilty of crimes. I already conceded that their imprisonment might be questionable. I just don’t see the wisdom of releasing them into a country with no rule of law and where terror and violence is rampant. Might be wise to release them to a different country so they can climb the ladder of opportunity.
Their govt worked for them to be returned to their country. Why would they be sent anywhere else... and why would any other country take them. I don't really understand your thinking here, but they look glad to be back.

Etacovda S'lived

תחיה מדינת ישראל
Their govt worked for them to be returned to their country. Why would they be sent anywhere else... and why would any other country take them. I don't really understand your thinking here, but they look glad to be back.
I didn’t mean to upset or confuse you. I can see how that came out wrong. It’s a good thing that the government lobbied for their release. At least Somalis now have a government that’s looks out for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending