Somalis Have Spread out

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a discussion with this new Indonesian colleague of mine who is from the Bahai faith, he told me about a Somali family he and his family are very close to and are also members of the Bahai faith. He also told me that the Somali husband and wife were born into the Bahai faith in Somalia. I told him about my lack of faith and now, he wants me to meet them and attend their Temple services. His agenda is to convert me because like Mussies and Christos followers, they believe they will be rewarded with some brownie points if they convert others and I want to meet this family and ask them the connection of the Bahai faith and Somalia. Were the Bahai's active in Somalia pre-the civil war? Did they have any temples in Somalia? Any other Somali Bahai out there? I found a place in Nugal, Puntland called Las Bahai, any correlation with the Bahai faith?

Traveling Luck for Las Bahai, Nugaal, Somalia

http://travelingluck.com/Africa/Somalia/Nugaal/_54993_Las+Bahai.html

That website is a click Farm used to get money from google ads. I hope you get punched by a Kangaroo.
:camby:

Keep my beloved Nugaal out of your mouth.

Cheers mate,

Last edited:
I also found this British lady, whose main mission to Somalia was Bahai Da'wa, but worked as a teacher in Mogadishu for nearly 2 decades.

A love for all peoples.

A Baha'i who played an historic role in the development of the Faith in Ireland, Great Britain and three countries in Africa died here on 20 June 2003.
Among her many acts of service, were membership of the first Local Spiritual Assemblies of Dublin, Belfast, and Mogadishu. She was a member of the National Spiritual Assemblies of the British Isles (1945-51); North East Africa (1961-70) and Cameroon (1972-74; 1975-80).

....Her move in 1953 to Somalia with her husband, Mihdi Samandari, won them the accolade of Knights of Baha'u'llah, a title bestowed on them by the Head of the Faith, Shoghi Effendi........In Somalia, she taught English.....In 1953, the couple moved to Nairobi, Kenya, and a year later went to live in Mogadishu, Somalia where they stayed until 1971.

http://news.bahai.org/story/230/

Larry

What do you reckon if we market that place as the birth of the Bahai faith, build few Bahai temples and it turn into a tourist destination? These Bahai followers are loaded and it will transform the lives of people in the region. Boowe, it is a wonderful opportunity.

The Nugaal block is waiting for its other brother blocks to start drilling.

VixR

Veritas
Lol. A Somali Bahai, that's interesting. Indonesian too. I've only known one Bahai family of Egyptian background. They believe some weird shit, and some Muslims don't consider them "real" Muslims.

Lol. A Somali Bahai, that's interesting. Indonesian too. I've only known one Bahai family of Egyptian background. They believe some weird shit, and some Muslims don't consider them "real" Muslims.

VixR

I was surprised too but what surprised me most was when I saw a Somali bloke, his Caucasian wife and child all dressed yellow robes and told me they were Hari Krishna. We have spread out.

VixR

Veritas
VixR

I was surprised too but what surprised me most was when I saw a Somali bloke, his Caucasian wife and child all dressed yellow robes and told me they were Hari Krishna. We have spread out.
That first part isn't so strange with the White spouse and all, but lol the yellow robes, Hari Krishna bit paints quite the picture :dead:

That first part isn't so strange with the White spouse and all, but lol the yellow robes, Hari Krishna bit paints quite the picture :dead:

VicR

I wouldn't have recognised him as a Somali because he looked like a dark southern Indian till he spoke Somali on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.