"Somalis Had To Fight Just To Be Normal"

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
No comment negro View attachment 107734

Ik ur a richmond hill yute but why u gotta post that cripple ass niggas track warya hes an Madow opp :kodaksmiley:
Waryaa it's not too late you can come back to the fold again and become WOKE brother
IMG_20200404_203511.jpg

Macalin M

Out here
I feel like Somalis in the UK are entering a new stage similar to Somalis in Toronto in the early 2000s. Back then Somalis used to be picked on in the streets, schools and even online. Somalis would open businesses everywhere and establish masjids. We used to work as a collective and thrive together. The Caribbeans didn't like our culture, they disliked us because we looked better than them and were jealous because we had a sense of community unlike them. Thus, they began to bully us until we fought back and showed them a different kind of violence because we just experienced the civil war so this street shit was nothing to us and that's when the blacks left us alone in peace and started to respected us because we put fear in them after severely karbashing them.

The Somalis in London are entering a similar stage. Give it a decade until the blacks start respecting you, fearing you and will even beg to be your friend. That's how it feels like in Toronto. I pray all Somalis living in the diaspora to do well and not give up hope to our homeland.
Nope all of that’s already been done. Twitter negros and sspot posts don’t mean nothing in real life.

For the most part we get on with Madows. My closest nigga is from the Caribbean and the other is west African.

Only in certain areas is the beef between ethnic groups and even then it’s because one group controls an area. For example, Somalis in one area and Congolese in the other.

I feel like Somalis in the UK are entering a new stage similar to Somalis in Toronto in the early 2000s. Back then Somalis used to be picked on in the streets, schools and even online. Somalis would open businesses everywhere and establish masjids. We used to work as a collective and thrive together. The Caribbeans didn't like our culture, they disliked us because we looked better than them and were jealous because we had a sense of community unlike them. Thus, they began to bully us until we fought back and showed them a different kind of violence because we just experienced the civil war so this street shit was nothing to us and that's when the blacks left us alone in peace and started to respected us because we put fear in them after severely karbashing them.

The Somalis in London are entering a similar stage. Give it a decade until the blacks start respecting you, fearing you and will even beg to be your friend. That's how it feels like in Toronto. I pray all Somalis living in the diaspora to do well and not give up hope to our homeland.
We don’t need approval from other races sxb, don’t stoop down to that level
Nope all of that’s already been done. Twitter negros and sspot posts don’t mean nothing in real life.

For the most part we get on with Madows. My closest nigga is from the Caribbean and the other is west African.

Only in certain areas is the beef between ethnic groups and even then it’s because one group controls an area. For example, Somalis in one area and Congolese in the other.
Funny how niggas in North America think they can talk about what goes down here in London. They see a couple tweet posts online from racist carribeans and cringey vids of Somalis who had their experiences with madows and generalise all Uk Somalis to be victims.

Having issues with other Africans in the west is very stupid. It's low SES bullshit, and some of you other diasporas need to get out of that lowlife mentality because it's embarrassing.

As much as reer uk (more like reer London tbh) like to deny, yes, we wuz violated...hard. It's better now but the social standing and tensions around Somalis was bad. No I'm not a beg or whatever I'm just telling it how it is. Not all Somalis had the same experience tho, some wouldn't get walked on no matter what. But the ones in majority madow areas got it the worst

As much as reer uk (more like reer London tbh) like to deny, yes, we wuz violated...hard. It's better now but the social standing and tensions around Somalis was bad. No I'm not a beg or whatever I'm just telling it how it is. Not all Somalis had the same experience tho, some wouldn't get walked on no matter what. But the ones in majority madow areas got it the worst
I only heard of this happening in the late 2000s, and early 2010, but some of you lot exaggerate to the point where you act like we were getting terrorised. Forehead jokes and pirates were the only things getting dished out back in school days, but physically? Rarely

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I can assure you Somalis were picked by blacks maybe not bullied but blacks were extremely xenophobic and would always cause problems. I've spoken to many Somalis who were teenagers during the 2000s and they've had crazy experiences in schools, parks and streets with Afro-Caribbeans but that all changed when Somalis fought back. That's why today there is no ethnic tensions but in the early 2000s there were ethnic tensions and it was bloody. You may not consider it a win but today Somalis are feared and respected in Toronto.

Bro, I do not recall Somalis ever backing down if bothered by ajnabis. That was the general impression we got which was similar to what @Gambar said.

This why I love being Somali :rejoice:

Nothing is off limits in the streets NOTHING :fredo:
:jaynerd: I used to think it was like that everywhere. Until these shocking accounts from the Isles started cropping up.

Macalin M

Out here
I only heard of this happening in the late 2000s, and early 2010, but some of you lot exaggerate to the point where you act like we were getting terrorised. Forehead jokes and pirates were the only things getting dished out back in school days, but physically? Rarely
Everything is overplayed here sxb. I noticed it back in 2018 when every second thread was about UK malis. Ask @Basic it happened every hour of the day kkk.

We all know what happens in real life. I don’t mind the Madow. The only Madows I dislike are the ones beefing the malis. Down south I’m calm akh. Always have been. My walaalos took over streatham, stocky, tooting and other areas with ease.

VIP
This is what happens when you're skinny or fat, noone respects you. You gotta look like you can hold your own without resorting to pussy tactics like a gun or a knife. Eat better, get in the gym, get surgery, do something nacalaa

Aabihiin baad la calool weeyntihiin ama u eegtihiin wax gaajoonaya ee meesha haa nugu cebeeynina :ohlord:

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Nope things are just a lot different here. Ethnic groups in gangs tend to stick to their own while having some mix. Kinda segregated.

Contrary to what you'll read on sspot back in the day Somalis were known for being extremely violent when retaliating against madows and started carving out gangs in their areas (inner and greater London). Folks back then were a bunch of xoolo. That's when the hate really began growing so the animosity grew and because they created street culture here it quickly turned against us which traumatized those trying to fit in like @sigmund kkkkk I heard she still has PTSD from being insulted because of her dark skin:mjlaugh:

Same shit happened to the Pakis who would discriminate against them. Somalis generally didn't do anything unless they were in the area though this usually lead to deaths when it did happen. Albanians slaughter them like cattle though, bit weird to watch because they can't really do anything about it.

we have tonnes of masjids and businesses but they mainly cater to Somalis. Don't follow @Gambar advice of walking up to random people, that usually ends in a stabbing if you're in another gang or look like it.
I'm lightskin not darkskin everyone on this forum know this

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Bro, I do not recall Somalis ever backing down if bothered by ajnabis. That was the general impression we got which was similar to what @Gambar said.

:jaynerd: I used to think it was like that everywhere. Until these shocking accounts from the Isles started cropping up.

You're misundertanding my point, sis.

Of course, Somalis never backed down. I never made that claim. All I said was in the early 2000s the madows were causing trouble and started picking on Somalis. Yes, Somalis fought back immediately in the early 2000s and it cooled down in the mid-2000s after the blacks were beaten into submission and that's when the blacks left Somalis alone completely. Nowadays everyone in Toronto gets along.

@Gucci mane and @Shmurda know about the ethnic tensions back in the early 2000s.

Last edited:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I never had these problems. I don't live in the ghetto and the black people I've mey are have been upstanding citizens

Sometimes I don't relate to your experience

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You're misundertanding my point, sis.

Of course, Somalis never backed down. I never made that claim. All I said was in the early 2000s madows started picking on us and we fought back immediately in the early 2000s and it cooled down in the mid-2000s after we gained our respect and that's when the blacks left Somalis alone. Nowadays everyone in Toronto gets along.

I hear you. Around that time Somalis were only in Canada for a decade or so (I'm omitting those that came from the 70s-80s). The population was still quite young and less firmly rooted than they are today. :manny:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I never had these problems. I don't live in the ghetto and the black people I've met are have been upstanding citizens

Sometimes I don't relate to your experience

I think you are suffering from something called classism. I never grew up in the hood either but I have to call it out because you're in a sunken place, mon ami.
:farmajoyaab: I encountered middle class madow people too (mostly) and they were the most well-adjusted. They came from two parent homes with educated parents. You cannot compare them to individuals who grew up with a different family formation - mother headed households), fewer resources and lower SES.

Trending

Latest posts