Somalis back home are killing themselves.

Its a dog eat dog world over there especially in Somaliland, no one gives a shit about each other

No naxariis, no system to help the poor and needy as prescribed by Allah, no proper government

Just nothing

This isn't new, people in baadiye in the 60s&70s used to kill themselves, I've heard a few stories.

Living in Somalia will drive you insane. AUN to the poor man
I read a book about farmers in the old days killing themselves just because the harvest did not go well. Sounds like a simple reason to us but it’s their entire livelihood

GemState

36/21
VIP
I read a book about farmers in the old days killing themselves just because the harvest did not go well. Sounds like a simple reason to us but it’s their entire livelihood
Losing 60 camels in a drought is equivalent to $60k. That's an insane amount of money in the 3rd World

Losing 60 camels in a drought is equivalent to $60k. That's an insane amount of money in the 3rd World
I heard a story about a guy losing 300 camels in this drought. That's 300k. I know Saudis who had strokes over losing 266.67k or a million Riyals in the 2006 infamous market crash. A Somali losing 50k+ worth of live stock is the equivalent of an American losing 6 million dollars adjusted to gdp per capita.

I heard a story about a guy losing 300 camels in this drought. That's 300k. I know Saudis who had strokes over losing 266.67k or a million Riyals in the 2006 infamous market crash. A Somali losing 50k+ worth of live stock is the equivalent of an American losing 6 million dollars adjusted to gdp per capita.
Muslims shouldn't be so attached on this dunya, a proper muslim would say alxamdulillah I know Allah has something better planned for me.

Suicide is unacceptable because Muslims believe "Allah does not burden people with more than they can carry"

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
life is very hard in Somalia. Even harder when good life is in your face 24/7 with internet and it’s just out of your reach. Main reason I vote Democrat so we can have more somali immigrants to send money back home, 2nd 3rd generation Somalis not as good about staying in contact and supporting family back home.Life will only get harder with global warming and people having kids they can’t support

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
Muslims shouldn't be so attached on this dunya, a proper muslim would say alxamdulillah I know Allah has something better planned for me.

Suicide is unacceptable because Muslims believe "Allah does not burden people with more than they can carry"
You wouldn’t be saying that if that actually happened to you. Although life was never designed to be easy in the first place, you can’t deny that you have it alot easier than many somalis back home. Wallahi they are alot strong than I am, the things my parents witnessed/experienced in somalia is enough for me to want to end it. All we can do is donate and help them, instead of telling them to suck it up whilst we get to comfortable live in another man’s country.

You wouldn’t be saying that if that actually happened to you. Although life was never designed to be easy in the first place, you can’t deny that you have it alot easier than many somalis back home. Wallahi they are alot strong than I am, the things my parents witnessed/experienced in somalia is enough for me to want to end it. All we can do is donate and help them, instead of telling them to suck it up whilst we get to comfortable live in another man’s country.
It isn't my opinion, it is Islam. Although taking your life isn't considered an act of kufr it is without a doubt one of the greatest sins.
Wallahi they are alot strong than I am, the things my parents witnessed/experienced in somalia is enough for me to want to end it.
You are in a sense making the case. Maybe you never went through those tribulations because they wouldve been too much for you. Allah knows best, Im not ridiculing or downplaying their suffering just offered my point of view and what Islam says about the matter.
:ohno:

Trending

Latest posts