Somalis are sometimes so embarrassing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen Carawelo

Why do some Somali brides wear indian saris for their wedding? They're not Hindi, or Asian. Why can't they stick to their traditional clothes? Wallahi in my opinion I think guntiino or hida iyo dhaqan clothes are so much better than the white dress or indian saris. It's quite embarrassing. That's not our culture!

Screw the wedding gown, I will be rocking guntiino for my wedding inshallah. Gold dripping on my hands, while the guntiino cinches my waist. Inshallah..

I just saw a friend's relative wedding pictures and I just got mad. No more embracing other cultures. We should stick to our culture and show it off with pride.

I went to a wedding in Hyde Park London once. They hired like a marquee to resemble a rer miyi aqal .The groom was in a macawis.go shaal,shirt and jaangerri shoes.She was wearing that traditional cloth that hangs from one shoulder and they looked stunning. My description doesn't do it justice runtii.
Another thing I don't understand,especially with wedding back home,is why do they put undertakers make up on brides. Fucking ugly as sin

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
The civil war destroyed Somali pride fam, you got different strains of self hate with the sand nig lovin crew, loving sjw's, the anyone but Abdi as long as he's Muslim crew, the Ayan Xirsi my siil got butchered crew, and a few others I can't think of.

Shits real yo

Somali have some epic jewlery , headress and attires for culture.

They should modernize and costomize their own culture thats what everyone else does, for example
tumblr_n8sr5i9DHy1s8sc22o2_1280.jpg

Shukri%2BHashi%2B4.jpg

Or what reer dir wear for jewlery

ztc02d.jpg

Read a little bit here http://beeshadireed.blogspot.no/2012/11/kuulaha-cunaabiga-cambarka-somali.html?m=1

about somali dir jewlery and marriage history. Men would give women cultural jewlery as dowry and such. They call it Kuulaha cunaabiga cambarka

You can also use somali tradition like this girl by using indho khol as eye liner!

Also that golden neck strap thingy ive seen many somalis wear around the neck or that forehead strap!

Here are just a few of many somali cultural tradition jewlery and amulets

29z2zqt.jpg

Somalis can invest in their own culture if They choose to and Even costumize and modernize their own culture to for their modern needs.

I think They also need to costumize somali male attires and modernize it.

There are many different versions of Dhaqan wear other than plain white, from various colors and shapes. From the pictures ive seen.

All it takes is for wareersan somalis to wake up and invest in their own culture. Other groups did this long time ago.

The civil war destroyed Somali pride fam, you got different strains of self hate with the sand nig lovin crew, loving sjw's, the anyone but Abdi as long as he's Muslim crew, the Ayan Xirsi my siil got butchered crew, and a few others I can't think of.

Shits real yo

Yeah the core of the somali people is missing , our home was the enforcer of all thats somali and when it was wrecked ! All progress culturally linguistically intellectually was halted.

No advancements have been made in the somali language the last 25 Years and no advancements or investments have been made in somali culture as a whole.

We have zero intellectual capital.

Nothing there to enforce the somali reality values and world view. Nothing there to enforce somali behavior , Conduct or philosophies.

Most are just physically and mentally impaired people just walking with no sense of direction.

Just sad state of afairs that was birthed out of prolonged civil war.

Why do some Somali brides wear indian saris for their wedding? They're not Hindi, or Asian. Why can't they stick to their traditional clothes? Wallahi in my opinion I think guntiino or hida iyo dhaqan clothes are so much better than the white dress or indian saris. It's quite embarrassing. That's not our culture!

Screw the wedding gown, I will be rocking guntiino for my wedding inshallah. Gold dripping on my hands, while the guntiino cinches my waist. Inshallah..

I just saw a friend's relative wedding pictures and I just got mad. No more embracing other cultures. We should stick to our culture and show it off with pride.
:damedamn:

Indian saree? You hear something new everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending