OPINION Somalis are land rich and but lack civilization and will end up losing what they have

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
Djibouti 23,200 km²
North Eastern province(Kenya) 127,358.5 km²
Somali state(Ethiopia) 328,068 km²
Federal Republic of Somalia 637,655 km²

Total Somali land mass 1,116,281.5 km²

Somali land mass ranks 26th largest when compared to nations land mass, thats comfortable upper rank position out of the 190 something nations, the countries above us in land mass include Greenland, Russia, Algeria, Mali, Australia, Sudan, Mexico etc basically places that have land area that is frozen or extreme desert area, both inhabitable. We easily creep up the list if its not just land mass but includes the requirement the land has to at the very least be habitable, not lush green just habitable, our true rank is probably 16. When you take into account population density we get pushed up even more, because huge land and huge population cancel each other out, places like India, China, Indonesia that are larger than us have people live ontop of each other because their population is almost 10-50 times bigger than us. We would rank like 10 top, about 8 if we take that into account.

This leaves only a few countries above us, 1. America, 2. Peru, 3. Argentina 4. South Africa, 5. Congo, 6. Angola, 7. Brazil

There is not much to be proud of as Somali but we are land rich !

Hamzza

VIP
Djibouti 23,200 km²
North Eastern province(Kenya) 127,358.5 km²
Somali state(Ethiopia) 328,068 km²
Federal Republic of Somalia 637,655 km²

Total Somali land mass 1,116,281.5 km²

Somali land mass ranks 26th largest when compared to nations land mass, thats comfortable upper rank position out of the 190 something nations, the countries above us in land mass include Greenland, Russia, Algeria, Mali, Australia, Sudan, Mexico etc basically places that have land area that is frozen or extreme desert area, both inhabitable. We easily creep up the list if its not just land mass but includes the requirement the land has to at the very least be habitable, not lush green just habitable, our true rank is probably 16. When you take into account population density we get pushed up even more, because huge land and huge population cancel each other out, places like India, China, Indonesia that are larger than us have people live ontop of each other because their population is almost 10-50 times bigger than us. We would rank like 10 top, about 8 if we take that into account.

This leaves only a few countries above us, 1. America, 2. Peru, 3. Argentina 4. South Africa, 5. Congo, 6. Angola, 7. Brazil

There is not much to be proud of as Somali but we are land rich !
Somalilands are naturaly poor, miles and miles of scrub and wastelands.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Our best asset is the coast line tbh. Most Somali land that isn’t on the coastline or the lush south is pretty barren and unproductive.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
space itself is a resource, my little investigation makes me appreciate my ancestors, I know they didn't expand in cohession but rather due to circumstances and internal fighting they somehow ended up pushing their neighbors. They did however unite to defend the land they got from outsiders foreigners/gaalo.

Today we cannot expand, and we lost the Somalinimo to defend what we got, I have seen opposing clans celebrate Kenyan bombing Gedo and stealing parliament seats, I have also self engaged in calling Somalis slaves like Qalbidhagax, this is regression, when it comes to outsiders we used to have common agreement to unite, that is lost now.

Last edited:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Our best asset is the coast line tbh. Most Somali land that isn’t on the coastline or the lush south is pretty barren and unproductive.
I dont know why people think this. Most of our value is always going to be inland GMs Uranium, Jubba/Shabelle Produce, Ogadenias oil, Bauxite deposits etc.

Our ports are useful as focus points for export revenue and strategic interest regarding trade in the future.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Dalalos_ibn_Adali We are land-rich. But the type of land we have is 'also diverse'. Mountains and Forests in the North, Farm-land that is around 70,000 SQ KM in the south, Longest coast-line in Africa, Islands(Ras hafun, Ku Dhaa, etc), Plus we have plenty of 'valleys and plains, etc'.

Not to mention we sit on one of the world's busiest shipping lane(historically and till today), talk about marine real-estate, if every coastline was 'valued' historically till today, We would be up there as the top 3 marine real-estates of the world, Talk about ancient longevity of our sea lanes.

Not only that imagine the amount of 'treasures' that must be in the 'red sea' considering it was used by ancient egypt, greeks, romans, arabs, turks, brits, especially around PL Coordinates which is known for it's monsoons, it's like god blessed us with monsoon coordinates so he can destroy ships crossing our waters and for us to collect the treasures. Heaps of potential in our coastline, if we only had a marine institutes like we have a livestock institutes.

Our ancestors sure did they're job in they're time period, it's our generation who are not moving forward.

Last edited:

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
Somalis used to fight each other and even eject each other from land and push each other further out, than the ejected clan would settle in non-Somali land, grow strong and take over the land.

We are still fighting each other but we are not gaining land, heck we are losing land.

I think the reason for this regression is because we have lost the ingroup mentality, before we would sell weapons to an enemy clan who were at war with a foreign race. Today we are against SNA being deployed in Gedo to protect Rer Gedo from KDF mortar shelling in Beledxawo, KFD air bombardment of Ceelcadde and border fence building along the border.

So no wonder our territory is shrinking, instead of supporting the enemy clan out of Somalinimo if they are fighting against foreigners, we are instead supporting the foreigners.

Look when Oromia and Somali state had conflict, the Dir, Sheekhaal and Hawiyo subclans joined Oromia lmao.

The reason we expanded has been reversed and is now the reason we are shrinking.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Dalalos_ibn_Adali this 'lets gang up on foreigners' is old, first step down from power, stop allying yourself with oromo, and if any foreigner harms you, then Somalis will back you. But as long as your ass is seeking presidency and siding with oromo n qatar, stop crying 4 somali unity. You became political, you lost your somali victimhood shit. If u wanna play politics don't cry SOMALIYY when things don't go your way. That's langaab shit

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
We need to be like the japanese, we just need a strong government with a democratic basis.
Do you think the Japanese president concerns himself with his own clan or appointing all governors?

All of this mucaarad behavior came from when we felt he was supporting his clan in JL and when he started trying to appoint leaders in other states. Is that a necessary feature in your idea of a strong government?

Do you think the Japanese president concerns himself with his own clan or appointing all governors?

All of this mucaarad behavior came from when we felt he was supporting his clan in JL and when he started trying to appoint leaders in other states. Is that a necessary feature in your idea of a strong government?
They did in the 1850s, we can simply mitigate this love of clan through developing one man one vote systems throughout the nation.

Appointments should only be in cabinet while all other executive roles should be overseen by an elected person. I truly believe its the lack of an even playing fields that causes interfighting.

By setting up proper systems with impartial judges we can create growth and stronger urbanisation. From there we can develop a curriculum for students that focuses on patriotism.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
We need to be like the japanese, we just need a strong government with a democratic basis.
Japan, Somalia and most of the european nations were born in the 1500s, what gave the europeans advantage was the expansion into america with little to no resistance and the african slaves again with little to no resistance, Japan were also expanding but they were blocked by the europeans much later on in the 1900s, Somalis were expanding much like Japanese, but again europeans blocked us as well around the same time.

Europeans reversed our unity but they didn't reverse Japanese unity, mainly due to the fact that the Japanese had recorded history prior to world war 2, they know who they are, while we argue about whether Ahmed Gurey was MX or not, we don't know who we are, we got our own script in the 1970s for crying out loud.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
They did in the 1850s, we can simply mitigate this love of clan through developing one man one vote systems throughout the nation.

Appointments should only be in cabinet while all other executive roles should be overseen by an elected person. I truly believe its the lack of an even playing fields that causes interfighting.

By setting up proper systems with impartial judges we can create growth and stronger urbanisation. From there we can develop a curriculum for students that focuses on patriotism.
If this is what Farmajo acted upon he would have maintained Somali unity and support. Instead he deposed Waare a PHD holder for Guudlaawe his own mooryaan.

Although I cant blame you millions thought Mao was still going to create a paradise until he died. :mjcry:

Japan, Somalia and most of the european nations were born in the 1500s, what gave the europeans advantage was the expansion into america with little to no resistance and the african slaves again with little to no resistance, Japan were also expanding but they were blocked by the europeans much later on in the 1900s, Somalis were expanding much like Japanese, but again europeans blocked us as well around the same time.

Europeans reversed our unity but they didn't reverse Japanese unity, mainly due to the fact that the Japanese had recorded history prior to world war 2, they know who they are, while we argue about whether Ahmed Gurey was MX or not, we don't know who we are, we got our own script in the 1970s for crying out loud.
No worries, the future is infinite and consequently our dreams can manifest with effort. I believe we need to develop a strong military minded meritocracy in Somalia focusing on national conscription and education.

We just need funds to jumpstart the nation, oil or some other mineral would be great.

Somaliweyne is not dead, we are just in a new environment and need to act accordingly.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP

I am not looking at Gedo or Somali territory through the lens of politics, but through the lens of protecting the Somali territory from external foreign force illegally expanding into it.

Farmaajo has done good things in my view regarding protecting Somali territry.
1. He stopped the Border fence
2. He defeated Kenya in the Beledxawo war
3. He even hold Kenya responsible as they shelled Beledxawo from Kenyan saide
4. He defeated Kenya in the ICJ over our EEZ

From the political perspective, Farmaajo was for 1m1v making the MPs selection up to the public, not up to clan elders, him or regional presidents.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I am not looking at Gedo or Somali territory through the lens of politics, but through the lens of protecting the Somali territory from external foreign force illegally expanding into it.

From the political perspective, Farmaajo was for 1m1v making the MPs selection up to the public, not up to clan elders, him or regional presidents.
You supported Farmaajo for qabiil reasons. Let’s see if you prove us wrong when the new President achieves most of the things you want (1p1v and removing foreign troops) which Farmaajo failed at

If this is what Farmajo acted upon he would have maintained Somali unity and support. Instead he deposed Waare a PHD holder for Guudlaawe his own mooryaan.

Although I cant blame you millions thought Mao was still going to create a paradise until he died. :mjcry:
I think Farmaajo has made progress but i don't think he is revolutionary or has even done a good job.

I believe the main opposition are worse in every aspect. HSM is the reincarnation of a benedict arnold, he has no idea how to run a nation and wants a confederacy with his own little fiefdom, i.e mogadishu.

We should all support who we think will incrementally expand somalia, incrementalism is a philosophy that can work to lead a nation to a base stature. From there it can produce a genius who can transform the nation.

Farmaajo has not beaten kenya in a war , rather he has given an illusion of power. In essence, he utilizes propaganda.

i love his new approach to politics. Propaganda is the most powerful force in human history, its propaganda that makes nations go to war, build huge monuments and even reach technological greatness.

We must support the propagandising of the Somali populace to transform their ideologies to ones conducive to growth and development.

I use the metric of propagandization coupled with obvious actual growth as one to assess a somali leaders capability of running a nation.

Farmaajo is first in that sense and shortly followed by Khaire.

Trending