Somalis and their Abtirsi

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Yesterday I was talking to my Dad and Grandma for our Abtirsi because I only knew like 9 - 10 before yesterday. And My dad and grandma who didn't have anything written down just told it to me from the top of their heads like 20. Not only was this surprising but besides our own they started branching off one by one naming our ancestors and their kids, and all the different branches related to us. So I had to sit there for an hour listening about Ogariyaan Siyaad and his 3 kids and their kids and how they link up to my grandma's cousins and my dad's cousins and distant distant relatives. I found it even more funny because they were so enthusiastic about it. Do you guys know about your Abtirsi? And how did you learn it?

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I think it's absolutely fascinating how abtirsi works however I question the validity of it after certain point, however it is still cool if you are looking at it from a cultural point of view and not factual :)

Yesterday I was talking to my Dad and Grandma for our Abtirsi because I only knew like 9 - 10 before yesterday. And My dad and grandma who didn't have anything written down just told it to me from the top of their heads like 20. Not only was this surprising but besides our own they started branching off one by one naming our ancestors and their kids, and all the different branches related to us. So I had to sit there for an hour listening about Ogariyaan Siyaad and his 3 kids and their kids and how they link up to my grandma's cousins and my dad's cousins and distant distant relatives. I found it even more funny because they were so enthusiastic about it. Do you guys know about your Abtirsi? And how did you learn it?

all 27 names.
i asked my dad

Cyrus

Arabist| Akh-Right Movement|احب الملكات العرب
Naleeye Axmed or Nuur Axmed?