Somalis and clan based TV companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
Apparently everyone and their grandma are making TV companies (at a cost of $300,000)

UniversalTV = Reer Xamar
Horn Cable TV = HA
Saab TV = HY

Saab TV are the latest new TV consisting of former Horn Cable TV reporters who are now the owners of this
new TV (Keyse Axmed Digaale and Maxamed Tiriig).

16265579_1229935520421391_2226903031294226390_n.jpg

16265918_1229935670421376_1460811193060731451_n.jpg

16142972_1229938077087802_1380050186053968433_n.jpg

Established
- clan based national anthems
- clan based TV networks
- clan based federal states
- clan based mosques
- clan based telecom businesses ( Golis (darood), Somtel (Isaaq), Hormuud (Hawiye))
- clan based coffee shops/restaurants (8 different ones in my location alone)
- clan based websites for news sources
- clan based Xawaalado (Dahabshiil (Isaaq), Amal Express (Darood), Hodan Global (Hawiye) etc.
Pipe-line
- clan based ports (Maydh, Hobyo, Goobweyne alternative to Mogadishu, Berbera, Kismaayo, Bosaaso)
- clan based roads
- clan based schools
- clan based banks

I wonder what other hideous thing will come next.

No Somali News network makes money. They all fight for the same clients and ads space.
The ones who upload on YouTube keep filling the timeline with yellow Ad bars! You can't even watch it without 60 popups in your face.

Some one funds them to push agenda. It makes no sense.

Bohol

VIP
@LarryThePuntite The way they make money is for example you want a development news from your town or village aired you
call them then they bring their cameras and air it through their designated TV channel, Youtube and wherever. You pay them a fee
($100) or less or also TV networks backhome always air political meetings/clan meetings and other stuff, they are never short of
work.

Bohol

VIP
Established
- clan based TV networks
- clan based mosques
- clan based telecom businesses ( Golis (darood), Somtel (Isaaq), Hormuud (Hawiye))
- clan based Xawaalado (Dahabshiil (Isaaq), Amal Express (Darood), Hodan Global (Hawiye) etc.
Pipe-line
- clan based ports (Maydh, Hobyo, Goobweyne alternative to Mogadishu, Berbera, Kismaayo, Bosaaso)
- clan based roads
- clan based schools
- clan based banks

kkkk that is life for Somali society ever since central government collapsed.

No Somali News network makes money. They all fight for the same clients and ads space.
The ones who upload on YouTube keep filling the timeline with yellow Ad bars! You can't even watch it without 60 popups in your face.

Some one funds them to push agenda. It makes no sense.

The Guardian and most papers in the UK struggle and beg you for subscription, they are all funded from abroad.

I have sat down with several Somali millionaires mostly in Kenya, one of them in the 100's of millions who is also somewhat distant relative.

They have no concept of PR or funding organisation that will spread there agenda, they are oblivious to this and thought I was crazy for bringing it up.

For them it's black and white, it has to make money, or such an opportunity needs to exist, otherwise they see you as someone that wants to rob them.

These people are too stupid to fund anything, unlike their western counterparts.

@LarryThePuntite The way they make money is for example you want a development news from your town or village aired you
call them then they bring their cameras and air it through their designated TV channel, Youtube and wherever. You pay them a fee
($100) or less or also TV networks backhome always air political meetings/clan meetings and other stuff, they are never short of
work.

That's got to be the most backward business model in Media. Some of these YouTube weekend warrior journalist need to be arrested.

The Rwandan genocide was sparked by 2 alternative media outlets. One in Radio and another in Print.

If you aren't certified to be a journalist you need to be stopped.

work.

That's got to be the most backward business model in Media. Some of these YouTube weekend warrior journalist need to be arrested.

The Rwandan genocide was sparked by 2 alternative media outlets. One in Radio and another in Print.

If you aren't certified to be a journalist you need to be stopped.

work.

clan is big business, but that revenue model is still not enough, the cable deal alone eats away everything they make, they are funded from abroad by different interest groups to make up for the massive short fall.

Even the Western media don't survive and they have a far more robust model then clan, none of them does any investigative work on the issues in Somalia, in Koonfur only independent journalists are attacked, not the ones from universal TV, because they all have the same masters.

Bohol

VIP
@AbdiJohnson It is official the West Burco TV has been launched kkk. The TV's
reporter in Djibouti is Cali Seenyo, basically most of the reporters belong to the same community,
funny stuff.

SAAB TV OO DAR DAR LA SO GALAY HAWADA

Last edited:

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Established
- clan based TV networks
- clan based mosques
Pipe-line
- clan based roads
- clan based schools
- clan based banks

Alright calm down now, you're looking too much into it people use each one of whatever you listed indiscriminately regardless of whichever
qabiil set it up. As for the national anthem, it being changed had nothing to do with qabiil. Qolobaa Calankeed was always the national anthem
up until they decided to switch it up with Soomaaliyeey Toosoo in 2000.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I think TV will never die out. It will go down in viewership, but it will always be around.

People are sometimes just lazy and don't want to look up stuff.
TV isn't going anywhere to be honest if anything the internet will morph into at full blast within the next couple of years.

Bohol

VIP
Some nice looking chicks in this TV networtk. I recognize Kaltun Muuse the London reporter, she is reer Oodweyne Lol
starting at 12:47.

Status
Not open for further replies.