Somalilanders demonstrate in Hargeisa for George Floyd. "All lifes matter"

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
This was all a thought experiment in groupthink of which Somalis are proving highly suggestible. I agree with the notion of police brutality as problematic and no one deserved to die in this manner but why were people not as keen on speaking out until now. There were so many isolated incidents. And various opportunities.

Whenever I see a movement that is highly politicized and of this magnitude I get suspicious. :farmajoyaab: What is the end goal?

And the corona numbers will further increase from the mass gatherings.

This was all a thought experiment in groupthink of which Somalis are proving highly suggestible. I agree with the notion of police brutality as problematic and no one deserved to die in this manner but why were people not as keen on speaking out until now. There were so many isolated incidents. And various opportunities.

Whenever I see a movement that is highly politicized and of this magnitude I get suspicious. :farmajoyaab: What is the end goal?

And the corona numbers will further increase from the mass gatherings.
I fully agree with you on this.. It's not I'm not against black peoples rights as well as police brutality but with Somalis who are getting all hysterical and following on the agenda of the blm without any question indicates Somalis have a herd mentality and they are easy to control and manipulate. Somalis have hive mentality.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I fully agree with you on this.. It's not I'm not against black peoples rights as well as police brutality but with Somalis who are getting all hysterical and following on the agenda of the blm without any question indicates Somalis have a herd mentality and they are easy to control and manipulate. Somalis have hive mentality.

They simply follow the wave. :ohno: I don't know why Somali politicians have not deployed heavy propoganda to influence the collective. I mean, since this was so easy they ought to take notes.

They simply follow the wave. :ohno: I don't know why Somali politicians have not deployed heavy propoganda to influence the collective. I mean, since this was so easy they ought to take notes.
In my observations Somalis don't react so strongly when it's an issue regarding specifically Somalis or Somalia but they're generally very reactive to popular cases or issues which are trending on social media and the media in general, but when it comes to Somali issues be it politically or social justice matters etc they don't care so much about it because the status quo is to be expected by Somalis in their own mind and maybe that's why they are apathetic to the issue or case.

6057B1E3-EA8D-46A6-AACA-87FA171F9789.jpeg

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
In my observations Somalis don't react so strongly when it's an issue regarding specifically Somalis or Somalia but they're generally very reactive to popular cases or issues which are trending on social media and the media in general, but when it comes to Somali issues be it politically or social justice matters etc they don't care so much about it because the status quo is to be expected by Somalis in their own mind and maybe that's why they are apathetic to the issue or case.

I still think Somalis can be influenced if the platform is large enough even on Somali issues.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited: