Somalilander calaacals on Reddit and gets roasted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
The original post

[EU]Somalia Visa: Eu airline refuses to let us fly to Somalia

This summer we wanted to fly from The Netherlands to Somalia. We would be flying with an European airline from Amsterdam, The Netherlands to Vienna in Austria, then with an African airline from Vienna to Addis Ababa in Ethiopia and then to Hargeisa in Somaliland, Somalia.

We went to the airport (Shiphol, The Netherlands) where the woman from the check-in counter (Eu airline) refused to let us fly without a visa. The problem was that we would be staying in Somalia for 42 days which is long than the maximum stay of 30 days. But we were going to Somaliland which has a completely different visa policy and does not recognize the national visa. You do not need a Somalian visa to visit Somaliland. Somaliland has complete different rules and sees itself as a self-declared state. The woman at the check-in counter said we had to proof that we didn’t need a Somalian visa to enter Somaliland. After allot of discussing the flight left.

After calling with our travel agency they told us we needed to contact the airline which booked our flight. The African airline said that it was BS that the European airline didn’t let us fly to Somaliland, Somalia. They managed to change the flight that we missed and let us fly a week later (35 days in Somalia). The European airline refused to let us fly so we needed to drive from The Netherlands to Vienna, Austria. The drive took us +- 14 hours in a packed car. We stayed with a relative (an aunt? which my mother knew somehow) for one day. She and her son even left the house so could stay there. We flew the day after but my father and a family friend had to drive back to The Netherlands.

One the way back from Somalia we flew with a Somalian family who also had the same problem with the European airline (longer that 30 days stay in Somalia) but one of the daughters was a lawyer and she said that they would be suing the airline if they didn’t let them fly. The European airline let them fly.

So my question is: Was it legal what the European airline did? And do we deserve compensation for the missed flight and the drive to Austria?

Ps. We stayed a total of 35 days in Somalia.

Pss. The African airline (Ethiopian Airline) is the best. They helped use and even let us stay hotels when we were transit in Ethiopia so that we didn’t have to wait at the airport. One of the hotels was a 4 star hotel. :D

Psss. Aviation law was not added not on the flair list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvic...sa_eu_airline_refuses_to_let_us_fly/?sort=new

wzGqDWm.png

YiO6SCu.png

He was looking for legal advise and got a reality check instead.:tacky::urgh:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
If this was somnet this thread would've had 4 pages already.:mjlol: Reer Samosa forever taking L's.:mjlaugh:

Oh, a Somaliland bashing thread....yall can have your fun :axvmm9o:

In all seriousness though, it's the airline's duty to fully understand the market. If they just did a quick google search of the destination they would know instantly that the visa can be bought on arrival. This proud Samosa Stater definitely has grounds for damages against the airline.

While I was travelling to Europe in the summer, a Somali guy with a Djibouti passport was not allowed on the flight to Amsterdam from Edmonton because he didn't have the Schegen visa. His final destination was not Europe. That is what told the people in the baggage drop off. Dude was extremely furious. I didn't feel sorry for him because he cut me in line. :hemad:

Anyways, since when did we need to have a Somalia visa to visit Somalia? I've never heard of this. I just had to pay like $50 to get in

Duchess

VIP
Oh, a Somaliland bashing thread....yall can have your fun :axvmm9o:

In all seriousness though, it's the airline's duty to fully understand the market. If they just did a quick google search of the destination they would know instantly that the visa can be bought on arrival. This proud Samosa Stater definitely has grounds for damages against the airline.

I wasn't bashing Somaliland and on what grounds can he sue the airline? :comeon:

waraabe

Your superior
dont make me post those starving kids a people. There is a reason your people are threatening to kill themsleves if they are not allowed to go to Somaliland.

even punaniland mayor had to beg to come to somaliland

Duchess

VIP
dont make me post those starving kids a people. There is a reason your people are threatening to kill themsleves if they are not allowed to go to Somaliland.

Why you getting so emo for? When did I insult Somaliland? This topic about a Somalilander wanting to sue a European airline for refusing him to board because of a visa dispute.:ummhmsmiley::axvmm9o:

Duchess

VIP

Duriyada can't travel from Europe to SL directly because the Faqash sympathizing European airlines want a Somalia-issued visa for stays that exceed 30 days. The government of Somaliland must address this serious issue in its next press conference.

SuldaanMethylamine

Scheming from Salaxley
Duriyada can't travel from Europe to SL directly because the Faqash sympathizing European airlines want a Somalia-issued visa for stays that exceed 30 days. The government of Somaliland must address this serious issue in its next press conference.
Meh, less Europeans means less qurbajoogs jacking the price of land up in Hargeisa and less dhaqancelis kids wreaking havoc on the locals

angrycat

not so sad after all

what a sick thing to say/ and you being somali and (i'm guessing) muslim (but who knows with these atheists on these forums these days)? I literally just signed up after seeing this comment of your's. Those are starving children and you let your patriotism trump that. nationalism really is a disease of the heart. Ilaahi ka baaq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending