Somaliland vs Somali dialect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the somaliland dialect is proof enough of their superiority over xamaar......

i kid kid please do not be upset

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE ♡
Car-- Babuur
Fart-- Dhuuso
Iron-- feero
Batter-- Cajiin/Bur
Toe-- Suul
Comb hair-- Timaha shanlay
Socks- sigisyo
Blanket-- buusto
Flower-- ubax
Necklace-- Dahab/Silisad/Katiinad
Walk-- Soco
Underwear-- kastuumo

these are the right words balayo :mjlol:

My mother is from Somaliland and my father from Somalia but im mostly raised by my mother, and everytime i speak with the family of my dad of my dad himself they laugh at me for speaking somaliland

And when i get back to my moms she laughs at me for speaking xamar (?)

Didnt know untill this year it was such a difference, but now i get why i understand the somalilanders 100% and the people of somalia not

Its funny tho

There are many Indian loan words in the Somali lang
Gaari
Baabuur
Saabuun
Baaldi
Baraf
Biyo
Rooti
Badhasaab

:bell:

Don't forget japati :lolbron: Did Somalis have a trading relationship with people of the Indian subcontinent? That may have been where the words came from.

And also food, I've noticed we have somewhat similar cuisine to Indians o_O

Last edited:
Don't forget japati :lolbron: Did Somalis have a trading relationship with people of the Indian subcontinent? That may have been where the words came from.

And also food, I've noticed we have somewhat similar cuisine to Indians o_O
The Indian loan words are nothing compared to Arabic loan words good bless our Arab brothers

All this thread proves is how uncultured and backwards reer waqooyi are.:icon lol:
wait iron as in iron ur clothes? ppl call that feero? :dead:

Ferro is the scientific/Latin term for the element iron...niggas did a direct translation, I'm dead fam :dead:

iron is kaawiyad fam. dharkayga waan kaawadaynaya
That's how you say it in Italian. The etymology of "iron" is also based on the chemical element, doesn't mean it's a direct translation idiot.

the somaliland dialect is proof enough of their superiority over xamaar......

i kid kid please do not be upset
how is it superior when your entire vocabulary is based on pastoral farming? do you even have words not in the context of an animal?

our dialect might not be "pure" but at least we have words for modern activities.:mjlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.