Somaliland region: Turkish Government Bans 18th May Celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
Istanbul,(Qaran news)-The Turkish government has banned the Somaliland community in their country from celebrating the 28th anniversary of the reclamation of sovereignty on the 18th of May.

The Somaliland community in Turkey have always gathered together to celebrate the 18th of May in the past in many of the major cities, such as Ankara and Istanbul, but according to the Somaliland community, pressure on the Turkish authorities to ban the celebrations this year came from the embassy of the weak federal government of Mogadishu.

The ban comes at a time when Turkey wants to be seen as a fair arbiter in any future Somaliland-Somalia talks.

https://qarannews.com/somaliland-turkish-government-bans-18th-may-celebrations/

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
jUm4pH3.jpg

Bohol

VIP
Somaliland region government officials complain.

Somaliland oo ka hadashay Sababta Dowlada Turkigu u diiday in 18 May laga Xuso Ankara

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
Somaliland scares Erdogan
Wallahi I’m not here to start anything during this holy month, but how? Honestly thinking logically, how is Somaliland even a threat. Somalia isn’t a threat either, both places are shit economically and in education.
Wallahi how?
I-

Wallahi I’m not here to start anything during this holy month, but how? Honestly thinking logically, how is Somaliland even a threat. Somalia isn’t a threat either, both places are shit economically and in education.
Wallahi how?
I-
Somalia is their “partner” and Somaliland is a threat to Somalia and Turkis interests in all of Somalia.
Turkey is worried if Somalilanders will celebrate in Turkey Kurds will notice. So it's likely The Turks see Somaliland as a bigger threat than before since they ban celebration. If not they would simply just ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending