Somaliland recognizing Taiwan and vice versa

Now a lot of you were saying this was a terrible idea but I think it was actually brilliant and here's why. While before Somaliland was in a constant limbo the U.S. ordered the two into talks with the goal of union. Now I think it's safe to say they came out of those as the victor. With this move they've drawn the interest of China, despite Taiwan and China having a deal not to steal each other's allies, SL is open to Chinese diplomacy as well. The Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said during his Africa visit he found China's overwhelming presence concerning, well now they've got an incentive to recognize a country with their interests at stake. And I don't have enough time to go into the Law of Union and their ability to leave a country they joined within colonial borders but it's looking increasingly likely they will break away soon.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Now a lot of you were saying this was a terrible idea but I think it was actually brilliant and here's why. While before Somaliland was in a constant limbo the U.S. ordered the two into talks with the goal of union. Now I think it's safe to say they came out of those as the victor. With this move they've drawn the interest of China, despite Taiwan and China having a deal not to steal each other's allies, SL is open to Chinese diplomacy as well. The Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said during his Africa visit he found China's overwhelming presence concerning, well now they've got an incentive to recognize a country with their interests at stake. And I don't have enough time to go into the Law of Union and their ability to leave a country they joined within colonial borders but it's looking increasingly likely they will break away soon.
You're one of the few that gets it.. This was a smart move by Somaliland especially during these US and China dynamics.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
It's important to note that this could potentially backfire on Somaliland :browtf:

What if China and US relations improve :noneck:

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
First of all china sees taiwan as a breakaway region and official chinese territory.
The history of taiwan is different than the origin story of post civil war sl.

the democratic government of china fled the mainland and regrouped in taiwan. Hence why the world sees taiwan as independent or even as the legitimate chinese government at times especially to f*ck with china.

taiwan is protected by us law, the second china attacks taiwan the us comes to the taiwanese rescue. There is no agreement between china and taiwan to not steal each others allies, are you high on khat?

on top of all y’alls office in taiwan is going to be called tapei instead of taiwan to minimize the anger of china. The dutch only changed their representatives office name in taiwan and china got in her feelings and decided to ounish the dutch(the punishment is far from over). Sl is playing with fire, china is for an united somalia. Don’t forget about the old ties between xamar and the chinese.

good luck in engaging china in a diplomatic war, ya’ll will definitely lose. The chinese will probably use the arabs,ethiopians or even the fgs to f*ck ya’ll over.

kulaha smart move, this is the dumbest option available. Did you know that china has veto power in the un, a little secret: it is china who denies taiwan recognition in the un they will just add sl to the list of not letting become sovereign countries.

First of all china sees taiwan as a breakaway region and official chinese territory.

the democratic government of china fled the mainland and regrouped in taiwan. Hence why the world sees taiwan as independent or even as the legitimate chinese government at times especially to f*ck with china.

taiwan is protected by us law, the second china attacks taiwan the us comes to the taiwanese rescue. There is no agreement between china and taiwan to not steal each others allies, are you high on khat?

on top of all y’alls office in taiwan is going to be called tapei instead of taiwan to minimize the anger of china. The dutch only changed their representatives office name in taiwan and china got in her feelings and decided to ounish the dutch(the punishment is far from over). Sl is playing with fire, china is for an united somalia. Don’t forget about the old ties between xamar and the chinese.

good luck in engaging china in a diplomatic war, ya’ll will definitely lose. The chinese will probably use the arabs,ethiopians or even the fgs to f*ck ya’ll over.

kulaha smart move, this is the dumbest option available. Did you know that china has veto power in the un, a little secret: it is china who denies taiwan recognition in the un they will just add sl to the list of not letting become sovereign countries.
Chill dude I'm not a Lander I don't know why you're so invested anyways :browtf:

And the US can independently give recognition, which is the most likely scenario. Otherwise the AU as Africa in general has expressed their support.

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
Chill dude I'm not a Lander I don't know why you're so invested anyways :browtf:

My reer abti are isaaq, and someone had to set the record straight.
I will applause and celebrate somaliland if they get real and start working on creating a developed region for their people. Until then i will be one of the hardest critics. Same goes for my dads side aka reer puntland.

My reer abti are isaaq, and someone had to set the record straight.
I will applause and celebrate somaliland if they get real and start working on creating a developed region for their people. Until then i will be one of the hardest critics. Same goes for my dads side aka reer puntland.
I don't think you realize the difference. It's big. Poorer countries have been swayed by the Chinese in the past. They do it with anyone who befriends the Taiwanese.

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
And the US can independently give recognition, which is the most likely scenario. Otherwise the AU as Africa in general has expressed their support.

it all ends up in the un where china also has veto power. The us is not the only one with veto power. Hell look up the Russians and the way they use their veto power.

They will get something out of this.

Doubt it. They shouldn't have gotten involved.

China has a base in Djibouti...what if they decide to help "stabilize" Somalia by getting rid of the separatists in the north? And then the US/west decides to support Somaliland in a brutal proxy war that destroys our country even further.

Such a stupid move. Should've recognized Western Sahara republic or something else not a world superpower.

476uye.jpg

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
I don't think you realize the difference. It's big. Poorer countries have been swayed by the Chinese in the past. They do it with anyone who befriends the Taiwanese.

yeah but china is not keen on secessionists, have you ever thought about the fact that china has zero interest in sl and just in the regions that sl is made up of that belong to somalia if you get my drift.

they are hardcore unionists to the point that they want to include alot of south asia into their territory aka expand.

have you forgotten about how china is finessing europe with their face masks and ventilators policies. They are even claiming a russian city, started a war with india, messes with american warships and made the european union their . To make it short somaliland has some deadly days ahead, something that was preventable.

yeah but china is not keen on secessionists, have you ever thought about the fact that china has zero interest in sl and just in the regions that sl is made up of that belong to somalia if you get my drift.

they are hardcore unionists to the point that they want to include alot of south asia into their territory aka expand.

have you forgotten about how china is finessing europe with their face masks and ventilators policies. They are even claiming a russian city, started a war with india, messes with american warships and made the european union their *****. To make it short somaliland has some deadly days ahead, something that was preventable.
They were already attempting to isolate them, Taiwan only countered their efforts. I say it's a win-win and the donor's always open to repairing the relationship, or Taiwan regaining China. Either way whatever happens, this was in Somaliland's interests and now it's being brought to Washigton.

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
They were already attempting to isolate them, Taiwan only countered their efforts. I say it's a win-win and the donor's always open to repairing the relationship, or Taiwan regaining China. Either way whatever happens, this was in Somaliland's interests and now it's being brought to Washigton.

it is quite the opposite

Trending

Latest posts