Somaliland Property & Architecture

ZodiaK

VIP
This is one of the best designed houses I have seen anywhere in the Somali pennisula

Architects are finally adding some flair to their designs.

Am actually impressed by the quality of the finishings especially bathroom tiling and caulking which used to be a weakness. This seems to have improved probably as competition between property developers hots up.

Architects are finally adding some flair to their designs.

Am actually impressed by the quality of the finishings especially bathroom tiling and caulking which used to be a weakness. This seems to have improved probably as competition between property developers hots up.

Yeah, I can definitely see the improvement over the last 10 years.

My friend built a house in Hargeisa with Somproperty a few years ago, and he told me the finishing was horrible at the time. Things falling out of place and finishing not done properly

I think now the competition is good, they have picked up their game.

ZodiaK

VIP

My friend built a house in Hargeisa with Somproperty a few years ago, and he told me the finishing was horrible at the time. Things falling out of place and finishing not done properly

LOL and they've hired foreign workers!

1671700648944.png

Property developers have had to improve standards mainly due their clientele, now being predominantly diaspora, demanding better. They had to hire capable foreign workers.

Gone are the days of just building a house out of bricks, mortar and cementing it and painting and being done with it. People now require plasterboard roofs with intricate designs and lighting, floor to ceiling tiled bathroom and kitchens with with units!

1671700266000.png

Hill Development Inc
1671700357109.png

Last edited:

My mom's side of the family is from SL and when I went there in 2019 I saw the house Somproperty built for my habo. They were furious apparently the company subcontracts everything so the quality of everything is consistent. Also, the company cheaps out on the foundation of the house everything looks nice but fragile even the walls seemed kind of hollow. They also put their logo on the house fence which we did not ask for nor agree with.
I don't think this construction company existed when I was there in 2019 from what I can see is that they are consistent across their homes and this is my favourite exterior nice and simple and the interior of their homes reminds me of something I would see in the gulf not in Hargeisa.
This house by the same company I am not really a fan of the exterior too many unnecessary things going on, but the people back home have a different taste than me. As mentioned the interior is very high quality across the homes that you have posted and the ones on their youtube channel and I doubt their clients will have problems with it, unlike the Somproperty clients.

Trending