Somaliland President Muse Bihi is given a 2 year term extension

I say to reer SL, you should improve the political system of your state and make a constitutional amendment that bans extending the president's term. If elections can't be held on time then the president should automatically at the end of his term be replaced by the vice president/speaker

It was the SL's electoral commission who issued a memorandum and stated they couldn't hold the election within the time they were slotted to hold the election. The Guurti (Senate) then had no choice but to extend the President and his government's tenure for 2 years.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It was the SL's electoral commission who issued a memorandum and stated they couldn't hold the election within the time they were slotted to hold the election. The Guurti (Senate) then had no choice but to extend the President and his government's tenure for 2 years.

The real reason is Muse said why can't extend 2 years when every other president has. The electoral commission then stamped it's approval

The real reason is Muse said why can't extend 2 years when every other president has. The electoral commission then stamped it's approval

If Muuse Biixi said that and the Guurti and Electoral Commission agreed with him, then he outplayed everyone.

But from stability perspective, it is a good news. The whole debate about the extension is behind us, and from this point each party should aim for the upcoming election.

Ethiopia actually did the same until the last election, so for many countries stability is more important than holding the election on time.

Laa xawla, no one wants another 2 years of corruption and lawlessness, muuse avujahal would get a tough time trying to enjoy another 2 years of corruption and looting spree

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
I heard Guurti got their own extensions, true?
They did themselves the little favor of adding 5 years laandheer laandheer dhalay let my g @Vito Rizutto eat.

jack black salute GIF

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala
But no point bragging about holding "elections" on time when you don't even have 1P1V to begin with 💀
On another thread your going to boast about about how you have 0 cuqdad towards Puntland, you remind me of trump when he said “I don’t have a racist bone in my body”, admit it already!

Admit It Season 3 GIF by Animal Kingdom on TNT

Except every SL President, every SL Parliament, Every SL Guurti has had their term extended since 1993.....

I guess all SL politicians are alpha males...

:lolbron: :lolbron:
The key difference is, muuse biixi will actually win the next election. He will be the first somaliland president to have two terms.

Trending

Latest posts