Somaliland offers US military sea port access.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Lol, anything for recognition? From offering underage girls to UK MPs to a Sea port to Ethiopia( Zaylac) and now an airfield to the US.:damn:

Somalilanders at this moment would spread their buttcheeks for an attention, War waxaan Tuugsi ajaanibta may naga joojiyaa and sit with their kinfolks in Mogadishu rather than making themselves world's laughing stock.:camby::childplease:

The Emirati military base at Berbera was/is actually an American and British-backed installation.
There is also an American military installation in Bari region (Bosaso). There is also an American military installation in some of the islands in Jubbaland. There are also already bases in Halane and Balidoogle. The American military also earmarked Hobyo as a future military base to watch over the Uranium in Galguduud region. So in essence American military are already all over Somalia.

Coming back to the story, both Nagy Jr [the former Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs] and Peter Pham are hired lobbyists for Somaliland's efforts to get recognition from the US. So it does seem to me this is a paid story from that angle.

During the time of GWB Junior presidency, Bob Gates, the former secretary of defense for the US, tried to get the US military base to be moved from DJibouti to Berbera after he met with Meles Zenawi. The Ethiopian leader at the time was driving Americans to help the recognition of Somaliland as a separate country. So he used his close relationship with the US to drive that effort. And that is where he convinced Bob Gates to take up the case with the rest of US policy makers. He was blocked by Condoleezza Rice, who was the secretary of state at the time. Therefore, unless there is a policy shift from Washington, there won't be a much change because of whatever issue they have with Farmaajo.

And btw, the West's issue with Farmaajo have nothing to do with the election as the story alleges. They just don't like his close relationship with Turkey and what else he could do had the development of capable Somali security forces continues. If the Somali government becomes secure in Mogadishu and south central Somalia, the West is not so sure about what direction that government will take.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
If international recognition is guaranteed and they sort out the issues in the eastern regions then I don’t see a problem with this. I’d do the same to attain recognition for Somali Galbeed.

In my opinion, the more independent somali states the better. Clearly, Somalia is not working, so an independent Djibouti, Somaliland, hopefully Somali Galbeed and etc. can serve as alternative bases for consolidation of wealth and investment for the Somali people of the horn.

The Emirati military base at Berbera was/is actually an American and British-backed installation.
There is also an American military installation in Bari region (Bosaso). There is also an American military installation in some of the islands in Jubbaland. There are also already bases in Halane and Balidoogle. The American military also earmarked Hobyo as a future military base to watch over the Uranium in Galguduud region. So in essence American military are already all over Somalia.

Coming back to the story, both Nagy Jr [the former Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs] and Peter Pham are hired lobbyists for Somaliland's efforts to get recognition from the US. So it does seem to me this is a paid story from that angle.

During the time of GWB Junior presidency, Bob Gates, the former secretary of defense for the US, tried to get the US military base to be moved from DJibouti to Berbera after he met with Meles Zenawi. The Ethiopian leader at the time was driving Americans to help the recognition of Somaliland as a separate country. So he used his close relationship with the US to drive that effort. And that is where he convinced Bob Gates to take up the case with the rest of US policy makers. He was blocked by Condoleezza Rice, who was the secretary of state at the time. Therefore, unless there is a policy shift from Washington, there won't be a much change because of whatever issue they have with Farmaajo.

And btw, the West's issue with Farmaajo have nothing to do with the election as the story alleges. They just don't like his close relationship with Turkey and what else he could do had the development of capable Somali security forces continues. If the Somali government becomes secure in Mogadishu and south central Somalia, the West is not so sure about what direction that government will take.

JSL recognition is supported by the more DoD and the hawkish wings of the foreign policy establishment. The multilateralist internationalists want reunification between JSL and SFG aka SomaliaItaliana.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If international recognition is guaranteed and they sort out the issues in the eastern regions then I don’t see a problem with this. I’d do the same to attain recognition for Somali Galbeed.

In my opinion, the more independent somali states the better. Clearly, Somalia is not working, so an independent Djibouti, Somaliland, hopefully Somali Galbeed and etc. can serve as alternative bases for consolidation of wealth and investment for the Somali people of the horn.

Reunification will happen as SomaliaItaliana gets a functioning central government. If JSL and SFG sadly agree to formalize seperation, there will be no careveouts for the northernJabartis in easternSool/Badhan nnor the northernIrir in Awdal. Neither Muqdisho nor Hargeysa will agree to a formal seperation with a modified border. Ask @Mckenzie why southernIrir would ask Isaaq to let Jabartis minority change borders but not Irir while giving up the most valuable assets like Berbera

I hope the u.s takes it . My brothers from somaliland dont waste time on waiting for the failed state of Somalia to get back on its feet . We have mental patients here in Somalia who yearn for another dictatorship and never ending zero sum games .

I hope the u.s takes it . My brothers from somaliland dont waste time on waiting for the failed state of Somalia to get back on its feet . We have mental patients here in Somalia who yearn for another dictatorship and never ending zero sum games .

Reunification is good for both the North and South. JSL will accept reunification under better terms than the 1960 Law ofUnion between Somalland andSomalia which SomalilaItaliana has been violating the beginning

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
JSL recognition is supported by the more DoD and the hawkish wings of the foreign policy establishment. The multilateralist internationalists want reunification between JSL and SFG aka SomaliaItaliana.

Reunification will happen as SomaliaItaliana gets a functioning central government. If JSL and SFG sadly agree to formalize seperation, there will be no careveouts for the northernJabartis in easternSool/Badhan nnor the northernIrir in Awdal. Neither Muqdisho nor Hargeysa will agree to a formal seperation with a modified border. Ask @Mckenzie why southernIrir would ask Isaaq to let Jabartis minority change borders but not Irir while giving up the most valuable assets like Berbera

I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing. I just meant that if Somaliland sorts out the issues in the eastern regions, as in they manage to convince those clans to support their view, then that’s one less thing to worry about.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP

Reunification is good for both the North and South. JSL will accept reunification under better terms than the 1960 Law ofUnion between Somalland andSomalia which SomalilaItaliana has been violating the beginning

In an ideal world that’s true. A union between all Somali states would be even better. However, reunification with the current Somali government changes nothing.

:trash::trash:

Sorry buds I rather not share a nation with you qaldaanis and the jabartis . We can live as Muslim neighbours 👍🏼👍🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🌿🌿✊🏼✊🏼

I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing. I just meant that if Somaliland sorts out the issues in the eastern regions, as in they manage to convince those clans to support their view, then that’s one less thing to worry about.

The North has 3 major regions/lineages. Isaaqistan, Jabartiland, and Irirland. The biggest say in whether Muqdisho recognizes JSL independence belongs to southernIrir and Raxanweyn. Jabartiland wont be an issue if Isaaqistan is allowed to leave. You cant be expecting southernIrir forget about northernIrir but throw Jabartiland as the hurdle for recognition. But we both agee that a premature reunificaiton between JSL and the dysfunctional SFG might be problematic

:trash::trash:

Sorry buds I rather not share a nation with you qaldaanis and the jabartis . We can live as Muslim neighbours 👍🏼👍🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🌿🌿✊🏼✊🏼

Are you going to formally recognize PL undeclared soverignty and evict the other Jabartis in JL? What about RX, Gosha, Barwaani, and other nonIrir communities

Trending