Somaliland needs to change its name

It has nothing to do with the name.
The trend with the Somalians is, anything to do with Somaliland, hate it extremely. These people are not mentally stable mate:noneck:

listen dabaalyahow, you can search the ends of earths all you want....but you will never find two adjacent countries with homogenous populations where one has a ripoff name. Iceland does not have a country next to it called "Icelandia".

Just because we think your clan project is retarded & hopeless doesn't mean we hate you. Hate is 100% onesided. It is not us who are internationally renowned beggars.

The trend with the Somalians is, anything to do with Somaliland, hate it extremely. These people are not mentally stable mate:noneck:
Somalianlanders playing victim as usual as if yall arent the ones who celebrate bombings of moqadishu :gucciwhat:

Create somalianlandspot & leave us alone :trumpsmirk:

Gokboru

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Point noted.

Gokboru

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Somalianlanders playing victim as usual as if yall arent the ones who celebrate bombings of moqadishu :gucciwhat:

Create somalianlandspot & leave us alone :trumpsmirk:
Oh boy! It is Somali spot. Last I checked we were also Somalis. I own the name as much as you do. lol

perhaps create one for your qabiil only and maybe we will leave you alone 😁

Apollo

VIP
I have to go with french and Arabic as the top beautiful languages in the world. French was always rated above Italian and although gulf Arabic isn't rated as much, I think it's one of the most gorgeous languages.

Nah man, Italian is 10x better sounding than French.

French while it is not the worst sounding language, it sometimes sounds annoying, nasally.

Arabic can sound aggressive.

Italian sounds sing-songy and vowelly, IMO, my personal favorite language when it comes to sound.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
somal is the correct name. the somali name for india should be hind like arabic. because indians are called hindi. just like somalis are called somali. because the name should be somal. -ia -land are foreign suffixes.
We are not Somali we are Reer Somal, we do not speak Af Somali we speak Af Somal. Somali literally means "from Somal" so how the hell do you speak "from Somal" it does not makes sense, we are from Somal not from Somalia which literally means land of Somal lol so if you say you are from Somalia you are literally saying you are from from place of Somal which is double. You are right the root word is Somal, but even the suffix -i is of arabic origin and not at all found anywhere else in our language.

We can attach shit to Somal the root word to turn the name into adjectives thats how we get Af Somal, Rer Somal etc we have used Somaleed and Somaloow before which can be used in other nounes Wiil, Wiileed Wiilo Walaal, Walaalo, Walaale, we even refer to people groups like Gaalo, Amxaaro, Adoomo etc using the but its confusing because we use both feminine and masculine

The nephew of Shire Jaamac is actually working on standardizing and modernizing the Somali language, it has been abused and bastardized for the last 30 years it needs a facelift. That can only happen with literature using standardized grammer.

listen dabaalyahow, you can search the ends of earths all you want....but you will never find two adjacent countries with homogenous populations where one has a ripoff name. Iceland does not have a country next to it called "Icelandia".

Just because we think your clan project is retarded & hopeless doesn't mean we hate you. Hate is 100% onesided. It is not us who are internationally renowned beggars.

Our clan project is basically the fruits of defeating your Clan , so we always consider you as our enemies. You can pretend what ever you want , but this project Will always remind you the defeat of your uncle afwayne. 😀

reer

VIP
We are not Somali we are Reer Somal, we do not speak Af Somali we speak Af Somal. Somali literally means "from Somal" so how the hell do you speak "from Somal" it does not makes sense, we are from Somal not from Somalia which literally means land of Somal lol so if you say you are from Somalia you are literally saying you are from from place of Somal which is double. You are right the root word is Somal, but even the suffix -i is of arabic origin and not at all found anywhere else in our language.

We can attach shit to Somal the root word to turn the name into adjectives thats how we get Af Somal, Rer Somal etc we have used Somaleed and Somaloow before which can be used in other nounes Wiil, Wiileed Wiilo Walaal, Walaalo, Walaale, we even refer to people groups like Gaalo, Amxaaro, Adoomo etc using the but its confusing because we use both feminine and masculine

The nephew of Shire Jaamac is actually working on standardizing and modernizing the Somali language, it has been abused and bastardized for the last 30 years it needs a facelift. That can only happen with literature using standardized grammer.
arabic is a fellow afroasiatic language. we would share some similarities. aabo ab. ana ana. etc. the -i suffix could be from arabic as a denonym. the -i suffix is also in indo aryan languages like pashto and persian. irani (persian) kabuli panjshiri (pashto). because it probably is from arabic. those languages are further from arabic than somali. the -i suffix is easier to use as a demonym. there should be a somali language commission that mass borrows from persian and arabic scientific vocabulary.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
arabic is a fellow afroasiatic language. we would share some similarities. aabo ab. ana ana. etc. the -i suffix could be from arabic as a denonym. the -i suffix is also in indo aryan languages like pashto and persian. irani (persian) kabuli panjshiri (pashto). because it probably is from arabic. those languages are further from arabic than somali. the -i suffix is easier to use as a demonym. there should be a somali language commission that mass borrows from persian and arabic scientific vocabulary.
I actually have issue with borrowing from foreign languages because I want to keep our language as authentic and Somali as possible, and its very easy to do, we have an incredibly vast vocab and versatile grammar, we just need to have as you said a language commission tasked with keeping the order and maintaining the language prune it where its necessary and make it even more competitive in Business and Science. Arabic is part of Afro-Asiatic language family, it can fit in easily with Somali but the order should always be.
1. Reuse old Somali words not in use anymore and perhaps modernize them
2. Create new words compound words from Somali and Cushetic languages
3. Borrow and heavily Somalize Afro-asiatic words.

somalipatriot

Unfortunately, therefore lack of any wisdom
Yet fast majority of Somalis are copying our makings . We are role model for all progressive Somalis .
If only the snm had overthrown barre instead of usc who had no plan and started interfighting with themselves after Ali Mahdi was declared president and Omar artes Ghalib the prime minister 24 January 1991 by barre before his departure until may 1993 aidid thirst for power is what destroyed Mogadishu’s infrastructure and the cause of the famine 1992 had he chosen the peaceful way things would be for the better but it wasn’t meant to be

reer

VIP
I actually have issue with borrowing from foreign languages because I want to keep our language as authentic and Somali as possible, and its very easy to do, we have an incredibly vast vocab and versatile grammar, we just need to have as you said a language commission tasked with keeping the order and maintaining the language prune it where its necessary and make it even more competitive in Business and Science. Arabic is part of Afro-Asiatic language family, it can fit in easily with Somali but the order should always be.
1. Reuse old Somali words not in use anymore and perhaps modernize them
2. Create new words compound words from Somali and Cushetic languages
3. Borrow and heavily Somalize Afro-asiatic words.
2. somali is the only industrialized and the most developed and sophisticated cushitic language due to the 70s and 80s. and possibly the most archived. we have no cushitic languages to borrow from. because no offense but somali is more sophisticated than oromo and afar. forget arabic because it is no longer a language of higher education in arab countries. but when you compare somali to persian the latter is much more sophisticated. somali has none more sophisticated cushitic languages to borrow from. @Apollo and afroasiatic languages are not used for science and arts. so therefore somali should mass borrow from persian.

Apollo

VIP
2. somali is the only industrialized and the most developed and sophisticated cushitic language due to the 70s and 80s. and possibly the most archived. we have no cushitic languages to borrow from. because no offense but somali is more sophisticated than oromo and afar. forget arabic because it is no longer a language of higher education in arab countries. but when you compare somali to persian the latter is much more sophisticated. somali has none more sophisticated cushitic languages to borrow from. @Apollo and afroasiatic languages are not used for science and arts. so therefore somali should mass borrow from persian.

You can create tons of sophisticated words from simple words.

German often does this through compounding words. Downside is that words become long, but upside is that with a limited set of words you can create a huge amount of new words.

By the way, you dismissed Arabic too easily. I think it is more natural for Somali to borrow from Modern Standard Arabic over Persian. It is phonetically more suitable. Persian got a weird sound pattern that most Somalis would butcher and Iranians would laugh at, with Arabic less so.

If only the snm had overthrown barre instead of usc who had no plan and started interfighting with themselves after Ali Mahdi was declared president and Omar artes Ghalib the prime minister 24 January 1991 by barre before his departure until may 1993 aidid thirst for power is what destroyed Mogadishu’s infrastructure and the cause of the famine 1992 had he chosen the peaceful way things would be for the better but it wasn’t meant to be

No matter what , for us caydidiid is Mujaajihid. Period. Any one who says caydid was not a mujahid is a traitor

Trending

Latest posts