Somaliland improving food security with new agricultural scheme and silos

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP

The first harvest of cereals from an agricultural scheme aimed at boosting production and ensuring food security in Somaliland is finding its way into newly constructed grain silos.

Somaliland, which remains perennially food insecure, unveiled the 767-hectare schemes to grow a variety of crops such as wheat, millet, maize, beans and sesame several months ago.

The seasonal emergency livelihood project which comprises three divisions is carried out in Tog-Wajale, Beir and Hahi localities.

It follows on from the recent severe drought, in which thousands were displaced and many lost their livelihoods.

Awdal, Woqooyi-Galbeed, Togdheer, Sool and Sanaag regions recorded the highest number of people facing emergency, with Awdal leading with 70,000 people.

In March, the Somaliland ministry of agriculture established the National Cereals and Produce Board and built silos to store food harvested from the agricultural schemes.

Mowlid Hassan Abdi, the head of the project, told Radio Ergo that the farming project funded by Somaliland government in collaboration with development partners was set at a cost of $300,000.

The cereals from the first harvest are being stored in the silos to strengthen community resilience in times of crisis.
“We made our first harvest two weeks ago. We harvested six tonnes of millet and wheat. The project is meant to deal with the droughts and food shortages caused by climate change,”Mowlidsaid.

The project targets feeding residents of three regions: Marodijeh, Togdher and Awdal. Mohamed Dahir, an officer from the agriculture ministry, said the government would release this food from the silos during periods of drought to meet food shortage. Most of the food will be distributed to pastoralists. The stems from the grain crops will be used as livestock fodder.

Mohamed Dahir, an agriculturalist, said this would help fill the food gap in Somaliland and would enable the government to better support IDPs, nomads and those affected by recurrent drought.

“This will reduce displacement of people because if the government distributes food to the affected area nobody will flee from his home,” he told Radio Ergo.

Adan Igal, who lost his livestock to the drought in 2016, welcomed the initiatives by the Somaliland government saying the project will help many people to alternative food sources.

“I was displaced by drought. We had been surviving on little food distributed by aid agencies. I would not have fled if there had been such project earlier,” said Adan, who now lives in an IDP camp in Gar-adag village in Sanag region.

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
Fock Muse Bixi and his blatant qabyalad. He promised his government would start farming in 3 regions
Wajaale - gabiley region
Xaaxin - oodwayne region
Beer - burco region

They already started harvesting in wajaale. I don’t know about xaaxin. But nothing has happened so far in beer. Just empty promises.

Fock Muse Bixi and his blatant qabyalad. He promised his government would start farming in 3 regions
Wajaale - gabiley region
Xaaxin - oodwayne region
Beer - burco region

They already started harvesting in wajaale. I don’t know about xaaxin. But nothing has happened so far in beer. Just empty promises.

Who said to you nothing happened in Beer?

This is Beer and the on going agriculture and harvesting project

700 Hectares in Beer

sEgmirw.jpg

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
Who said to you nothing happened in Beer?

This is Beer and the on going agriculture and harvesting project

700 Hectares in Beer

sEgmirw.jpg

Anigu marba Muse Shani u naagle naag yahow.

Muse Bixi did nothing for degmada beer. He made a lot of fake promises. He just cleared some land that belongs to the people of beer. Muse did not even pay the bill for the tractors. He decided to farm in his town wajaale. The people of beer are still waiting and nothing has been done.
Now go away and run to muse Bixi.

Anigu marba Muse Shani u naagle naag yahow.

Muse Bixi did nothing for degmada beer. He made a lot of fake promises. He just cleared some land that belongs to the people of beer. Muse did not even pay the bill for the tractors. He decided to farm in his town wajaale. The people of beer are still waiting and nothing has been done.
Now go away and run to muse Bixi.

Are you blind? That videos you posted was way before the one I posted,

You can see with your own eyes that the project is on going.

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
Aniga muse shani hay xayaysiin. I’m get to see a single thing he’s done for eastern somaliland. Nothing has changed in beer nothing has been planted. Yet his home town wajaale has already finished harvesting.
He also decided to give gobalada bariga sool, Sanaag and togdheer 40 scholarships out of 300. Maroodi jeex getting 220, which his home region gabiley got 40+ scholarships. That is more than all 3 eastern regions combined.
Muse Bixi also gave most ministers, best positions to his clan. Head of Supreme Court, head of military are all his clan. Muse shani has ruined SL and turned it into a 1 clan family business.
He managed to achieve this in 1 year. Imagine another 4 years of muse shani

:susp:

NICE NICE NICE!

I love that somalis are starting to focus on farms. We need small industries and some good ports and we can fully sustain oursleves

GOOD JOB!

Aniga muse shani hay xayaysiin. I’m get to see a single thing he’s done for eastern somaliland. Nothing has changed in beer nothing has been planted. Yet his home town wajaale has already finished harvesting.
He also decided to give gobalada bariga sool, Sanaag and togdheer 40 scholarships out of 300. Maroodi jeex getting 220, which his home region gabiley got 40+ scholarships. That is more than all 3 eastern regions combined.
Muse Bixi also gave most ministers, best positions to his clan. Head of Supreme Court, head of military are all his clan. Muse shani has ruined SL and turned it into a 1 clan family business.
He managed to achieve this in 1 year. Imagine another 4 years of muse shani

:susp:

lol, they trying to give themselves a head start..

for some to be rich, others have too be poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts