Should somaliland's request be accepted

• Yes

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I don't know/care

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
You can go and research the topic if you like I already gave you the term you need to look for.
Vine Ok GIF

The answer is really simple.

The money from foreign donors is meant for all people and territorities constituting the country formerly known as Somalia. This would include the territorities and inhabitants of the independent of the Republic of Somaliland.

Somaliland has never taken money routed through Mogadishu except on one occassion in 2022. Otherwise, Somaliland has left what is its rightful share of that money on the table for many years now.

Now sovereignty and foreign aid is an interesting mix. Does foreign aid confer sovereignty if it's routed through certain jurisdictions first or is just a smoke screen and pale illusion of sovereignty. I will cover this topic in the next newsletter for the Movement to Balkanize Somalia. The topic is specifically - the sovereignty gap.
A blatant lie and easily disproven

Somaliland flies out on Somali diplomatic passports (or Djiboutian), they take their share from Xamar, etc.

The 'we are sovereign' game is for miskeen citizens who have been deluded for 33 years with the carrot dangled in front of them that is 'ictiraaf iyo barwaaqo'- unfortunately neither will be coming any time soon for them.

A blatant lie and easily disproven

Somaliland flies out on Somali diplomatic passports (or Djiboutian), they take their share from Xamar, etc.

The 'we are sovereign' game is for miskeen citizens who have been deluded for 33 years with the carrot dangled in front of them that is 'ictiraaf iyo barwaaqo'- unfortunately neither will be coming any time soon for them.

Can you provide some proof?

Can you provide some proof?
Here is the UK Parliament's Official Hansard Record- took less than 30 seconds to find.

As of at least two years ago, Gavin Williamson one of their main promoters says that 'for so long international development aid has been channelled through Mogadishu'

As for the passports, it is common sense that an unrecognised entity will not have its passports accepted.

Last edited:
Here is the UK Parliament's Official Hansard Record- took less than 30 seconds to find.

As of at least two years ago, Gavin Williamson one of their main promoters says that 'for so long international development aid has been channelled through Mogadishu'

As for the passports, it is common sense that an unrecognised entity will not have its passports accepted and it is common knowledge.

You are talking about COVID vaccines? Is that a yearly event?

I'm talking about cash money. I can't speak for non-cash one off items like COVID vaccines. It would make sense that there's no specific mechanism for these things.

Somaliland passport can take you many places you can just look that up.

Besides all of that the summation of your argument is that sovereignty is tied up in paper work and money. Sovereignty isn't tied up in paper work and money otherwise Somalia wouldn't be in the position it is.

More on this topic next week in the newsletter.

You are talking about COVID vaccines? Is that a yearly event?

I'm talking about cash money. I can't speak for non-cash one off items like COVID vaccines. It would make sense that there's no specific mechanism for these things.

Somaliland passport can take you many places you can just look that up.

Besides all of that the summation of your argument is that sovereignty is tied up in paper work and money. Sovereignty isn't tied up in paper work and money otherwise Somalia wouldn't be in the position it is.

More on this topic next week in the newsletter.
He cited it as an example are you illiterate?

The point made was general.

Somaliland passport can't take you anywhere not Narnia nor the moon nor the Jinn's kingdoms

As for the passports, it is common sense that an unrecognised entity will not have its passports accepted.
I’ve had numerous “debates” with this chap. There is no point in trying to reason or explain anything to this legend. He’s either a troll or a stubborn old fool. Just look at the shite this man spews, I can’t decide if it’s funny or just sad Wallahi.

He cited it as an example are you illiterate?

The point made was general.

Somaliland passport can't take you anywhere not Narnia nor the moon nor the Jinn's kingdoms

He is right in talking about aid that it is going through Mogadishu - your argument is that Somaliland takes it. I said Somaliland doesn't take cash aid.
You point to the example of COVID vaccines? That's literally a one off event.

Don't let hate deny you reality.

This forum feeds off delusions

Walahi it is not me who is deluded.

You know the truth as well as I do. The source I gave you is an official governmental one- odayga Gavin is a neutral gaal he has no reason to make an argument that goes against the people paying him? Capische?

If you weren't so stubborn you have some interesting points but I can't discuss with someone who doesn't live on the same planet as us.

Whatever you wish for Somaliland to be, denying reality will not bring ictiraf !

Why would Somaliland ask in 2024 for direct aid if it already had it?

Last edited:
Walahi it is not me who is deluded.

You know the truth as well as I do. The source I gave you is an official governmental one- odayga Gavin is a neutral gaal he has no reason to make an argument that goes against the people paying him? Capische?

If you weren't so stubborn you have some interesting points but I can't discuss with someone who doesn't live on the same planet as us.

Whatever you wish for Somaliland to be, denying reality will not bring ictiraf !

Let's break down the point just to satisfy you.

Gavin said aid goes through Mogadishu. He is correct.
Since 2016 the Special arrangement hasn't been renewed. Has Somaliland taken cash payments from Mogadishu since that time? How often and how much? I said it happened once can your prove it happened more often?

Other types of aid, financing and projects are still done but they go through the Somaliland Government as well as the Government in Mogadishu.

Now, like I said the broad point you are making is this - because Mogadishu controls some financial and legal levers it is the authority in the country. This point is highly debatable. It's a topic in and of itself.

Let's break down the point just to satisfy you.

Gavin said aid goes through Mogadishu. He is correct.
Since 2016 the Special arrangement hasn't been renewed. Has Somaliland taken cash payments from Mogadishu since that time? How often and how much? I said it happened once can your prove it happened more often?

Other types of aid, financing and projects are still done but they go through the Somaliland Government as well as the Government in Mogadishu.

Now, like I said the broad point you are making is this - because Mogadishu controls some financial and legal levers it is the authority in the country. This point is highly debatable. It's a topic in and of itself.
Let me put it in lame man terms for you ok.SL doesn’t get or receive any aid, non zero zilch because they are an unrecognised country . Ok you still with me, all foreign aid goes to Somalia all of it 💯 percent of it. Hope I haven’t lost you, the “aid” that SL get is because your part of the federation my son. Ok that was hard work, but I’m glad we got there. Good talk.

Let me put it in lame man terms for you ok.SL doesn’t get or receive any aid, non zero zilch because they are an unrecognised country . Ok you still with me, all foreign aid goes to Somalia all of it 💯 percent of it. Hope I haven’t lost you, the “aid” that SL get is because your part of the federation my son. Ok that was hard work, but I’m glad we got there. Good talk.

Do you think the UK or anyone looking at the map of Somalia is thinking like this?

Their thoughts are about Stabilizing the territory whether it's one country or ten countries.

They will work with whomever to deliver the aid which helps their goals of avoiding radicalisation and humanitarian disasters and refugee flows.

The Government in Mogadishu is trying to use aid to increase it's legitimacy, to make it seem more like a sovereign governement - there's two types of sovereignty de facto and de jure and you need both. Service delivery helps a government become defacto that's why they are so desperate to politicize aid.

You seem to be saying that this legal entity called Somalia has power vested in it just because but it doesn't - most people working with Somalia look passed it except when the paper pushers in Mogadishu make a really big noise about then they have to back off to avoid the appearance of meddling.

You could have just waited for the newsletter, it will be much more indepth than this explanation.

Last edited:
He is right in talking about aid that it is going through Mogadishu - your argument is that Somaliland takes it. I said Somaliland doesn't take cash aid.
You point to the example of COVID vaccines? That's literally a one off event.

>Baxnaano

The ongoing welfare programme that is Mogadishu led and aims to support the poorest and most vulnerable households in Somalia.

It was implemented with Somaliland outward rejection of it. The programmes implementation also progressed Somalia's debt relief.

>Baxnaano

The ongoing welfare programme that is Mogadishu led and aims to support the poorest and most vulnerable households in Somalia.

It was also implemented with Somaliland outward rejection of it.

Some things slip through the net here and there and what's the harm in the end?

Some aid going through Mogadishu isn't suddenly going to make them a real governemnt. They will evaporate just like the Afghan government did when the outside help dries up.

Actually that's you.

They hide in a bunker for a reason. That should tell you everything you need to know.
And exactly what am I coping about? You're on a whole other level of delusion.

What does it say about Somaliland if they are directly receiving Aid through a 'bunker government'? Even your ilk @bhlub accepts the reality.

And exactly what am I coping about? You're on a whole other level of delusion.

What does it say about Somaliland if they are directly receiving Aid through a 'bunker government'? Even your ilk @bhlub accepts the reality.

Does the man of the house hide in the basement?

It's really simple

Trending