Votes: 11 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I don't know/care

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

IKHALIIL

Suldhaanka
Hargeisa (HOL) —The breakaway Republic Somaliland has issued a formal request to international donors, urging them to channel donations directly to it instead of through the Somali government. This appeal was articulated in a detailed letter from Somaliland's Ministry of Planning, led by Ahmed Mohamed Diriye (Toorno), Minister of Planning and National Development.

The letter emphasizes working directly with the Government of Somaliland in accordance with established international aid protocols. "We acknowledge and appreciate the ongoing support of our partners," he said, "and must underline the critical need for direct interaction through official channels, which is consistent with international guidelines on aid."

Minister Diriye's correspondence also stressed that international aid should remain neutral and not be influenced by political conflicts. It should focus on uplifting the well-being of all individuals, including vulnerable groups, irrespective of their political affiliations. Despite lacking formal diplomatic recognition, the letter points out that many states have successfully received aid through special arrangements.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
1713988161164.png

What happened to the direct aid agreement people on here were peddling? 💀
FCO FOI reference: 0328-17 – Digest of Information to be Released
Somaliland background briefing, 2015

Foreign Secretary visit briefing, June 2016

1. The UK played a leading role in the establishment of the New Deal Compact. In 2012-13 the UK and EU hosted high-level conferences in London and Brussels to coordinate international support.. Donors pledged £1.6bn and spend has exceeded this by 33%. Donors also agreed to a Somaliland Special Arrangement in recognition of Somaliland’s autonomous status.

--------------------------------

After Somalia enacted legislation against DP World, Mogadishu and Hargeisa hardened their respective positions. Foreign aid delivery became a battleground. In June 2018, Mogadishu opposed a donors’ proposal to renew the Somaliland “special arrangement”, which came into force in 2013 and expired in 2016, and which permitted donors to bypass Mogadishu (the normal channel for delivering aid to the federal member states) and send assistance directly to Hargeisa. The Farmajo government expressed concern that “singling out an individual state or region for special arrangements could have serious impact on the efforts to deepen federalism and nation-building”. Western donors pushed back, arguing that Somaliland’s “special circumstances” merited a different approach. Hargeisa viewed Mogadishu’s opposition to formal renewal of the “special arrangement” as a hostile act.

---------------------------------

TLDR: Muh Sovereignty said some Mogadishu bunker dwellers

Working with them directly and not through the government is essentially the same as recognizing the illegal entity in hargeisa, so absolutely not. Any UN body that attempts this should be declared persona non grata. The federal government can make sure each place in the north gets their money like awdal, khatumo, waqooyi galbeed, and toghdeer. If they gave it directly to them the awdal and khatumo wouldn’t see a penny.

Working with them directly and not through the government is essentially the same as recognizing the illegal entity in hargeisa, so absolutely not. Any UN body that attempts this should be declared persona non grata. The federal government can make sure each place in the north gets their money like awdal, khatumo, waqooyi galbeed, and toghdeer. If they gave it directly to them the awdal and khatumo wouldn’t see a penny.

Khatumo won't see a penny while occupied by wild militias and the rest is pure fantasy.

Lascaanood will see it's share when the time comes.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
Khaatumo and Awdal admins doesn’t exist except in your tiny head. SL rules majority of the country and the tribal coalition of terrorists only speaks for empty Eastern Sool despite not having any semblance of an administration in that lawless part of Sool.

The intl community aren’t morons and have intelligence agencies that give them a good picture of what’s going on. Eastern Sool/Jabarti Twitter propaganda won’t sway the West. Also what makes you think money won’t be stolen in Xamar? Nigga really thinks holy men work for the Somalian govt in Xamar, half the admin there is on Shabaab payroll.

Khaatumo and Awdal admins doesn’t exist except in your tiny head. SL rules majority of the country and the tribal coalition of terrorists doesn’t only speaks for empty Eastern Sool despite not having any semblance of an administration in that lawless part of Sool.
Grassroots movement of governance is beginning there, you think hargeisa became competent overnight? They had to secure their areas first, day by day sool hires new doctors, soldiers, experts, and builders for the purpose of state building. UN and these other aid agencies speak to khatumo to learn the reality on the ground, if they took your word for it laascanood would be in anarchy.

FCO FOI reference: 0328-17 – Digest of Information to be Released
Somaliland background briefing, 2015

Foreign Secretary visit briefing, June 2016

1. The UK played a leading role in the establishment of the New Deal Compact. In 2012-13 the UK and EU hosted high-level conferences in London and Brussels to coordinate international support.. Donors pledged £1.6bn and spend has exceeded this by 33%. Donors also agreed to a Somaliland Special Arrangement in recognition of Somaliland’s autonomous status.

--------------------------------

After Somalia enacted legislation against DP World, Mogadishu and Hargeisa hardened their respective positions. Foreign aid delivery became a battleground. In June 2018, Mogadishu opposed a donors’ proposal to renew the Somaliland “special arrangement”, which came into force in 2013 and expired in 2016, and which permitted donors to bypass Mogadishu (the normal channel for delivering aid to the federal member states) and send assistance directly to Hargeisa. The Farmajo government expressed concern that “singling out an individual state or region for special arrangements could have serious impact on the efforts to deepen federalism and nation-building”. Western donors pushed back, arguing that Somaliland’s “special circumstances” merited a different approach. Hargeisa viewed Mogadishu’s opposition to formal renewal of the “special arrangement” as a hostile act.

---------------------------------

TLDR: Muh Sovereignty said some Mogadishu bunker dwellers
Bro how can you say you’re independent, and then beg for your portion of the aid 😂😂 Wallahi you a lot are funny. Independent kulaha 💀

You are the master of creating fallacies, I merely made a statement, on more than one Occassion might I add. Yet you can’t seem to answer my question, are you not from an independent country, if that’s the case why compromise your “sovereignty and territorial integrity” by accepting aid, foreign investment, etc from the very country you calm not to be apart of. You and I both know the answer to that, but your to stubborn to accept the truth.

You are the master of creating fallacies, I merely made a statement, on more than one Occassion might I add. Yet you can’t seem to answer my question, are you not from an independent country, if that’s the case why compromise your “sovereignty and territorial integrity” by accepting aid, foreign investment, etc from the very country you calm not to be apart of. You and I both know the answer to that, but your to stubborn to accept the truth.

The answer is really simple.

The money from foreign donors is meant for all people and territorities constituting the country formerly known as Somalia. This would include the territorities and inhabitants of the independent of the Republic of Somaliland.

Somaliland has never taken money routed through Mogadishu except on one occassion in 2022. Otherwise, Somaliland has left what is its rightful share of that money on the table for many years now.

Now sovereignty and foreign aid is an interesting mix. Does foreign aid confer sovereignty if it's routed through certain jurisdictions first or is just a smoke screen and pale illusion of sovereignty. I will cover this topic in the next newsletter for the Movement to Balkanize Somalia. The topic is specifically - the sovereignty gap.

The answer is really simple.

The money from foreign donors is meant for all people and territorities constituting the country formerly known as Somalia. This would include the territorities and inhabitants of the independent of the Republic of Somaliland.

Somaliland has never taken money routed through Mogadishu except on one occassion in 2022. Otherwise, Somaliland has left what is its rightful share of that money on the table for many years now.

Now sovereignty and foreign aid is an interesting mix. Does foreign aid confer sovereignty if it's routed through certain jurisdictions first or is just a smoke screen and pale illusion of sovereignty. I will cover this topic in the next newsletter for the Movement to Balkanize Somalia. The topic is specifically - the sovereignty gap.
Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

Dear God man, please tell me you’re having a laugh 💀I refuse to believe you’re this thick 😂 that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life 🤣🤣

I’ll leave you be, have a good day ! 😂

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts