Somaliland Elections 2023

Reborn

This year marks the end of the political party licenses for the three political parties in Somaliland which are KULIMIYE, UCID & WADANI.

There is currently a constitutional crisis as to what which elections should come first which is either the presidential or political party elections.

Today marks the start of the political party elections in which all the committee members overseeing this process have been approved by the parliament.

The process will take at most 6 months which will end in a nationwide vote for approved political parties.

The previous two political party elections were held as local elections. However, this can't happen again as the local elections were held last in May 2021 and instead the court has ruled that the political party elections will be held as it's own stand-alone elections.

1655720141865.png

1655720157279.png

Reborn
The new parties that will participate alongside the current three parties are;

1. HILAAC
2. BARWAAQO
3. HORSEED
4. WAABERI
5. DALJIR
6. MIISAN
7. RAJO

It is guaranteed that aleast one of these 7 parties will become a national party.

1. HILAAC
2. BARWAAQO
3. HORSEED
4. WAABERI
5. DALJIR
6. MIISAN
7. RAJO

It is guaranteed that aleast one of these 7 parties will become a national party.
Maybe I missed something obvious, but why is that at least 1 of the above 7 parties will become a national party?

1. HILAAC
2. BARWAAQO
3. HORSEED
4. WAABERI
5. DALJIR
6. MIISAN
7. RAJO

I believe Hilaac is Axmed Samatar's party, Barwaaqo is Gaboose's and Waaberi is Ataash's. Do you know the leadership/major members of any of the others?

Ucid and Waraabe are resilent. There is a reason Kulmiye was afraid of holding this after presidential vote i.e. Kulmiye going the way of UDUB

Ucid and Waraabe are resilent. There is a reason Kulmiye was afraid of holding this after presidential vote i.e. Kulmiye going the way of UDUB
That makes no sense. If Kulmiye was afraid of being ousted, they would not be insisting on holding the Political Association election first.

Last edited:

Garaaca

Oldie

1. HILAAC
2. BARWAAQO
3. HORSEED
4. WAABERI
5. DALJIR
6. MIISAN
7. RAJO

Samaroon led party has been long overdue.

They have the best potential to replace UCID.

Rajadu Ahmed Samatar iyo
arligu waa wada Hilaac !

Samaroon led party has been long overdue.

They have the best potential to replace UCID.

Rajadu Ahmed Samatar iyo
arligu waa wada Hilaac !
UDUB was a Samaroon led party for 8 years.

But I agree, Axmed Samatar is a very credible candidate and I would be happier having a party led by him than demented Faysal Waraabe's UCID.

Garaaca

Oldie
UDUB was a Samaroon led party for 8 years.

But I agree, Axmed Samatar is a very credible candidate and I would be happier having a party led by him than demented Faysal Waraabe's UCID.
I should’ve been more specific.

The first Party established by Samaroon since UDUB was established by Ciise Muuse and it’s foundations were Ciise Muuse.

Definitely, he has a lot to offer.

Last edited:
I should’ve been more specific.

The first Party established by Samaroon since UDUB was founded by Ciise Muuse and it’s foundations were Ciise Muuse.

Definitely, he has a lot to offer.
Fair enough.

Though, I think party foundation is not that important. The Kulmiye from Silaanyo's days is very different to todays.

Credibility, vision and integrity of the current leader are much more important. Ina Samatar scores very high in at least two of those categories.

1. HILAAC
2. BARWAAQO
3. HORSEED
4. WAABERI
5. DALJIR
6. MIISAN
7. RAJO

I heard a harti party was forming allied to Kulmiye?

Any information?