Somaliland: Catholic Church Re-Opens in Hargeisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open invitation for al shabab & ISIS to operate in SL. Somalia is not stable country that to open churches whether in north or south.

October 28, 2016

Somaliland: Catholic Church Re-Opens in Hargeisa
4896.jpg

Photo courtesy of Somalilandpress

The bishop responsible for the region has announced that a Catholic church has been re-consecrated in Hargeisa. What would be impossible in Mogadishu, Somalia, has now become reality in Somaliland’s capital. Although there are not many Catholics in the country, Bishop Giorgio Bertin underlined the importance of this tolerant decision that allows them to freely express their faith.

Below an article published by Somalilandpress

Bishop Giorgio Bertin, the apostolic administrator of Mogadishu, told Aid to the Church in Need that he had re-consecrated the church of St. Anthony of Padua, which had been shut down for years because of the danger Christians face in the overwhelmingly Muslim country. “Not many people come to Mass—ten at most,” the bishop said; “but nonetheless it is important.”

Bishop Bertin said that he spoke to local officials in Hargeisa last year about re-opening the church. Hargeisa is located in Somaliland, a region that has declared its independence. Although neither the Somali government nor the international community has recognized Somaliland as an independent state, in practice the region is fairly free from control by the provisional government in Mogadishu.

Bishop Bertin reports that “there is no possible way of having a presence in Mogadishu.” Although there are a few Catholics still living in Somalia, their lives are in danger if they are identified. All pastoral work is done secretly, the bishop explains, saying: “Even if it has to be silently, it is better to be there than not to be there.”
http://unpo.org/article/19598

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Freedom of what exactly Waryaa?
To build a church in a country where 99.9% are Muslims?
:drakewtf:
Why does the stat of 99.9% matter? If I buy the land from someone, can't I build what I want as long as I'm not infringing on others rights? Basically what I'm asking is: do you believe in a authoritarian society/government?

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
Why does the stat of 99.9% matter? If I buy the land from someone, can't I build what I want as long as I'm not infringing on others rights? Basically what I'm asking is: do you believe in a authoritarian society/government?
I believe in the laws of Allah not a man made one

waraabe

Your superior
Always critical of other people.

Good news. We must accommodate Christians like they accommodate us in their countries.

You can refuse churches in your regions

Last edited:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Wow, I'm actually proud of Somaliland. It's great to see people returning the hospitality they received in the west. If you can build your mosques here, then we should be able to build our churches there too.

Keep up the good work Somaliland.

@Canuck

Butthurt I see.
:siilaanyolaugh:

waraabe

Your superior
Wow, I'm actually proud of Somaliland. It's great to see people returning the hospitality they received in the west. If you can build your mosques here, then we should be able to build our churches there too.

Keep up the good work Somaliland.

@Canuck

Butthurt I see.
:siilaanyolaugh:

Have you seen her talk about her regions ?

It is either somaliland or Mogadishu

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Have you seen her talk about her regions ?

It is either somaliland or Mogadishu

I'm literally bemused at how she pretends to care for Somaliland but secretly she wants al Shabab to come after Somaliland the church. These butthurt Konfur people need to accept there is no United Somalia. I'm only repeating what the landers have voted on in 2001. 97% was it?
:yacadiim:

If Somaliland moves like this, it will soon get its recognition.

I'm literally bemused at how she pretends to care for Somaliland but secretly she wants al Shabab to come after Somaliland the church. These butthurt Konfur people need to accept there is no United Somalia. I'm only repeating what the landers have voted on in 2001. 97% was it?

So to get recognition you'll open up church's?
Kaafir Billah cadeem!

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
So to get recognition you'll open up church's?
Kaafir Billah cadeem!

No, however, it will present Somaliland as a tolerant nation who respects the rights of religious minorities.

How can you lot live in Gaalo country build a masjid and then complain when the Gaalo do the same in your country?!
:faysalwtf:

Why not? Show us where in Islam it says you can't have other people's places of worship in Muslim countries

It doesn't say anywhere but that applies to Non muslims who live amongst muslims in Muslim nations.
Not build a bloody church in a totally Muslim country.

No, however, it will present Somaliland as a tolerant nation who respects the rights of religious minorities.

How can you lot live in Gaalo country build a masjid and then complain when the Gaalo do the same in your country?!
:faysalwtf:

I have no problem with Somali Land succeeding away from Somalia but atleast have some fucking class in doing so.
Can't you see their trynna convert Muslims by building a church in a Muslim society.

Are you crazy!!! Listen I still have my family in north Somalia (SL) and don't want them get hurt, and I am dhulo dude. I don't care for church or even temple in Somalia because for past 25 years these churches failed in converting IDP people. This church will serve only Oromo (who arealready Christian Oromo). But dump people would not see the big picture and al shabab's religious wars that made Mogadishu stopped Christmas celebrations last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending