Somaliland ban BBC Somali after BBC last week aired a short documentary in which Mo Farah said “I was born in Somaliland, North of Somalia”

this can't be real. You can't ban news outlets with credibility just cause you don't like what they report.

but then again this is a region that jails journalists while crying 'we are the only demoqaradi in the horn'

ban how? this is not true, not even the Soviets could not ban radio stations like radio free Europe and BBC from another country

they cannot ban anything with radio waves, Somalis fall for nonsense like this, saying it and actually do it is another thing

i would love to see a country actually ban it, let alone a poor Somalia region Somaliland not even recognised

bidenkulaha

GalYare
ban how? this is not true, not even the Soviets could not ban radio stations like radio free Europe and BBC from another country

they cannot ban anything with radio waves, Somalis fall for nonsense like this, saying it and actually do it is another thing

i would love to see a country actually ban it, let alone a poor Somalia region Somaliland not even recognised
They ‘ban’ it by not allowing it to operate from Hargeisa. Give interviews/operate etc from there. And SL people will be arbitrarily arrested if they give interviews to BBC Somali.

But yes it’s unenforceable. You can’t ban a service that operates online through social media. Anyone already using it will continue to use it.

World

VIP
They ‘ban’ it by not allowing it to operate from Hargeisa. Give interviews/operate etc from there. And SL people will be arbitrarily arrested if they give interviews to BBC Somali.

But yes it’s unenforceable. You can’t ban a service that operates online through social media. Anyone already using it will continue to use it.
They can ban BBC Somali in territories they control so that you can only use VPN to access it.

who on earth goes to Hargeysa anyways? What wester journalist wants to go there ? A dirty poor Somali region

also I feel sorry for the Somali hired to go there

Trending

Latest posts