Somaliland authorities arrest 9 journalists for covering Hargeisa central prison attempted escape

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

HARGEISA AUTHORITIES have arrested ill-trained journalists who have no boundaries. They entered inside a law enforcing area. Who does that ?

Prisoners inside the main Hargeisa jail rebelled. Gun fire ensued. Police reinforcements came down to the jail.
At the same time some so called “journalists “ went live on fb to film the situation close up.

Even in Western world if there’s a hostage situation the reporters cooperate with their authorities to with hold info till the situation is handled. Not these raging “I Am a Journalist and I never went to school for it “.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Somaliland was infact the leading region within Somalia's Federal member states with the most journalist and media imprisonment and harassment according to NUSOJ, then nation's only wide advocacy group for the media personal and it's workers.

Last year's NUSOJbbfull report across the country had Somalilanders as one of the worst places for a journalist to work/operate, infact Somaliland was leading other regions by a large margin compared to others, the arrest of these new 12 journalists/broacasters will definitely make SL ahead of the regions again next year.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP

HARGEISA AUTHORITIES have arrested ill-trained journalists who have no boundaries. They entered inside a law enforcing area. Who does that ?

Prisoners inside the main Hargeisa jail rebelled. Gun fire ensued. Police reinforcements came down to the jail.
At the same time some so called “journalists “ went live on fb to film the situation close up.

Even in Western world if there’s a hostage situation the reporters cooperate with their authorities to with hold info till the situation is handled. Not these raging “I Am a Journalist and I never went to school for it “.
We have a malicious and spiteful nature so you better believe that our tabloids are only just getting started. I go on Facebook sometime and half of these so-called journalists just regurgitate whatever bullshit they see one of them write, the other half are making up things as they go along.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
We have a malicious and spiteful nature so you better believe that our tabloids are only just getting started. I go on Facebook sometime and half of these so-called journalists just regurgitate whatever bullshit they see one of them write, the other half are making up things as they go along.

Exactly.

The problem right now in Somalia is that you got so many unemployed young man and all have found a way out of poverty and that it to pick up a camera and just report news. It don’t matter if it’s true. It don’t matter if they are breaking the journalistic ethics.

In this particular situation they’ve put the law enforcement authorities under a severe danger. They were literally showing the prisoners the manpower and maneuvering of the police.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
They arrested my dumaashi Sagal Mustafa Nuur but she was released immediately since she belongs to the HA tribe of Muse Biixi laandheernimo :pachah1:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Somaliland is turning more authoritarian every year

Muuse handarab has kacaan mentality, anyone who’s making noise, just send the special force to him.

context
calling a whole city’s residents as terrorists, then sending paramilitary and then shootings inside jails. That’s Kacaan shit over there
Some of them are starting to Uk parliament to intervene , I don’t know why the Uk thou, wonder why:ohreally:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Unfortunately this is inevitable in African countries.

Somalia would’ve fell down this road had we went to 1 man 1 vote elections under Farmaajo most likely.

Many people complain about 4.5 but because of it we are forced to have consensus politics.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

Somalia would’ve fell down this road had we went to 1 man 1 vote elections under Farmaajo most likely.

Many people complain about 4.5 but because of it we are forced to have consensus politics.
Consensus politics?

A representative parliament would be better, that way clans can be represented in government indirectly and no one person has power.

I believe we should have a judiciary, a representative parliament(upper and lower) , a house of clans, the executive and a military branch. These can then be used to stop sections of government forcing others .

I think institutions are more powerful then people, however this comes with the cost of efficiency. Such a system will be slow compared to other governments and it will favour the status quo over change.

Threats from other places is often an excuse to consolidate power, same thing Putin has been doing for 20 years, only a smart public can withstand this sort of propaganda because these autocrats are experts on manipulating emotions.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Threats from other places is often an excuse to consolidate power, same thing Putin has been doing for 20 years, only a smart public can withstand this sort of propaganda because these autocrats are experts on manipulating emotions.
They were ok with him for the past years, that’s why they gave him the nick name handarab

Between peace and instability, the people in SL have chosen peace and the ensuing authoritarianism. Life is about choices...the iron fist beats the craziness of the south any day.

Trending