Somalifishing a thing now?

Incel babble, they have their own language and their own forums.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Lol what the hell im not even offended what kind weirdo cooked this shit up
FFFC7425-F016-4D3F-AC0D-17220B8E46B5.gif

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
There is a strong correlation between hanging around xalimos and dating faaraxs, we must once again thank yall for being the best wingmen :lawd: Waad mahadsantihiin

True, in that regard I agree but a lot of it is pure ignorance. A few months ago I was none the wiser that macaawis isnโ€™t actually really ours or even the Kufi for that matter. When a group have been wearing something for more than 100+ yrs plus it becomes part of the national dress. No group of people are truly original, every invention comes from somewhere and then was added to it to make it more unique ect.
I agree with you on gatekeeping. Not saying anyone in this thread is doing that, I don't think they are, just I think it's always best to be graceful when people appreciate Somali culture.

When it comes to many other things it is truly complicated to trace the provenance of food, cuisine, and music that arose in a global marketplace, even if we did create the ultimate item. The important thing is to do the historical research and document it, which has been done with the dirac. Everyone can google it and know it's Somali.

Incel babble, they have their own language and their own forums.

Imagine squeezing these cretins in severe pain during birth only for them to turn into massive self hating dweebs who hates his own women including his hooyo. God forbid my son turns out like them. I will definatley be on the look out for my future sons. All of this is making we wakeup to be more tougher on my children.

Somali women have always inspired women from other ethnic groups when it comes to fashion and beauty. They're just being more transparent about it in recent years. Somali soft power in the diaspora will only continue to grow as time goes on, because guess what? Everybody loves people, who love themselves; it's the ultimate 'cool'.
All I want, is for these ethnic groups to tell the truth. It's clear it was invented by Somali women, because it's Somali women who look the best in that attire, it suits the slim frames, long necks. In addition, the Somali dirac industry is the most dynamic and interesting.

I don't mind cultural exchanges, but I can't stand seeing all these ethnic groups, pretend that they founded these things. For example, Ugandans call Alindi Print, clearly brought to Uganda by Somali trades "Kikoy". I wish we had a stronger government, to place some copyright on certain items, because it's ridiculous.
It is a Somali invention even the southern Yemenis admit it.

North and South Yemen are very different btw
The thing is Diraac is old. People arenโ€™t going to know or care and thatโ€™s why I donโ€™t understand the gatekeeping of cultural items when a group have been our neighbors for centuries and weโ€™ve been giving and taking as well. Many of our cultural foods are Yemeni and itโ€™s vice versa for them.

Example, those Kufi Caps Somali odeys wear in my books is definitely Somali even if itโ€™s Southern Yemeni and Omani Inspired. If a Somali male made a thread about Somali clothes and included that cap that would be fine. Weโ€™ve been wearing it for centuries now so at this point no one cares or remembers that itโ€™s originally Southern Arabian. Itโ€™s the same for the macaawis.

As for Ugandans thatโ€™s strange since theyโ€™re not our neighbors and weโ€™ve not been living amongst them and vice versa. Hence any claim of there are incredibly modern and need to be countered.

Thatโ€™s just my humble opinion.
I thought the koofeed was from Barawe?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Tall women or at least, women with long necks, look the best in flowing garments. I have never seen any other ethnic group, look better in diracs. The same way that Nigerian women, look the best in their fitted wedding garments, and Indian women in their saris. Every ethnic group just shines, when they wear their ethnic garments, it's always obvious to me, when it's an adopted item.
Yes, it was Djibouti/ northern women who spread it. My mum says the same thing. My grand gen used to wear Sadex Qayd and then once Djibouti women made it into a fashion everyone wanted to wear it in the 40s.
You're right that it looks good on Somalis. While there may be speculation about its origins, the undeniable truth is that Somalis are best known for it and have embraced and elevated it. They were also the ones who created the gorgaad, shalmaad and gabsar. Part of me thinks that attribution for its creation is outsourced elsewhere because we don't write things down. Also, tracing the exact origins of certain cultural elements, like foods or garments, can be complex. Take Fish and Chips, for exampleโ€”despite its association with English cuisine, its components have diverse origins. Fried fish, for instance, originates from Sephardic Jewish cuisine (at least in Europe), while potatoes, a key ingredient, were introduced to Europe from the Americas by way of Spain. As for the Dirac, its roots are most likely Somali. IMO.

Thatโ€™s humans for you. Yesterday they clowned you, today they celebrate you and tomorrow they might go back to hating on you.

We Somalis donโ€™t need peopleโ€™s approval, although I think itโ€™s cool sheโ€™s paying homage to our beautiful cultural outfits and looks.

This is what I love most about my beoble :wow:

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
Somali women have always inspired women from other ethnic groups when it comes to fashion and beauty. They're just being more transparent about it in recent years. Somali soft power in the diaspora will only continue to grow as time goes on, because guess what? Everybody loves people, who love themselves; it's the ultimate 'cool'.

Black women and Muslim women.

Best sisters weโ€™re blessed with.

:salute:

Trending