Somalia's resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking a lot and that the previous generation left us in a hot mess, i have realised that our country still has a bright future. The main reason is that resources will always be needed in every generation on this earth and somalia is resource rich and has thankfully untapped resources. So the next time you think about complaining or calling our land cursed, remember that we were blessed with lots of untapped resources that not even the warlords or foreigners could exploit. When you feel depressed at how far behind other countries we are in terms of development, just remember that all the other african countries were conquered and exploited and their ppl were enslaved. Whereas our ancestors despite not building much managed to stalemate the western powers and earned their respect on the field of battle, therefore preventing our enslavement and protecting our land and resources from exploitation. All we need is for the young generation to become "woke" somalis and to educate themselves and return home to build up the homeland. While all these bantu countries are ahead of us in terms of development, we must remember that they have been entrapped by their european colonisers and don't actually benefit from their vast resources and they will soon run out of those resources and unlike saudi arabia they cannot rely on tourism and will fall into poverty and despair when that happens. We on the other hand will be fresh faced and ready to sell our resources to the hungry west who will need it at the precise moment the other countries run out of those resources.

ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u1.png

What, Somalia has resources? I will have you believe that southerners, AMISOM and Al shabab are NOT considered "resources."

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I’m still confused

So we have Dubai turkey and amison in Somalia.

Have none of them tried to access our resources.

@Factz @World @MadNomad are our resources really untouched?
So far has the Somali diaspora done anything to acquire oil? What’s taking so long

I’m still confused

So we have Dubai turkey and amison in Somalia.

Have none of them tried to access our resources.

@Factz @World @MadNomad are our resources really untouched?
So far has the Somali diaspora done anything to acquire oil? What’s taking so long
Dumb niggas like @Knowles are why. No seriously it's because all somalis whether abroad or at home have the same lazy mentality, we have business men selling livestock and yet not one has considered opening an oil exploration company.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Dumb niggas like @Knowles are why. No seriously it's because all somalis whether abroad or at home have the same lazy mentality, we have business men selling livestock and yet not one has considered opening an oil exploration company.
Do you think engineering students are honeslty interested in going back to Somalia.

@Blade1 you once said uk somali youth talk about going back to somalia often. Should I be expecting a crap load of Engineers from the UK working in Somalia in the next couple of years.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Do you think engineering students are honeslty interested in going back to Somalia.

@Blade1 you once said uk somali youth talk about going back to somalia often. Should I be expecting a crap load of Engineers from the UK working in Somalia in the next couple of years.
Inshallah soon yes

You're on the wrong forum for an intellectual discussion. You should have made a thread about "Somali men are trash Vol. 56755" like the other attention-seeking airheads.

Two issues

Those recourses require educated people to extract them

The price of those recourses matter too

No one has more recourses than Russia but it’s still a poor place

Another example is Singapore which has few recourses but is rich

One elder just told me to go back to Somalia but her son is a doctor in Norway, it’s hypocrisy , people want you to build their house

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative

Are you even somali no offence but the questions you give is like non somalis

You're on the wrong forum for an intellectual discussion. You should have made a thread about "Somali men are trash Vol. 56755" like the other attention-seeking airheads.
It's true i wish there was a somali website for serious discussions. Most of the user's here are self haters and are comfortable collecting a welfare check in the west.

Two issues

Those recourses require educated people to extract them

The price of those recourses matter too

No one has more recourses than Russia but it’s still a poor place

Another example is Singapore which has few recourses but is rich
Japan also has little resources and is half the size of somalia and yet they are rich.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Japan also has little resources and is half the size of somalia and yet they are rich.

They are rich because they decided to become rich.

We are poor because we don't think it's worth our effort to get rich.

Otherwise we wouldn't be in the situation were in.

Until we change our mindset; the resources we have would either go untapped or wasted.

It's too late for Somalia to become rich via the capitalistic model. East Asians were quick off the mark and employed something called 'import substitution'. They were able to raise tarriff on foreign imports and help their own infant industries become competitive internationally. They also received massive post-war Aid and investment from the US so they didn't fall into the hands of communism.

That system will not be allowed for Somalia, as the neo-liberal elites won't allow for controlled markets and trade tariffs. Somalis have to think outside the box.

The country with the most profitable resources is the poorest country in the world.
We don't need to have oil, Gold or diamond to be rich, all we need is to be educated, creative, innovative philosophers

Al-kabab will shoot/bomb anyone who tries to explore or extract any resources. Which dumb foreign company will invest in such environment.

La Xawla

Long Live the Somali Republic
They are rich because they decided to become rich.

We are poor because we don't think it's worth our effort to get rich.

Otherwise we wouldn't be in the situation were in.

Until we change our mindset; the resources we have would either go untapped or wasted.
Facts :samwelcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending