Somalias mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't Somalia's mountain ranges create permanent rivers or lake? Thanks to Ethiopia we have both the jubba and shabelle rivers
Jubbarivermap.png

Somalia_Topography_en.png

strangely none of the calmadow, golis, ogo and karkaar mountains ranges create a permanent river or a lake.

Why doesn't Somalia's mountain ranges create permanent rivers or lake? Thanks to Ethiopia we have both the jubba and shabelle rivers
Jubbarivermap.png

Somalia_Topography_en.png

strangely none of the calmadow, golis, ogo and karkaar mountains ranges create a permanent river or a lake.
I think it's something to do with them not being at a high enough altitude to allow condensation to happen. All i've noticed is that mountains that are over 2550m, always produce higher rainfall and as a result form rivers and lakes.

I think it's something to do with them not being at a high enough altitude to allow condensation to happen. All i've noticed is that mountains that are over 2550m, always produce higher rainfall and as a result form rivers and lakes.
you're probably right, I was thinking they aren't high enough and gets dwarfed by the Ethiopian mountain ranges that are well above 4000meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.