Somalia's Government asks AMISOM to stay- UNTIL 2029

1702489032309.png

1702489045408.png

Last edited:

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP

Emir of Zayla

๐•น๐–†๐–™๐–Ž๐–”๐–“ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ป๐–”๐–Š๐–™๐–˜
This is not gonna happen, theyโ€™ve been waiting for a long while to dip outta there

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
The people of Mogadishu have the right to ask AMISOM to stay. They've been there for 16 years and are a part of their daily lives.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
The FGS has requested military support after arms embargo was lifted. Nothing here says Amisom is staying. Them leaving is set in stone.

The support could be financial, weapons or private contractors training somalis. My guess is either USA or Turkey becoming our key general partner and training personnel.

The FGS has requested military support after arms embargo was lifted. Nothing here says Amisom is staying. Them leaving is set in stone.

The support could be financial, weapons or private contractors training somalis. My guess is either USA or Turkey becoming our key general partner and training personnel.
Has to be. I'm either blind or the there's nothing about ATMIS there. Probably Turks taking on more.

Wallahi at this point the west wants Al Shabaab to take over Somalia Afghanistan style!

It's a two-sided coin. Undoubtedly, there're countries that doesn't benefit from a prosperous Somalia and wouldn't have a problem with AS. But ultimately, it's our own failures and incompetent leaders who is the reason for the continued presence of AS 15+ years later. They shouldn't escape the responsibility.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

It mentions clearly that it will be some type of foreign forces deployed in Somalia. My guess would be a UN peace mission.

'We welcome the FGS request for a limited and new multilateral mission to provide protection of strategic population centers and key Mogadishu and Federal Member State infrastructure (airports, ports)...'

It's a two-sided coin. Undoubtedly, there're countries that doesn't benefit from a prosperous Somalia and wouldn't have a problem with AS. But ultimately, it's our own failures and incompetent leaders who is the reason for the continued presence of AS 15+ years later. They shouldn't escape the responsibility.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If this is true crazy stuff garguurte wants!

It mentions clearly that it will be some type of foreign forces deployed in Somalia. My guess would be a UN peace mission.

'We welcome the FGS request for a limited and new multilateral mission to provide protection of strategic population centers and key Mogadishu and Federal Member State infrastructure (airports, ports)...'
It would honestly be a scandal if it's a continuation of ATMIS. Would somalis feel differently if it's Arabs you think? Btw I have tried to find the source without any luck.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Atmis staying will just end up delaying the fight against shabaab. If Somalis want to defeat shabaab we need to get rid of all foreign troops + Xalane needs to be destroyed.

One of my family member was telling me that in kgs there was a small macawiisley group that wanted to fight shabaab in Diinsoor region. Ethiopian troops in the region said you cannot fight AS and said we need to give you a green flag to fight Shabaab. This shows these foreign troops dont want shabaab to be liberated from southern Somalia.

It would honestly be a scandal if it's a continuation of ATMIS. Would somalis feel differently if it's Arabs you think? Btw I have tried to find the source without any luck.

Somalis are generally tired of foreign forces being present in Somalia and want them to departure at all cost. Even if there's a gap between what our armed forces are capable of and the extent needed to maintain security. But this news won't be taken lightly by the public, if true.

I haven't looked up the source yet, but from social media, it seems to be from the Somalia security conference in New York.

Last edited:

Trending