• 1960-1969

• 1969-1978

• 1978-1991

• Post 1991

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amber

A blessed human
I said the 1960s cuz Somalia gained independence from the cadaans. But then Siad Barre started his reign in Late October of 1969. If it weren't for Independence, I would have said never. Which is kinda sad tbh
Sad Tears GIF

Yusuf Abdi Ali Rashid

King of Prussia
I don’t believe Somalis have had a golden age yet, it’s most certainly not a bad thing. I believe our golden age will only come about if we switch over to a absolute monarchy with me at its head.

I guess when they were the middle men of the spice and aromatics trade between Rome and India. As far as modern history, just before the war with Ethiopia.

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
I said the 1960s cuz Somalia gained independence from the cadaans. But then Siad Barre started his reign in Late October of 1969. If it weren't for Independence, I would have said never. Which is kinda sad tbh
Sad Tears GIF
You make it sound like Somalia had any actual control over their independence lol

Sad Tears GIF
Why never ? Our ancestors were peaceful people with unque culture, traditions and blessed land.

we could have at least maintained factories and buildings left behind by Italians but we failed at that too. Golden era was during italian rule they were a lot more vested in country then Britain who saw it as dusty outpost of no value

we could have at least maintained factories and buildings left behind by Italians but we failed at that too. Golden era was during italian rule they were a lot more vested in country then Britain who saw it as dusty outpost of no value
I've read that Italians trained Somalis to be low skilled workers and didn't put as much of an emphasis on education compared to the British

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
1950 to 1969 is the only right answer.

Somalia cornered the Italians into a UN independence agreement, the Brits were lobbied by the SYL to include their Somali colony into Somalia.

We literally built an entire nation from scratch during this period. A postal service, universities etc.

We got independence and established Africa’s first democracy.

We had an educated class of Somalis that studied abroad, all brimming with ideas on how to improve the nation.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP

Somalia cornered the Italians into a UN independence agreement, the Brits were lobbied by the SYL to include their Somali colony into Somalia.

We literally built an entire nation from scratch during this period. A postal service, universities etc.

We had an educated class of Somalis that studied abroad, all brimming with ideas on how to improve the nation.
Now Somali education consists of conspiracy memes from whatsapp groupchat

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي

What do you mean from scratch? There was literally a UN advisory council based in mogadishu ten years prior to make sure independence went smoothly

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
What do you mean from scratch? There was literally a UN advisory council based in mogadishu ten years prior to make sure independence went smoothly

I said my chosen period was from 1950.

Furthermore, the advisory council didn’t do much. Two of the three countries (Colombia and Philippines) didn’t really care about Somalia.

That left Egypt, which to its credit, was over invested and regularly collaborated with the SYL to ascertain the needs of a future Somalia and attempted to deliver.

However, the Italians wanted to extend the trusteeship period and were regularly locked in battle with Egypt over that. That basically canceled out Egypts contribution as it barely covered fixing the sabotages by Italy.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
I thought you were gonna say never.

:dead:

Somalia should have been properly colonized until 2000. Apparently many Somalis were not even aware that the Europeans took over. That is how low their presence was.

It takes time for the full benefits of colonization to be realized. Instead, they had a largely hands off approach and did not rule long enough to last the lifespan of a single generation.

So ofcourse the third rate communist was able to take over, and isbaaro moryaans take over from him, and fake countries and internet states popping up, a terror group carving up 1/3 as its own, and piracy. None of these things would have happened if the opportunity was not squandered. Somalia would have been a mature, stable country. Its too bad.

Trending

Latest posts