Somalia upper house clan demographics

One can also look at the other way that it's Darood who are minority in a sea of Irir Samaale as it's 17 out of 54.

As for Hawiye getting it's missing senators that's an ongoing process with Banaadir getting it's 13 Senate seats that was signed by the executive.

All in all Beesha Darood are the real minority here, you just don't see it.
Keep dreaming

The 4.5 formula gives equal quota to the four "major" clans, and a half-point to a cluster of "minority" clans. Thus the transitional Somali parliament has 275 'representives,' each "major" clan having an equal seats of 61. Those "major" clans are: Hawiye, Rahanweyn, Dir (including Isaaq clan) and Daarood.
I just realized you're FOB who doesn't know a jack shit about his country :mjlaugh:

Darood getting more than Hawiye is outrageous considering the population difference but then again Darood aren't united so it doesn't really matter

nene leakes laughing GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Thugnificent

Father, lover, scholar, landheer
Darood are wide spread through different regions that's why they got lion share. I'm kinda surprised Dir got more seats than Hawiye.
The population of SL is about 4,5 million. I'm guessing like 80% is dir(+isaaq). The population of somalia is like 11,5 million. So it makes kinda sense that they get 1/3 of the seats.

The population of SL is about 4,5 million. I'm guessing like 80% is dir(+isaaq). The population of somalia is like 11,5 million. So it makes kinda sense that they get 1/3 of the seats.
According to 2014 estimate Somaliland population is barely 3.3 million, Somaliland population has been actually shrinking because this 3.5 figure has been rehashed since 2010 at least

According to 2014 estimate Somaliland population is barely 3.3 million, Somaliland population has been actually shrinking because this 3.5 figure has been rehashed since 2010 at least
How's it shrinking when there's no actual census and cities are growing a lot every year just compare Boorama and Ceerigabo how they were 10 or 15 years ago to now.

Under developed countries generally have high birth rates and that's true to Somaliland/Somalia.

Thugnificent

Father, lover, scholar, landheer
That doesn't make sense though. The birthrate is way higher then 3 so how can the population shrink?

Trending