Somalia should be a secular country

Why should Somalia that is 99% Muslim be forced into secularim. When you have states like France and others in Europe banning hijab and they have a much larger Muslim population. Imagine if Muslims tried to force Sharia into European countries.

My views have now shifted on arab loanwords.

The majority of the time that arab loanwords exist alongside a somali word they are used in a slightly different context.

Qalbi vs Wadno
Xukuumad vs Dowlad

I think Arab loanwords alongside Somali words help give the languages a bit more depth.

Just my opinion though.
We have a lot of European loan words too but no one cares about that.

We have a lot of European loan words too but n o one cares about that.
We don't have TOO many European loanwords though.

Although it bothers me a lot that the word for bank is bankiga, and television is telefishan.

Somali National Television = Telefishanka Qaranka Soomaaliyeed

Subhanallah
:mjlol:

Slim now that I think about it.

BUT ANA ARAB I TRACE MY ABTIRSI TO DAROD AND HIS FATHER ISMAACIIL ANA ARAB ANA ARAB KIS UMMAK
:rejoice::mjlol:

tenor (1).gif

It was all fun and games until the KIS UMMAK part

tenor (3).gif

alien

📍outer space
VIP

The majority of the time that arab loanwords exist alongside a somali word they are used in a slightly different context.

Qalbi vs Wadno
Xukuumad vs Dowlad

I think Arab loanwords alongside Somali words help give the languages a bit more depth.

Just my opinion though.
its plain dumb to use Qalbi instead of Wadne.

giphy.gif

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل

Qalbi vs Wadno
Xukuumad vs Dowlad

Just my opinion though.

Both Xukuumad and Dowlad are Arabic.