Somalia Settlement Pre-1960

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Wow just got powerful information from my mother who is Murusade and the Murusade side of Somalia story from the 1960's, she was born around that era and was a kid in school by that time. She remembers her father who was sent around Somalia. My awoowe on my mother side found a good friend in Italian boy who used to 'vouch' for him and give him good positions in the Italian rule. My awoowe grew up in Italian Colonialism, he used 'social' contact and learned Italian in order to further his ambitions one day in the nation. Wuu soo rafaday lakin, he went thru that, he went then into 'governor' role in different places in Somalia. He has 'military' background also but he was a 'soldier' level for the Italians and he basically didn't like it the military life. Ironically I will ask my mother what did he become when Somalia when it became 'xor' she is speaking about the colonial period her father grew up in. So that's her take on colonialism.

1960 is another 'era' which has to be treated as another 'era' for Somalia. But we need to 'galvanise' what happened before 1960 with the people and then look at 'pre colonial' time period and find their version of Somalia even though it never existed then. So we need to go into 'sultanate' eras.

I think Darod are ignorant, ma garan karan waxay hawiye uu doodayan iyo wixi kale. I listen to my abtiyaal anigu haday wax 'xaq' ah sheegayan iyo wax aan jirin, I also apply the same principle to my father. I correlate the stories of other Somalis of the same generation to find 'correlations' in their story, since the story has to be identical. Ma aha 'gospelka' jesus oo 4 niin ku kala feker duwana niinkasi wuxu yahay. Somalia waa inay lahata a 'story'. Wadan kasto ayaa leh 'sheekoyin'.

Anyways My mother account of Somalia was like this.

Kismayo - She said the original people are 'issa mahmoud, osman mahmoud, ali saleban' they were there at the time her father visited Kismayo in colonialism. She said they were 'refugees' who fled 'sayidka' wars in 'bariga' at the time. Which correlates as the refugee crisis happened when the sayid wars and boqor osman were going on. People don't move for nothing, just like 1991, Somalis moved to west because of war. People only leave if there is man made disaster like wars or natural disaster like droughts or floods or something. Dadku iskama 'gurguro' ma garatay. This correlates with science also. See how I measure their arguments against a scientific model at all times.

She then said there was 'cawrmale' and Gaaljacel who are not 'hawiye' but 'samaale'. Ogaden bananka ayuu joggi jiray in Kismaayo also lakin he stretched to badhaadhe illa NFD. She said Somalis were nomadic at the time, they would bring 'caanaha' geelka since Somali is about camels sxb. We are not fishing culture or farming culture, so this must be true as she correlates to the story of what Somali occupation is. Again another scientific point for my mother.But this is in 'colonial' time bay tiri. The Somalia she is explaining to me.

There was a history before colonials. Like the 'kingdom of majerteniya', the warsangeli sultanates and the 'south' was under arabs at the time especially the coastal areas but the Somali clans were interior and didn't have 'mamul' like the sultanates of Majerteniya iyo Warsangeli, she admitted that. I said good on you hoyo. She said Isaaq was no different who just lived as 'clans' but no central authority before 'colonialism'.

She said there was ajuuraan empire but were only told about it as kids but their memory was long gone by the time she was a child but sheekadisa waa ka jiri jiray koonfuurta sida Boqor Osman sheekadisa weli ka jira Puntland. She said I fear for your generation u will be like how I was about ajuuraan empire, we forgot the history, maybe you burbur kids will forget 1960-1991 history when they're generation pass away. Again another scientific point by my mother. As time passes, the older generation die and their version of Somalia is lost, hence we start NEW Somalia in each generation following the FOREIGN WORLD(arab, african, western) are looking to sink their teeth into us burbur kids in 40 years and guide us into their interests while we have no history to reflect on because they all passed away and left us no DHAXAL.

She said before the colonial period in Kismaayo it was 'Bajuni' who lived there. She said the 'Madow' were brought over from Tanzania and live around the river areas, even they are 'newer settlers'. Marehan reached 'gedo' side and and was pushing towards that way into ethiopia not jubbaland, they were going UP into Ethiopia bay tiri at the time. Not what these Marehan kids tell you on the Somalispot that they were PUSHING DOWN. Maybe they don't have access to their old generation anymore, I heard one big one just died in 'oman' siyad barre kid.

I won't lie to my majerten people. Yes I do support some of Hawiye policies but I am not 'jamac ali jamac' who will begin a war over it. I believe in the principle my 'awoowe' dhaxalkisa somali uma dhaxayso, awoowahay ima oran Somalia ba dhulkani leh, he left it for me and my family or clans. So I support this view and I will start a movement in PL injecting hawiye politics, ileen waa 'cadalaad' waxay sheegayn.

I will whisper to a bah dubays 'ninkani abokor isse' tarikh ka hor 1998 miyuu ku lee yahay meeshani? what is he doing being MAYOR? awoowahina miyaa ku yiri ninkani baan dhulkan leh? I will inject hawiye 'qabyalad' into my bah dubays and swing them into the hawiye political view. I can break Majerten down also if I want too like Hawiye broke down.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Anigu awoowahay ima oran 'majerten' baan garowe kaga tagay, so don't try to insult my awoowe memory and his hard work. This was purely left for me and my family, go back to where your family left you something. I agree with this hawiye principle. Yaab. Let's play the same game they play in Garowe, issa mahmoud wuxu soo garsada abokor isse, anagana osman mahmoud aan soo qarsano. AAN ARAGNEE MEESHAY BAHASHU KU DHAMAATO sida sheekada hamar ka dhacay oo reer maataaan abgaal dhan keenay, habar gedir oo hawiyenimo ku soo galay, murusade wiilasha ceelbur soo dhowayste. Dadka deegaanka hadad halal ahayn, haram haloo cayaarayo.

If the old generation will not change, if u want to play this game, we can play this game. I will assess it and see if anyone can win in the long term? I can only analyze you guys from my perspective but i can collect the older generation perspective and balance it out and measure it with science. That's the only difference, I can play cayaartina, lakin waan garanaya cayaar kale inay jirtay before our generation oo weli manta muuqda.

I will be able to test this majerten unity iyo meesha laga soo gali kara. Abokor isse 'dangarayo' ana iskaleh lakin garowe kula lihi how long bay soconaysa waxani? we will see haday majerten uu jaban sida hawiye iyo hadi kale. Bosaso do the same thing your original settlers u know each other and say ALI SALEBANOW qandala ana lihi lakin bosaso kula lihi. I can apply the hawiye mentality in puntland and test the unity.

Awoowaha iyo dardarankisa miyaa ku daran mise MAJERTEN iyo wax aan la gararanaynin oo ina adeerkisa koley wax siisan doone, not you. We will see haday heeshish dhab ah meeshani taala. I will apply the same measurement on each clan using the hawiye mentality and see the response from different clans. Will u choose your awoowe or some guy who never helped your awoowe.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I can see why Hawiye iyo Isaaq never had sultanates at the time of Majerten iyo Warsangeli. Fekerka 'awoowahay dhaxalkisa' maka tanasulayo, means every clan was doing this and hence no possibility for a central authority to rise up to unite them and begin nation state building. Majerten and Warsangeli reached this stage. Hawiye iyo Isaaq didn't. So there is the scientific reason, it's not cause majerten is an ANGEL sent from heaven, way isku tanasulan bahashu for the greater good of majerten as a whole. Iyagu waxay ka cabsadan hadi jar jar la wada noqdo, hawiye iyo isaaq na laqayo, halka hadi somali la kala jarjaro aduunka na laqayo. That's their siyasad niyahow, u can't change that view but u can test the hawiye mentality and throw in 'qabyalad' and 'awoowahay dhaxalkisa argument' and see if they will fight and kill each other.

So PL is Majerten ama Harti focused tribally to ensure they can reach their next goal which is Somali goal. They fear haday gudaha dalka ku wada jaban, in hawiye iyo isaaq loo galayo caloshooda iyo iyaguna khayr ma wadan dee. Its not a bad thing inaad calool gashid hadi aad isku dhisi kartid mar kale. Bah dubays calool nugaal ku jira lakin waa inu is dhisa hada si looga baxo beri caloshasi oo ku meel gaarka ah. So I can see Tribe n Somali is handled together in PL. They manage it pretty well considering how cohesive the people are. Way isku tanasulan weeye bahasha hadi kale waxba kama soo bixi karin 98

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Wow just got powerful information from my mother who is Murusade and the Murusade side of Somalia story from the 1960's, she was born around that era and was a kid in school by that time. She remembers her father who was sent around Somalia. My awoowe on my mother side found a good friend in Italian boy who used to 'vouch' for him and give him good positions in the Italian rule. My awoowe grew up in Italian Colonialism, he used 'social' contact and learned Italian in order to further his ambitions one day in the nation. Wuu soo rafaday lakin, he went thru that, he went then into 'governor' role in different places in Somalia. He has 'military' background also but he was a 'soldier' level for the Italians and he basically didn't like it the military life. Ironically I will ask my mother what did he become when Somalia when it became 'xor' she is speaking about the colonial period her father grew up in. So that's her take on colonialism.

1960 is another 'era' which has to be treated as another 'era' for Somalia. But we need to 'galvanise' what happened before 1960 with the people and then look at 'pre colonial' time period and find their version of Somalia even though it never existed then. So we need to go into 'sultanate' eras.

I think Darod are ignorant, ma garan karan waxay hawiye uu doodayan iyo wixi kale. I listen to my abtiyaal anigu haday wax 'xaq' ah sheegayan iyo wax aan jirin, I also apply the same principle to my father. I correlate the stories of other Somalis of the same generation to find 'correlations' in their story, since the story has to be identical. Ma aha 'gospelka' jesus oo 4 niin ku kala feker duwana niinkasi wuxu yahay. Somalia waa inay lahata a 'story'. Wadan kasto ayaa leh 'sheekoyin'.

Anyways My mother account of Somalia was like this.

Kismayo - She said the original people are 'issa mahmoud, osman mahmoud, ali saleban' they were there at the time her father visited Kismayo in colonialism. She said they were 'refugees' who fled 'sayidka' wars in 'bariga' at the time. Which correlates as the refugee crisis happened when the sayid wars and boqor osman were going on. People don't move for nothing, just like 1991, Somalis moved to west because of war. People only leave if there is man made disaster like wars or natural disaster like droughts or floods or something. Dadku iskama 'gurguro' ma garatay. This correlates with science also. See how I measure their arguments against a scientific model at all times.

She then said there was 'cawrmale' and Gaaljacel who are not 'hawiye' but 'samaale'. Ogaden bananka ayuu joggi jiray in Kismaayo also lakin he stretched to badhaadhe illa NFD. She said Somalis were nomadic at the time, they would bring 'caanaha' geelka since Somali is about camels sxb. We are not fishing culture or farming culture, so this must be true as she correlates to the story of what Somali occupation is. Again another scientific point for my mother.But this is in 'colonial' time bay tiri. The Somalia she is explaining to me.

There was a history before colonials. Like the 'kingdom of majerteniya', the warsangeli sultanates and the 'south' was under arabs at the time especially the coastal areas but the Somali clans were interior and didn't have 'mamul' like the sultanates of Majerteniya iyo Warsangeli, she admitted that. I said good on you hoyo. She said Isaaq was no different who just lived as 'clans' but no central authority before 'colonialism'.

She said there was ajuuraan empire but were only told about it as kids but their memory was long gone by the time she was a child but sheekadisa waa ka jiri jiray koonfuurta sida Boqor Osman sheekadisa weli ka jira Puntland. She said I fear for your generation u will be like how I was about ajuuraan empire, we forgot the history, maybe you burbur kids will forget 1960-1991 history when they're generation pass away. Again another scientific point by my mother. As time passes, the older generation die and their version of Somalia is lost, hence we start NEW Somalia in each generation following the FOREIGN WORLD(arab, african, western) are looking to sink their teeth into us burbur kids in 40 years and guide us into their interests while we have no history to reflect on because they all passed away and left us no DHAXAL.

She said before the colonial period in Kismaayo it was 'Bajuni' who lived there. She said the 'Madow' were brought over from Tanzania and live around the river areas, even they are 'newer settlers'. Marehan reached 'gedo' side and and was pushing towards that way into ethiopia not jubbaland, they were going UP into Ethiopia bay tiri at the time. Not what these Marehan kids tell you on the Somalispot that they were PUSHING DOWN. Maybe they don't have access to their old generation anymore, I heard one big one just died in 'oman' siyad barre kid.

I won't lie to my majerten people. Yes I do support some of Hawiye policies but I am not 'jamac ali jamac' who will begin a war over it. I believe in the principle my 'awoowe' dhaxalkisa somali uma dhaxayso, awoowahay ima oran Somalia ba dhulkani leh, he left it for me and my family or clans. So I support this view and I will start a movement in PL injecting hawiye politics, ileen waa 'cadalaad' waxay sheegayn.

I will whisper to a bah dubays 'ninkani abokor isse' tarikh ka hor 1998 miyuu ku lee yahay meeshani? what is he doing being MAYOR? awoowahina miyaa ku yiri ninkani baan dhulkan leh? I will inject hawiye 'qabyalad' into my bah dubays and swing them into the hawiye political view. I can break Majerten down also if I want too like Hawiye broke down.
Your grandmother is right MX were pushing up not down MX in Gedo has 2 branches reer Guri the originals and Galti newcomers the guri are Soonfure,Reer Hasan,Talxe,Fiqi Yaqyb,Hawrasame,Uurmidig the galti are Celidhere,Reer Axmad,Reer Diini the guri first arrived from Mudug and settled among the Gasaargude RX and crossed the Jubba river to wage war on the Borana in Garbaharey,Luuq, and Doolow after the defeat of Borana more and more Galti started arriving and pushing the Garre and Degodia from Doolow, B/xaawo and Ceelwaaq into the NFD and Liibaan chasing them till Wajir and Nageyle before the British and Ethiopians stopped them the MX never waged war south into Baardheere they were on friendly terms with the Jameeca or Ulema that controlled the town the settlement in Baardheere was peaceful

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Your grandmother is right MX were pushing up not down MX in Gedo has 2 branches reer Guri the originals and Galti newcomers the guri are Soonfure,Reer Hasan,Talxe,Fiqi Yaqyb,Hawrasame,Uurmidig the galti are Celidhere,Reer Axmad,Reer Diini the guri first arrived from Mudug and settled among the Gasaargude RX and crossed the Jubba river to wage war on the Borana in Garbaharey,Luuq, and Doolow after the defeat of Borana more and more Galti started arriving and pushing the Garre and Degodia from Doolow, B/xaawo and Ceelwaaq into the NFD and Liibaan chasing them till Wajir and Nageyle before the British and Ethiopians stopped them the MX never waged war south into Baardheere they were on friendly terms with the Jameeca or Ulema that controlled the town the settlement in Baardheere was peaceful

My mother is adamant 1960 ayaa wax laysku darsaday, dadki degaanka 1960ka halaysku wada keeno meeshay doonan haka soo jeedane. We can't keep going back to colonial period and then pre colonial period as we were all immigrants at one stage of our time as Somali clans besides the coastal arabs who were FIXED across all Somali coastline. Bandar Qasim is ARAB. It was settled by an ARAB. Same with Hamar. Kismayo Bajuni. Somali is a story of 'interior clans' only who would bring milk into the towns of arabs. We played no other role whatsoever till colonials came. So we need to discuss from 1960 is her argument since that's when we became a nation.

She prefers the old regions of 1960 not siyad barre regions. That's why she still views nugaal illa bari as majerteniya, same with old generation. Halka galkacyo waxay dhahan reer mudug which is keenadiid sultanates. They view anything from galkacyo to galgaduud as keenadiid sultanates. Weli markad eegtid old generation they view you like this. Waqoyi is seen as burco and hargeisa only. That's why my dad always said maxay haystan labo degmo mooye looool. She doesnt like the fact reer mudug have green lines joining their tribal regions like omar mahmoud going with pl and habar gedir splitting and going with marehan and murusades. She just see u all as reer mudug people.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Mind you my mother view of Somalia is based on what she remembers and how Somalia was. She views me as 'majerteniya' regions but when she speaks of omar mahmoud she doesn't view them as majerteniya but 'reer mudug' She even calls her own murusade in elbur you are not a benadiri go back to mudug. She said mudug culture is what is left in Hamar now with all the qabiil and green lines, it was inherited from mudug since they live in green lines after keenadiid left them.

He united them all and made them something but they lost their HOGAAN. Ironically he is an osman mahmoud also. She calls waqoyi all the same isaaq, dhulos, samaroon, warsangeli. Hal region bay uu aragta. My region is Majerteniya. From Nugaal to Bari. That's it. She said you should stick to that area and stop interfering in mudug or sool or sanaag. But since 91 qabiil ayaa loo burburay, not region is what i tell her, they forced us to seek our qabiil after aideed targetted darod.

My Father views Dhulbahante/Warsangeli differently to my mother since he knows where he grew up and how integrated it was nugaal/sool together and Bari/sanaag. He said they have shared history darawish wars and the sultanate history, so it's hard to separate them according to colonial borders. But he said it was 91 that made PL unite at harti level, since the nation was in tribal war, it still is according to my father but their just 'hiding it with different foreigners or shabab'.

He said they didn't unite to create tribal somalia they united as harti so they can have peace n quiet while they work to restore somali govt. The somali card is important to them as they fear in calosha loo galayo shisheeye sida djibouti oo meel kasto base shisheeye uu fadhiya.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I broke up my father view he still views 'old pl' before colonialism as his interpretation of Somalia plus 91 tribal war he believes required a tribal solution in PL before we can discuss a Somali solution. He still thinks PL in terms of Boqor osman, Darawish, Warsangeli Sultan. Where-as my mother god bless her she didn't have a sultanates except what the colonials left her which is the borders of Somalia, so she thinks this is how somalis are. Isaaq are the same. So break up their views like this scientifically and relate to it and see it from their angle.

My mother has colonial mindset, it was her first administration. Isaaq is the same. Marka lets class these clans as 'colonial' guys since this is the beginning of their history. While darods step away and say where does our history start.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Mind you my mother view of Somalia is based on what she remembers and how Somalia was. She views me as 'majerteniya' regions but when she speaks of omar mahmoud she doesn't view them as majerteniya but 'reer mudug' She even calls her own murusade in elbur you are not a benadiri go back to mudug. She said mudug culture is what is left in Hamar now with all the qabiil and green lines, it was inherited from mudug since they live in green lines after keenadiid left them.

He united them all and made them something but they lost their HOGAAN. Ironically he is an osman mahmoud also. She calls waqoyi all the same isaaq, dhulos, samaroon, warsangeli. Hal region bay uu aragta. My region is Majerteniya. From Nugaal to Bari. That's it. She said you should stick to that area and stop interfering in mudug or sool or sanaag. But since 91 qabiil ayaa loo burburay, not region is what i tell her, they forced us to seek our qabiil after aideed targetted darod.

My Father views Dhulbahante/Warsangeli differently to my mother since he knows where he grew up and how integrated it was nugaal/sool together and Bari/sanaag. He said they have shared history darawish wars and the sultanate history, so it's hard to separate them according to colonial borders. But he said it was 91 that made PL unite at harti level, since the nation was in tribal war, it still is according to my father but their just 'hiding it with different foreigners or shabab'.

He said they didn't unite to create tribal somalia they united as harti so they can have peace n quiet while they work to restore somali govt. The somali card is important to them as they fear in calosha loo galayo shisheeye sida djibouti oo meel kasto base shisheeye uu fadhiya.
You are absolutely correct on this before the mindless qabyaalad started people from different regions understood each other and stayed in their regions it was easier to maintain peace Koonfur was always Bay Bakool Gedo and the 2 Jubbas we had a certain dhaqan and understanding same as Reer Mudug from Dhusamareb to Burtinle had an understanding all that was blurred by tribalism and war and the Kacaan making new gobols and districts

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
You are absolutely correct on this before the mindless qabyaalad started people from different regions understood each other and stayed in their regions it was easier to maintain peace Koonfur was always Bay Bakool Gedo and the 2 Jubbas we had a certain dhaqan and understanding same as Reer Mudug from Dhusamareb to Burtinle had an understanding all that was blurred by tribalism and war and the Kacaan making new gobols and districts

But that was colonial borders never forget that. Before that these people besides Warsangeli and Majerteniya and Keenadiid(mudug/galgaduud) had sultanates and hence that 'prior' history cannot be just thrown out in the bin like it doesn't matter for colonial guy who was only here for like 30 years. How can 30 years of white man change all the blood and life sacrifice prior to his coming? We need to decide where we START SOMALIA. My mother is adamant on 1960.

I am adamant on 'adjusting' this for the civil war factor and prior history before colonialism. The reason the south never had sultanates is they didn't tanasul for each other and select a HQ which requires one clan giving up land. They never reached this level of development. We were at peace in colonialism cause we were ruled by someone else not because of our settlement patterns. We will be at peace if someone rules us again. If we tell the south u join amisom and UN trustee, and Majerteniya and Warsangeli will go back to their sultanates. Dhulbahante vision of Somali is dead, tell him to keep chasing each other around, while isaaq goes back to british roots.

If u take away sayid somalinimo this is what will happen. Majerten boqortoyo ayuu ku noqon kara. I feel for dhulbahante since somalinimo la'anteeda he is finished as a clan, he will return to dhulbahante kala fadhiyo sida beelaha kale ee Isaaq because he won't want british who killed his awooweyaal, isaaq waa kala farisan doona and have no administration also. They just go back to prior roots since there is nothing there to create anything, there is no memory for isaaq oo mamul haysto.

Aniga osman mahmoud soo ma ahi? my awoowe died for boqortoyo of majerten against sayid. I changed my awoowe vision markan arkay in somalinimo card is a wise choice in this big world. If u break up harti, we become weaker right? if u break up somali same thing? we can't present ourselves to the world like that. So I support sayid vision, I really do. But my awoowe was on the wrong side of the war, do i just stay there and bunbunis my awoowe and not change? that is suicide. My father says dont copy me, be better then me so your kids can have a name to live on like my father gave me a name so I can survive. Is this culture in Somalia NO they just copy their fathers, they add nothing.

Last edited:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
But that was colonial borders never forget that. Before that these people besides Warsangeli and Majerteniya and Keenadiid(mudug/galgaduud) had sultanates and hence that 'prior' history cannot be just thrown out in the bin like it doesn't matter for colonial guy who was only here for like 30 years. How can 30 years of white man change all the blood and life sacrifice prior to his coming? We need to decide where we START SOMALIA. My mother is adamant on 1960.

I am adamant on 'adjusting' this for the civil war factor and prior history before colonialism. The reason the south never had sultanates is they didn't tanasul for each other and select a HQ which requires one clan giving up land. They never reached this level of development. We were at peace in colonialism cause we were ruled by someone else not because of our settlement patterns. We will be at peace if someone rules us again. If we tell the south u join amisom and UN trustee, and Majerteniya and Warsangeli will go back to their sultanates. Dhulbahante vision of Somali is dead, tell him to keep chasing each other around, while isaaq goes back to british roots.

If u take away sayid somalinimo this is what will happen. Majerten boqortoyo ayuu ku noqon kara. I feel for dhulbahante since somalinimo la'anteeda he is finished as a clan, he will return to dhulbahante kala fadhiyo sida beelaha kale ee Isaaq because he won't want british who killed his awooweyaal, isaaq waa kala farisan doona and have no administration also. They just go back to prior roots since there is nothing there to create anything, there is no memory for isaaq oo mamul haysto.

Aniga osman mahmoud soo ma ahi? my awoowe died for boqortoyo of majerten against sayid. I changed my awoowe vision markan arkay in somalinimo card is a wise choice in this big world. If u break up harti, we become weaker right? if u break up somali same thing? we can't present ourselves to the world like that. So I support sayid vision, I really do. But my awoowe was on the wrong side of the war, do i just stay there and bunbunis my awoowe and not change? that is suicide. My father says dont copy me, be better then me so your kids can have a name to live on like my father gave me a name so I can survive. Is this culture in Somalia NO they just copy their fathers, they add nothing.
Sayiidka the mad mullah if he was alive today he would be the leader of al shabaab

Farm

VIP
I will start a movement in PL injecting hawiye politics, ileen waa 'cadalaad' waxay sheegayn.

IIF96Bb.jpg

Trending

Latest posts