Somalia Riverine Communities Ancient Weaponry

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is an interesting tool. This is very common weapons of farming communities across Africa. Definitely inherited from Bantu culture who are the masters of farmers in Africa. Ironically this isn't a tool that is used in any 'desert' area of Africa, another ironic difference in culture. This supports my idea farming(bantu) and desert africa(non bantus) having vastly lifestyles. The only influence possible on 'desert' cultures is from other 'desert' cultures since they can cross migrate and live suitably in the desert. That's why farming societies cannot pass much onto desert societies as they cannot cope in the desert conditions, they need to wait for us to 'settle down' into farming community before beginning the cultural change process.

This is an interesting tool. This is very common weapons of farming communities across Africa. Definitely inherited from Bantu culture who are the masters of farmers in Africa. Ironically this isn't a tool that is used in any 'desert' area of Africa, another ironic difference in culture. This supports my idea farming(bantu) and desert africa(non bantus) having vastly lifestyles. The only influence possible on 'desert' cultures is from other 'desert' cultures since they can cross migrate and live suitably in the desert. That's why farming societies cannot pass much onto desert societies as they cannot cope in the desert conditions, they need to wait for us to 'settle down' into farming community before beginning the cultural change process.
It's a bow it existed everywhere in the world except Oceania and Australia. It's been in Africa for up 70k years. Not by bantus but found in southern Africa probably by the Khoisan. Its a worldwide basic weapon.

You're a suugo science merchant wallahi.

World

VIP
That bow is very primitive and childlike.

Check the bow in my OP, it is a classical composite bow used by the nomadic steppe people on horseback for thousands of years. It has a kill range of 50m and an effective range of 200m. At closer ranges (under 50m) it is very deadly and can easily penetrate armor.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's a bow it existed everywhere in the world except Oceania and Australia. It's been in Africa for up 70k years. Not by bantus but found in southern Africa probably by the Khoisan. Its a worldwide basic weapon.

You're a suugo science merchant wallahi.

Khoisan, is possible, but they don't have metal knowledge or a metal caste in their tribal system. Different for Bantu. Bantu 'sweeped' thru, displaced khoisan, it's quite common knowledge. Only people being displaced are the inferior culture like whites displaced aborigines in Australia, a similar thing happened to those Khoisan. Inferior cultures die, cultures that do not catch up with time either thru isolation geographically or isolation due to 'cultural taboos'.

What 'suugo' science are u talking about? I don't even believe in the science of today world, quoting and memorizing the science week articles is no different to me then some religious person quoting quran and memorizing. Science today is LITERALLY DEAD, that's why you won't find new inventions anymore but just 'tweaks' on old inventions or already established knowledge.

I am not sure what the hell Somali have against Bantu? They are a farming culture, they spread and followed the river systems, there was no war or displacement, why wud africa have 500 languages if there was 'wars'. Africans don't fight each other, they live side by side and move on with life and keep their culture, unless it's obviously very inferior like khoisan and even then they still have their language and culture even tho it's declining rapidly. Europe is reduced to a few languages due to constant 'wars and conquest and cultural displacement', africa has different story or at least needs one to explain why so many language flourishes.

NO1 in Africa besides BANTU was utilizing the 'rivers' for farming, so there should be no hate for them. They populated it, they didn't displace anyone there since NOONE ELSE FARMED IN AFRICA.

Last edited: