Somalia rejects ‘ridiculous’ UAE incentive to join Yemen war

Som

VIP
You don’t need corvettes, frigates, and destroyers for an ill-equipped island.

You just need transporters and other ships to dock on to the island.

From there you just need a couple thousand soldiers on jeeps to sweep through the island.
This isn't the 18 th century anymore were people just docked their ships on island and conquer stuff. Even if puntland was able to occupy socotra they wouldn't be able to keep it for a long time.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
This isn't the 18 th century anymore were people just docked their ships on island and conquer stuff. Even if puntland was able to occupy socotra they wouldn't be able to keep it for a long time.
9C09EF78-9FCE-435B-9000-CFF3A2ED28F2.jpeg

Here is the Socotra Seaport. They probably can’t even defend against pirates bro.

Search up WWII normandy beach. They literally took their boats and docked on the beach, and they ran out with their guns blasting. Despite Nazi Germany having hundreds of artillery protecting the beach.

This was only less than a century ago, with world superpowers.

Now imagine a small island with no protection.

Som

VIP
View attachment 129169

Here is the Socotra Seaport. They probably can’t even defend against pirates bro.

Search up WWII normandy beach. They literally took their boats and docked on the beach, and they ran out with their guns blasting. Despite Nazi Germany having hundreds of artillery protecting the beach.

This was only less than a century ago, with world superpowers.

Now imagine a small island with no protection.
Still, even if u take the island you need supplies for your troops and equipment, can't really do that efficiently if u have no planes. PL could occupy socotra maybe for 2weeks max. The local population would also fight back.
There aren't many somalis in Socotra, if the island had a huge somali population then PL could control it more easily

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Still, even if u take the island you need supplies for your troops and equipment, can't really do that efficiently if u have no planes. PL could occupy socotra maybe for 2weeks max. The local population would also fight back.
There aren't many somalis in Socotra, if the island had a huge somali population then PL could control it more easily
It doesn’t matter even if socotra is 120% yemeni. There’s something called annexation.

Socotra has the same population as a somali tuulo. There’s a small little town there, a couple thousand troops is more than enough to smoothly annex the island.)

The island already has agricultural and infrastructure. You don’t need too many logistics to maintain it.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
You are all clearly ignorant on Socotra- PL ties if you think PL would attack them or vice-versa, thousands of puntites mainly meheri and siwaqroon live on both sides. MJ and Meheri have coexist peacefully in 3 different countries even aided each other in wars. Not enough somalis steal eachothers lands now mooriyaans want socotra:ftw9nwa:

Som

VIP
You are all clearly ignorant on Socotra- PL ties if you think PL would attack them or vice-versa, thousands of puntites mainly meheri and siwaqroon live on both sides. MJ and Meheri have coexist peacefully in 3 different countries even aided each other in wars. Not enough somalis steal eachothers lands now mooriyaans want socotra:ftw9nwa:
I don't want socotra dude. I was just commenting those who say puntland could conquer it.
Anyway the Mehris you have in PL are basically somalis, the mehris in yemen and socotra are semities. They aren't the same people anymore

Som

VIP
Can someone even tell me why somalia claimed socotra in the first place?
Socotris are south Arabians with a small bantu, indian and somali minority.
I guess the somali minority is also pretty recent.
We have nothing to do with socotra

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Can someone even tell me why somalia claimed socotra in the first place?
Socotris are south Arabians with a small bantu, indian and somali minority.
I guess the somali minority is also pretty recent.
We have nothing to do with socotra
Hold up somali ppl live there?

Trending