Somalia rejects ‘ridiculous’ UAE incentive to join Yemen war

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
Socotra belonging to Somalis would be clutch. We can move around Bab El Mandeb. And control vital trade chokeholds. Some risks I'll take.

:mindblown:

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Bro Socotra is a free island though... Puntland isn’t fighting the Al-Shabab. So why not finally use their military and acquire a decent sized island for practically free?

Yemen is in complete turmoil, I doubt they have anything guarding the island. Even if they did it wouldn’t be enough to stop the PL’s weak navy and en mass of foot soldiers.

Puntland would have a lot to gain from this which is probably why farmajo declined.
The whole thing is bigger than just the island and the war. UAE is trying to butter up the fgs so they can win them onto their side. They already have PL on their side so it'd be counter productive to offer them socotra

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Socotra belonging to Somalis would be clutch. We can move around Bab El Mandeb. And control vital trade chokeholds. Some risks I'll take.

Shit is a trap, we got enough with Shabaab, we don't need Iran and Houthis

Som

VIP
Somalia has rejected as “ridiculous” an offer made by the UAE for the African state to join the war in Yemen in return for financial incentives, the country’s foreign minister has revealed.

According to Somalia News, the UAE offered to reopen the Sheikh Zayed Hospital in the Somali capital Mogadishu on the condition Somalia take part in the war in Yemen, while officially claiming the Socotra archipelago as Somali territory. The Emirati-run Sheikh Zayed Hospital offered free healthcare to Somali citizens until it was closed by the UAE in 2018, as part of a diplomatic row between Abu Dhabi and Mogadishu.

“Somalis are not cheap tools used to implement your demands (…) Yemen is a neighbour and a brotherly country and has its own sovereignty and dignity of its people,” Ahmed Issa Awad said. “The world knows that Socotra is Yemeni land, and has been from ancient times,” he concluded.

Some Somalis consider the strategically located island as Somali territory and back in 2010 it was reported that Somalia requested the UN to determine the status of the archipelago.

Last year, Awad said that his country’s relations with the UAE are not at the level they should. Somali authorities also broke up a spy network operating for the UAE. However last week, the UAE sent an aid plane carrying seven metric tonnes of medical supplies to Jubaland, Somalia, to bolster the country’s efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19.

Another proof that the UAE is our enemy.
Somalia has zero planes and a ridiculous military, they probably wanted to use our country as a base to carry out their murderous against innocent people in Yemen.

Som

VIP
Bro Socotra is a free island though... Puntland isn’t fighting the Al-Shabab. So why not finally use their military and acquire a decent sized island for practically free?

Yemen is in complete turmoil, I doubt they have anything guarding the island. Even if they did it wouldn’t be enough to stop the PL’s weak navy and en mass of foot soldiers.

Puntland would have a lot to gain from this which is probably why farmajo declined.
Do you even know the amount of soldiers, ships and equipment you need to conquer an island like socotra? Puntland has small coast guard boats, no planes and soldiers without equipment. It would be impossible

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
No more wars to further another mans agenda and ruin the lives of millions of innocent people. Besides we already have more than enough lands :)

Removed

Gif-King
VIP

The question is how could we ensure they would keep their end of the deal? This is such a good deal its almost too good to be true.

Thats bad, but different from having a Houthi situation of our own.
We couldn’t possibly have a Houthi situation Iran can’t touch us and we will keep Somalilanders out of it. For once them being a seperate entity works for us :lolbron:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Do you even know the amount of soldiers, ships and equipment you need to conquer an island like socotra? Puntland has small coast guard boats, no planes and soldiers without equipment. It would be impossible
You don’t need corvettes, frigates, and destroyers for an ill-equipped island.

You just need transporters and other ships to dock on to the island.

From there you just need a couple thousand soldiers on jeeps to sweep through the island.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
No more wars to further another mans agenda and ruin the lives of millions of innocent people. Besides we already have more than enough lands :)
But we don’t have good islands :i83dwbv:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The constitution we have now is qashin and quasi confederalism. If Somalis want to be daacad. Nobody wants to follow the dastuur. Neither side does. What to do? And you have foreign actors in your states. What would you do? Neither side to me is smart but selfish and self centered. All these odays are fighting battles from 30 years ago.

:ohno:
We need to finalize it so both sides know whats haqq and whats not. I wouldn’t necessarily support my region over the fed but in cases like you said this was not a case of law it was a 30 year old conflict rooted in qabiil, how could I support him choosing a state president?

If it was just a matter of reigning everyone into the government and not a clan agenda I would support it.

But we don’t have good islands :i83dwbv:
That damn Island cuts into our EEZ
2626121F-781D-4ABC-912C-873E0F522723.png

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
The question is how could we ensure they would keep their end of the deal? This is such a good deal its almost too good to be true.

That is the tricky question. I have a feeling they are tryna get SFG into a quagmire so they continue their secessionist plans in Somalia. They are trying to cut South Yemen from the North. We'll see. But UAE is the last country I'll trust. They are the gacanyare of Reer Galbeed. And those mfs don't want us to be anything but globalist vassals to suck off our natural resources.

:manny:

Last edited:

MadMullah99

Boqor of Boqors. The man your wife fantasises of.
We cant secure one dingy illegally fishing in Somalia yet some baboons think We should be awarded Socotra.

:mybusiness:

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Dumb dumbs listen up, we got bigger fish to fry. First of all deploying soldiers in yemen is going to negatively impact our quest in lifting the arms embargo.

The uae is trying to bait the fgs into a trap they ain’t our allies.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
That is the tricky question. I have a feeling they are tryna get SFG into a quagmire so they continue their secessionist plans in Somalia. They are trying to cut South Yemen from the North. We'll see. But UAE is the last country I'll trust. They are the gacanyare of Reer Galbeed. And those mfs don't want us to be anything but globalist vassals to suck off our natural resources.

:manny:
Imagine if Somalis had their act together we could have made incredible moves here while Yemen is down but nope we always resort to qabiil.

Socotras population is literally nothing we could have washed over them and made it an interqabiil stomping grounds :snoop:

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Imagine if Somalis had their act together we could have made incredible moves here while Yemen is down but nope we always resort to qabiil.

Socotras population is literally nothing we could have washed over them and made it an interqabiil stomping grounds :snoop:
Wallahi its xanuun just think of the stragetic position we sit on if we only didnt have qabiil bs wallahi even if we were ethiopia or kenya lvl we could make fire decisions annexing socotra or doing china style pay the yemen president N give some soldiers exchange socotra island wallahi its sad we got blessed country with cursed ppl ya allah

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
The whole thing is bigger than just the island and the war. UAE is trying to butter up the fgs so they can win them onto their side. They already have PL on their side so it'd be counter productive to offer them socotra
FGS was lying they were told to say so by Qatar, why would UAE ask N&N for troops when they a huge force in PL with an air force and still train Pmpf they would have off course ask their allies PL, it would make most sense politically and logistically especially also when PL have tradional ties to east Yemen. Why would UAE give away Socotra while supporting a South Yemen Republic also why not again offer PL the islands Puntites live their and socotrans live in PL there is no way SFG can even reach socotra or rule there. PL also is socotra biggest trading partner BTW.

Cawad was reading a script given to him by Qatar who are ignorant about realities on the ground both UAE allies SL and PL are literally next door to Yemen with much better forces and have ties with Yemenis, FGS couldn't defeat Jubbaland yet supposedly asked to send troops to face Houtis:ftw9nwa:

Trending