Somalia rejects ‘ridiculous’ UAE incentive to join Yemen war

Somalia has rejected as “ridiculous” an offer made by the UAE for the African state to join the war in Yemen in return for financial incentives, the country’s foreign minister has revealed.

According to Somalia News, the UAE offered to reopen the Sheikh Zayed Hospital in the Somali capital Mogadishu on the condition Somalia take part in the war in Yemen, while officially claiming the Socotra archipelago as Somali territory. The Emirati-run Sheikh Zayed Hospital offered free healthcare to Somali citizens until it was closed by the UAE in 2018, as part of a diplomatic row between Abu Dhabi and Mogadishu.

“Somalis are not cheap tools used to implement your demands (…) Yemen is a neighbour and a brotherly country and has its own sovereignty and dignity of its people,” Ahmed Issa Awad said. “The world knows that Socotra is Yemeni land, and has been from ancient times,” he concluded.

Some Somalis consider the strategically located island as Somali territory and back in 2010 it was reported that Somalia requested the UN to determine the status of the archipelago.

Last year, Awad said that his country’s relations with the UAE are not at the level they should. Somali authorities also broke up a spy network operating for the UAE. However last week, the UAE sent an aid plane carrying seven metric tonnes of medical supplies to Jubaland, Somalia, to bolster the country’s efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19.

:mindblown:

WTF I'll take this deal! The Yemenis stabbed us in the back in '77. f*ck them!

:pacspit::pacspit:

The Somali politician was riding for Yemenis :mjlol:

“Somalis are not cheap tools used to implement your demands (…) Yemen is a neighbour and a brotherly country and has its own sovereignty and dignity of its people,” Ahmed Issa Awad said. “The world knows that Socotra is Yemeni land, and has been from ancient times,” he concluded.

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
The Somali politician was riding for Yemenis :mjlol:

If Farmaajo was smart. I'll give this concession to Puntland and force the UAE to train Puntites as the Somali navy. Win win for everybody. Somalia expands it's sea presence. Puntland gets new territory to control and becomes the linchpin for the Somali navy. We need to make our presence felt in the Bab El Mandeb

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Looking at this from a non bias standpoint I'm assuming all they have to do is donate a couple hundred soldiers to the cause and let these niggas do the rest. Yeah it's true that the fgs can't afford to give out soldiers like that but the risk is worth the reward tbh

UAE would probably stick to their promise. Yemen is even shittier than Somalia if that's possible so them taking back Socotra is outta the question and I doubt UAE even wants Socotra to begin with. They'd gain more from having Somalia under their thumb than controlling Socotra.

The reason why the fgs rejected is because they're still Qatars little puppet. It would've been smarter to ask PL or SL because they actually have soldiers to spare and they're the closest to Socotra. Also they aren't aligned with Qatar in these proxy wars so they'd probably be down. I guess it's for the better no Somalis get involved in tho because houthis are some ruthless mothafuckas they have Saudi on the ropes they could probably slap up any Somali army

Last edited:

Adaawe

The UAE are untrustworthy snakes & liars, be careful

All dhegacases are bro. I don't trust none of them. I only really trust the Turks but they have a Xamar bias they need to get over to be truly an competitor in Somalia.

:francis:

If Farmaajo was smart. I'll give this concession to Puntland and force the UAE to train Puntites as the Somali navy. Win win for everybody. Somalia expands it's sea presence. Puntland gets new territory to control and becomes the linchpin for the Somali navy. We need to make our presence felt in the Bab El Mandeb

The FGS is trying to have a monopoly on power, why would Farmaajo strengthen Puntland or any other state...

The U.A.E needs to support their own candidates with all their resources to win the presidential seat in Mogadishu. They can easily install their own man if they support their own strongman this election. Farmajo will be easily inseated.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
donate a couple hundred soldiers to the cause and let these niggas do the rest. Yeah it's true that the fgs can't afford to give out soldiers like that but the risk is worth the reward tbh

No Somali is dying for Arabs, let them eat eachother.

We'll give refuge to their fleeing doctors and engineers.

Adaawe

The FGS is trying to have a monopoly on power, why would Farmaajo strengthen Puntland or any other state...

The constitution we have now is qashin and quasi confederalism. If Somalis want to be daacad. Nobody wants to follow the dastuur. Neither side does. What to do? And you have foreign actors in your states. What would you do? Neither side to me is smart but selfish and self centered. All these odays are fighting battles from 30 years ago.

:ohno:

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
No Somali is dying for Arabs, let them eat eachother.

We'll give refuge to their fleeing doctors and engineers.
Nuff Somalis already die for no reason and it's not like it's for arabs only they'll obviously give us money on top of socotra

Tell these Somali soldiers they'll get double their salary just to kill some Shias watch more than half of them go. They know that even if they do die they'll go down as heroes and murtads. Jannah will be promised to those that die fighting an religious war

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Join what war? :pachah1:

How about you guys wage a war on Al Shanaab and all the foreign occupiers in Somalia first?:pachah1:
Bro Socotra is a free island though... Puntland isn’t fighting the Al-Shabab. So why not finally use their military and acquire a decent sized island for practically free?

Yemen is in complete turmoil, I doubt they have anything guarding the island. Even if they did it wouldn’t be enough to stop the PL’s weak navy and en mass of foot soldiers.

Puntland would have a lot to gain from this which is probably why farmajo declined.